Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Led to believe that Callum Lang will be returning. Wigan were holding out for L1, Fleetwood initially interested, went for Evans, Accrington knocking bet, they've gone for a lad from Swansea. Tranmere have 7 strikers in total, 2 of which on loan I believe. Bury and Bolton a no go and he wants to stay local.

Presume it will be a 6 month deal on loan then try to get him into League One. Wigan signed Kieffer Moore this window and then signed a winger/striker from Wolves on loan which pushes Lang down the pecking order.

Don't shoot the messenger as not from a usual source. However, heard on good authority all the same.

10 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Led to believe that Callum Lang will be returning. Wigan were holding out for L1, Fleetwood initially interested, went for Evans, Accrington knocking bet, they've gone for a lad from Swansea. Tranmere have 7 strikers in total, 2 of which on loan I believe. Bury and Bolton a no go and he wants to stay local.

Presume it will be a 6 month deal on loan then try to get him into League One. Wigan signed Kieffer Moore this window and then signed a winger/striker from Wolves on loan which pushes Lang down the pecking order.

Don't shoot the messenger as not from a usual source. However, heard on good authority all the same.

Lovely stuff

12 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

That would be so good 

hope your sauce is a gud’un  

3 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Just from Wigan's point of view, why have they given the lad a 3 year deal if they can't anyone better than us to take him after he's already played 2 full seasons?

Very saleable asset in the long term for them.

12 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Just from Wigan's point of view, why have they given the lad a 3 year deal if they can't anyone better than us to take him after he's already played 2 full seasons?

His new contract will have increased his wages. Perhaps Wigan want more than most clubs looking for a striker in L1 are willing to pay for someone who wouldn't necessarily start every game.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

His new contract will have increased his wages. Perhaps Wigan want more than most clubs looking for a striker in L1 are willing to pay for someone who wouldn't necessarily start every game.

Still doesn't explain what's in it for them though, he can't be near their team if they can't place him somewhere more promising than us. I realise I'm being a misery here but it's not making sense to me 

On 8/1/2019 at 6:16 PM, leeslover said:

Clever of us to base our policy on knowing how it would pan out at Bolton. But for him becoming available and Lemmy trying to placate an angry set of fans it would have been Stott and Sefil, and it still will be if Wheater is out.

On 8/1/2019 at 6:17 PM, kowenicki said:

Will it? 

Yes.

Archived