Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, leeslover said:

Clever of us to base our policy on knowing how it would pan out at Bolton. But for him becoming available and Lemmy trying to placate an angry set of fans it would have been Stott and Sefil, and it still will be if Wheater is out.

Nah. Not having that LL. I fully expect we would’ve brought in another target had we not got Wheater. Not of his calibre obviously (not a Frenchie either tho) but we were too light and I don’t believe our dealings were done. Bit like Shez held out for Ripley 2yrs ago and it didn’t work out, we’ve waited to see if we could pinch him. The situation looked very good for him to be available. You’re not going to fill that slot if you’ve got that chance of getting him in. 

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

They went for Clarke.  Who do you reckon is better? 

Wheater v Clarke?

They rate the giant Soutter (on loan from stoke) as there main centre half, he will be alongside either Eastham or Clarke..Craig Morgan still needs to be shipped out i think aswell

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

we havent virtually anything ... big well done to Abdullah.. got 600k + for edmondson and brought in freebies.. great bit of summer business from the chairman 

Thanks for that Kevin.

28 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Its that hilarious response to any positivity toward AL.  “Thanks Kevin” or “Thanks Baz”. 

😂. Kills me every time...even after the 346th time. 

what cant handle positivity towards the owner ?.god help us when we get promoted 🤣

2 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

lets clarke go who was a big earner , and Baxter   then brings in 2 centre bscks  who have championship experience for free .. 

Lots in that post that hurts my head, but... you could have said Wheater>Clarke and you'd probably have been right.  Making out that Wheater (FREE!!!) in and Clarke (BIG EARNER!!!)  out means we've upgraded and saved money in the process makes me fear for your sanity and/or motivation 

we have upgraded.. we have brought in a better quality center back.. many fans have been crying over clarke leaving and not being kept on.. Well done Abdullah for letting him go , and bringing in A championship center back 4 years younger than clsrke  yes im guessing his wages would have been high, but we havent paid a transfer fee for him, im guessing we probably would have if the situation at bolton  was different, anyway would Wheater have entertained us if it was any different... 

9 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

well this so called prick sold our prize asset for 600k + with clauses   lets clarke go who was a big earner , and Baxter   then brings in 2 centre bscks  who have championship experience for free .. around 10 other players with 1or 2 more joining tomorrow... he has  certainly shone through today .. i imagine our finances are in better standing this preseason than many others from the past.. i think credit is to him here... gone from a real negative feel about the fans after halifax to one with a sense of expectation for game at FGR .. pity i cant get it... well done Abdullah... 

:petesake: 

Whilst I applaud the Wheater signing we are still a million miles away from being competitive, we've not looked likely to score at all in the games I've seen so I won't be getting too giddy about us tearing FGR a new one, still need a few more in and although the signing of Wheater should help preserve our League status is that really the aim?

I also reckon he's had to pay top dollar to get Wheater in and it wouldn't surprise me if he's pulling in the thick end of 5k a week.

Like you say it's important to give credit where it's due and on this occasion I cant fault him, let's hope it's the start of a new dawn.

25 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

:petesake: 

Whilst I applaud the Wheater signing we are still a million miles away from being competitive, we've not looked likely to score at all in the games I've seen so I won't be getting too giddy about us tearing FGR a new one, still need a few more in and although the signing of Wheater should help preserve our League status is that really the aim?

I also reckon he's had to pay top dollar to get Wheater in and it wouldn't surprise me if he's pulling in the thick end of 5k a week.

Like you say it's important to give credit where it's due and on this occasion I cant fault him, let's hope it's the start of a new dawn.

no our aim shouldnt be survival,  and i dont believe its the chairmans aim this season either . i agree we havent clicked in front of goal in the preseason games (i have been to them all) 2nd half against halifax i like what i saw when Branger , Fage and the signing from bradford  came on.. plenty of pace in the final 3rd just needed some luck in front of goal which will come. I think your being generous with the £5k a  week for Wheater,.i think its around £10k but i would rather have paid wheater that at 32 than Paying Ckarke 36 a high wage. We do have alot of work to do , this head coach we have got im sure has enough coaching experience to get the best out of our squad..Interesting times ahead for all concerned 

11 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

no our aim shouldnt be survival,  and i dont believe its the chairmans aim this season either . i agree we havent clicked in front of goal in the preseason games (i have been to them all) 2nd half against halifax i like what i saw when Branger , Fage and the signing from bradford  came on.. plenty of pace in the final 3rd just needed some luck in front of goal which will come. I think your being generous with the £5k a  week for Wheater,.i think its around £10k but i would rather have paid wheater that at 32 than Paying Ckarke 36 a high wage. We do have alot of work to do , this head coach we have got im sure has enough coaching experience to get the best out of our squad..Interesting times ahead for all concerned 

Sorry, you think we're paying a player £10k a week in League 2?

I desperately hope that you have no knowledge of finances because if you do we might as well ask the baliffs at Bury to drop by Boundary Park on their way home.

£5k a week at this level is likely to be ruinous, let alone £10k.

i know all about finances thank you very much , i didnt say £10k i said around £10k..Me and you really how much hes being paid yes we all have our opinions on how much we think hes being paid so thats all it is an opinion.. 

I will say but of good business by Abdullah either way.. lets hope for a cracking August..

3 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

yes I know,  and i was also...

On my racing trips me and a friend who are both known for being a little dry have what is known as a 'sarcasm off' with one party being declared the winner on the journey home. 

It works quite well face to face. 

Archived