Transfer Rumours

57 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Latics fans do have a massive obsession for past players - see the constant mentions of Leon Clarke even now. 

But, I thought Taylor wasn't anywhere near as bad as people made out in his last spell. I think he'd do as well as Maouche in the middle, if he's fit. 

And, he cares about the club and would be good to have in the dressing room. 

Rather than him just being an ex player, I’d guess that the interest in Leon clarke is more to do with the 100 goals he’s scored since he left.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Rather than him just being an ex player, I’d guess that the interest in Leon clarke is more to do with the 100 goals he’s scored since he left.

In twelve years. 

He'd be a good player for us, but there are other fish in the sea.  

6 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

In twelve years. 

He'd be a good player for us, but there are other fish in the sea.  

Or about 80 in the last 6 years. But yeah I’m sure there are others with a similar recent record up for grabs. 

McFadzean, Doyle, Mayor & Clough

Along with Wheater why couldn't we have signed them?

We'd have a spine of a cracking team, a team that knows English football and would probably be around the top three.

I was led to believe the budget was 100% better this season, so surely we could have afforded 3 out of 4 of them, if not, we could have had a smaller squad and had them, if not I thought AL had money?

Feels a real chance missed to build a decent team. I don't know what we're actually trying to achieve but without stating the obvious we're a million miles off the promotion race and surely that has to be the ambition in just our second season in this league.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Can I make a polite request that people stop posting in French, at school I couldn't understand it now I'm nearing 60 I have no fucking chance. 

Thanks in advance. 

vous pouvez mais il sera ignoré

Google translate is a very useful app.

9 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Weren't we linked with Joe Pigott from Wigan in pre-season?

I’m betting there’s  Leicester,  jockeyed for, saddled with, flat season and quick up top puns racing our way 😂

Archived