Transfer Rumours

8 minutes ago, roytoner said:

Why am I only just realising that it’s not deadline day for League one and two clubs today? 

Was disappointed with the lack of signings, however like most other lower tier clubs, seems we’re hanging on until the later than normal deadline of 2 September 

Dont worry, not your fault, Sky are proudly telling everyone that the foootball season starts this weekend 😡

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Just been told by a pal that Lang is on his way to Accy

33 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

FFS Accrington...that demonstrates how far we have fallen😳

21 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

But it does mean he'll be playing in League 1 and not League 2. He'll come up against some better opponents than us. Good luck to the lad.

I've always been baffled by clubs and players in this scenario. If I was Wigan, I would want Lang to go to a team that's looking to win more than lose. I would send him to league two to win games rather than go for a relegation battle in league one. He won't learn anything from being stuffed each week. I've got an Accy supporting mate who seems less hopeful than we r this season

9 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I've always been baffled by clubs and players in this scenario. If I was Wigan, I would want Lang to go to a team that's looking to win more than lose. I would send him to league two to win games rather than go for a relegation battle in league one. He won't learn anything from being stuffed each week. I've got an Accy supporting mate who seems less hopeful than we r this season

That’s why he isn’t joining us 👍

8 hours ago, Oldham82 said:

Just wish we had the team of 1990_1992 now .

million miles away from that season...I would love a milligan and Henry midfield right now, because ours is really non existent.. But we havent so the coach has to work with whats hes got and we have to suffer with whats on show..win against Crewe gets us up and running 

6 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Not a transfer exactly but Danny Cadamateri is the new youth team manager - looking forward to the spelling attempts on this one, not sure I’ve managed it myself!

We also have a young coach from Spain with the academy. Has worked with Xavi I understand. Nice guy when I spoke to him.

Looks to me in the long term AL is going for quality technical  coaching.

18 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Not a transfer exactly but Danny Cadamateri is the new youth team manager - looking forward to the spelling attempts on this one, not sure I’ve managed it myself!

Spelt pretty much phonetically, no?

21 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Bloke convicted of assaulting a woman and had a 6 month ban for drugs? We really have got a type haven't we. 😂

24 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

So how does his roll ( 👮‍♀️ ) fit in with Muzzas?

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We also have a young coach from Spain with the academy. Has worked with Xavi I understand. Nice guy when I spoke to him.

Looks to me in the long term AL is going for quality technical  coaching.

Interesting..... not sure that’s what we need for L2/National League standard players though.

17 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

On the coaching theme, have we got a goalkeeping coach yet?

The guy from the academy is still doing it, Gregor Hartley. Puts good sessions on with the keepers but not got his badges yet going off tweets from other coaches.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Sometimes people reform for the good.

Aye, and he has grown up and said he regrets all that. Absolutely thick as mince though. Saw an interview where he talked about how many young stars at Everton have subsequently gone off the rails (which is a fair point and something Everton need to look at) but the examples he gave were a bit odd - "myself, Jose Baxter, Michael Branch, Richard Dunne". Richard Dunne who went on to play at a World Cup and captain Man City?

18 minutes ago, rosa said:

Aye, and he has grown up and said he regrets all that. Absolutely thick as mince though. Saw an interview where he talked about how many young stars at Everton have subsequently gone off the rails (which is a fair point and something Everton need to look at) but the examples he gave were a bit odd - "myself, Jose Baxter, Michael Branch, Richard Dunne". Richard Dunne who went on to play at a World Cup and captain Man City?

I blame Corney...

Archived