Transfer Rumours

19 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I know its the place to be .. Looking forward to hopefully seeing him on saturday , hopefully he has some pace which if he has will fit in nicely with the others..With him signing on a free if hes any good we might get some money for him

I hope not.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

32 Appearences in 5 years , doesnt fill you with much confidence but must give him the chance ,hes only 23 with a lot to prove to himself and the coaching staff 

Or he could just be picking up a wage for a year and perhaps play a handful of games at most?

If he plays for Latics, I'll give him all the support I can. However, baffling given our own youth team winger Harry Robinson has been farmed out on loan for  us to sign a lad that has played 21 minutes of football at a professional club. 

I too have heard he has links with the sponsors.

4 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Or he could just be picking up a wage for a year and perhaps play a handful of games at most?

If he plays for Latics, I'll give him all the support I can. However, baffling given our own youth team winger Harry Robinson has been farmed out on loan for  us to sign a lad that has played 21 minutes of football at a professional club. 

I too have heard he has links with the sponsors.

So maybe they're picking up some/all of his wages ?

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

Just as we get an excellent post above from  Bondl1e extolling the virtues of looking for young talent from non league football we try it (McHale) and it gets slagged down, Owtb eh!

Yeah, he is the cream of non league talent. The links to the firm of solicitors that now sponsor us is purely a co-incidence. 
You would be disappointed if a non - league team had accepted a player on those terms, but here we are.

19 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

So maybe they're picking up some/all of his wages ?

18 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

I wouldn't like to assume Pete

Knowing our owner, he is paying more in wages than the sponsorship his family is bringing in....

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

Just as we get an excellent post above from  Bondl1e extolling the virtues of looking for young talent from non league football we try it (McHale) and it gets slagged down, Owtb eh!

If he had something of a record at non-league I wouldn't mind but hes barely played any non-league football and hes 23. FWIW I wrote Sefil off before Id seen him kick a ball Ive now seem him in the flesh and hes as bad as I feared. Im not holding up much hope for this lad on the same basis.

2 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Does anyone know how many part time scouts we use if any and what locations they cover?  Only asking as I've moved back to the UK after 3 years in Sydney and am now in London and there is some serious young shall we say 'urban' talent down here.

As an example, there's a growing Youtube culture down here and one of the teams on the platforms is a team called Rising Ballers - I initially got on to them when i was missing English football whilst in Australia. They give a platform to late teens who have been released or not been taken on for one reason or another, the majority of whom are playing non-league.

Anyway getting to the point,  watching their games a few players stood out compared to the others- this one's got an interesting story (should have signed for Morecambe) and has got a move to a Swiss 3rd division team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZkFpiCh32o

This kid was at Chelsea and has signed for a Dutch division 2 team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C3nZ-LH2b0

But the one who really stood out was this FRENCH kid who's unbelievably skillful. He's just been signed by Sheff Utd: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix4Gb_yd_GQ

It will be interesting to see who he gets loaned to in the football league but the point I'm making is that there are plenty of young hungry kids who would kill to play for a football league club. A team like ours could hoover up a load of this type of player, bring them up for a month or two and cherry pick the best ones if they're up to it. It wouldn't cost the earth and I guarantee they'd be better than some of the clowns we had trial for us in pre-season.

Why not have a focus on recruiting skillful, composed comfortable players with vision and work on developing them physically which is achievable rather than recruiting 'runners' who you will never be able to teach the innate skills of technique, awareness and composure to?  (Although, maybe Callum Dolan is a sign they are thinking this way)

Given the lack of London teams in League 2, i'll be going to a lot of non-league games Tues/Sat throughout the season. I'm not professing to be anything close to a scout (Postman Matt and Monty Burns might say otherwise) but I can tell a player and if i spotted anyone after watching them a few times would be happy to pass names onto the club or to our scouts if we have any.

Why not DM @BP1960 initially, he has a link in at least and could guide you if it becomes established.

Pretty annoyed with this signing. 12 clubs at 23 years old, released by FC United after a month, their fans are laughing at us signing him on twitter they can't believe it. Not played more than 10 games for anyone in his career. Absolutely pointless. Waste of a wage. Can I get a contract? I've got over 200 caps for Springhead

27 minutes ago, JTM said:

Pretty annoyed with this signing. 12 clubs at 23 years old, released by FC United after a month, their fans are laughing at us signing him on twitter they can't believe it. Not played more than 10 games for anyone in his career. Absolutely pointless. Waste of a wage. Can I get a contract? I've got over 200 caps for Springhead

My 60 odd games and 10 goals (from centre half, nine headers and a knee)  for Lokomotiv Lewisham in the Crystal Palace & District Sunday League reads pretty well in the context of this signing.  I could still do a job.

4 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

We already have one of these but the majority of our fans prefer to criticise and focus on the fact he doesn't run around like a headless chicken! 

The majority of those criticising are quite happy he doesn't run round like a headless chicken, what we want from him is a better than 1 good game in 10 average. 

I’m hoping McHale comes good, Dolan too.

My concern here is a finite playing budget, an owner who supposedly has contacts and a loan market still open.  Questions then to be asked -

1. Is this signing (these signings) better than what we have currently?

2. Could this signing (these signings) be developed to be better than what we have currently?

3. Is the position a priority?

Answers to all three are “no”.  This the begs the question, why?  Some of these signings have been extremely questionable.   If they were promising starlets akin to Peterborough’s dealings in non-league then fine but they’re not pulling up trees at clubs lower than us.

Nepotism doesn’t deliver promotion...and this club is starting to feel like Walter White’s car wash

15 hours ago, disjointed said:

The majority of those criticising are quite happy he doesn't run round like a headless chicken, what we want from him is a better than 1 good game in 10 average. 

We all want that but if he had miss’s engine and Clarke’s consistency, he’d be 2 and a half divisions higher.

we’re a bog standard club in an awful league. Appreciate the little amount of talent we have while it’s here because it could be soon gone if Today’s protesters get their way.

Archived