Transfer Rumours

55 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

We all want that but if he had miss’s engine and Clarke’s consistency, he’d be 2 and a half divisions higher.

we’re a bog standard club in an awful league. Appreciate the little amount of talent we have while it’s here because it could be soon gone if Today’s protesters get there way.

How will the protest remove the talent from the club? 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jimbooth said:

How will the protest remove the talent from the club? 

I agree, it won’t, because the ‘protest’ will achieve zero. Absolutely nothing. It’ll be pathetic....and it will be pointless. 

34 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I agree, it won’t, because the ‘protest’ will achieve zero. Absolutely nothing. It’ll be pathetic....and it will be pointless. 

And sitting on your arse, supporting this current owner has achieved nothing in 2 years. It's a downward spiral so far. 

37 minutes ago, singe said:

And sitting on your arse, supporting this current owner has achieved nothing in 2 years. It's a downward spiral so far. 

Supporting the owner. What are you on about now? 

Not getting involved in futile protests = supporting the owner. 

Silly man.  

22 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Supporting the owner. What are you on about now? 

Not getting involved in futile protests = supporting the owner. 

Silly man.  

The people shifting their positions is very amusing to watch. 

15 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Get your kicks where you can. 

You honestly can't see where some of our fan base get their disenchantment from? I suspect you'd of supported Moore till the end as he took us out of  business because it was the thing to do and the fans wouldn't of deserved a club because we'd been run (into the ground) by an absolute fraud of a man? 

There were murmurings of a protest last season but they were put on the back burner with a promise that things would get better, arguably they are worse, these fans organising this protest go to over 40 games a season to the tune of thousands of pounds, are you really serious when you suggest they don't have the clubs best interests at heart and should be so accepting of a regime that is blatantly not fit for purpose, some genuine life long fans are seriously worried for our future and your suggestion is to suck it up and keep handing over the cash until we crash into non league? What then be thankful we have a club and be happy we are not Bury?

Just as your entitled to have your opinion other fans (many who've hardly ever seen us finish above 17th or continuously see us lose more games than we win) have took it upon themselves to organise a peaceful protest, one which hopefully will allow the game to be played with a decent atmosphere but will get across the point that a good percentage of our fan base is unhappy with where we are being taken.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You honestly can't see where some of our fan base get their disenchantment from? I suspect you'd of supported Moore till the end as he took us out of  business because it was the thing to do and the fans wouldn't of deserved a club because we'd been run (into the ground) by an absolute fraud of a man? 

There were murmurings of a protest last season but they were put on the back burner with a promise that things would get better, arguably they are worse, these fans organising this protest go to over 40 games a season to the tune of thousands of pounds, are you really serious when you suggest they don't have the clubs best interests at heart and should be so accepting of a regime that is blatantly not fit for purpose, some genuine life long fans are seriously worried for our future and your suggestion is to suck it up and keep handing over the cash until we crash into non league? What then be thankful we have a club and be happy we are not Bury?

Just as your entitled to have your opinion other fans (many who've hardly ever seen us finish above 17th or continuously see us lose more games than we win) have took it upon themselves to organise a peaceful protest, one which hopefully will allow the game to be played with a decent atmosphere but will get across the point that a good percentage of our fan base is unhappy with where we are being taken.

What will the protest achieve? I’m not having a go. I’m just struggling to see what it will achieve.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I 100% agree people are entitled to their opinions. 

I’m also not saying people have to suck it up. Show me where I have once said that. I may have said we are powerless... but that’s not the same thing at all. 

People can protest if they want and they think it helps. I just think the protests will achieve zero. This is my opinion that you say I’m entitled to. 

2 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

What will the protest achieve? I’m not having a go. I’m just struggling to see what it will achieve.

Only way a protest will be effective is if the majority of the home gate protest.  That’ll never happen due to the mass apathy or ignorance amongst our fans.

I honestly thought the OEC closure would have prompted more action but it hasn’t.

Before this club withers into self destruction the fans needs to act.  Only way is a mass demonstration at home games or a total boycott.  Fans will still attend though with the head in the sand ignorance.

14 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Ha Ha 😂

? I was referring to Lawson not McHale, which I regard as a ridiculous signing. The amount of the budget which has been wasted on players like this when 3 or 4 of them would finance one decent player like Lawson.

3 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Only way a protest will be effective is if the majority of the home gate protest.  That’ll never happen due to the mass apathy or ignorance amongst our fans.

I honestly thought the OEC closure would have prompted more action but it hasn’t.

Before this club withers into self destruction the fans needs to act.  Only way is a mass demonstration at home games or a total boycott.  Fans will still attend though with the head in the sand ignorance.

Is it possibly for people of your mind set to

put their opinion across without personal insults?   People who don’t protest or boycott aren’t apathetic, ignorant or have their head in the sand. They just want to watch football. They’ve seen owners come and go. This one is no different. 

11 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

You haven’t said what it will achieve? 

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

put their opinion across without personal insults?   People who don’t protest or boycott aren’t apathetic, ignorant or have their head in the sand. They just want to watch football. They’ve seen owners come and go. This one is no different. 

Jeez if people of your mindset don’t realise that this is different then don’t moan when we become the next Bury.  If they’re happy watching their football in the NW Counties in coming seasons then fine.

How can you be so blasé believing this current situation is no different to previous owners.  I despair and your comment in that one reply illustrates exactly why we could become the next Bury.  Carry on playing your fiddle whilst Rome burns  

Jeez if people of your mindset don’t realise that this is different then don’t moan when we become the next Bury.  If they’re happy watching their football in the NW Counties in coming seasons then fine.

How can you be so blasé believing this current situation is no different to previous owners.  I despair and your comment in that one reply illustrates exactly why we could become the next Bury.  Carry on playing your fiddle whilst Rome burns  

And again... putting words in others mouths.  I didn’t say the situation wasn’t different, I said the owner isn’t any different in that he won’t be here forever (or for very long in this case). 

What exactly do you want me to do and what exactly do you want the action to achieve?

Then tell me what you think it will actually achieve.

Tell me. 

9 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

You haven’t said what it will achieve? 

It will demonstrate to Lemsagam that the fans aren’t hoodwinked and he needs to then come to the table if he’s hit in the pocket.

This bloke thrives on having the perceived upper hand.  This is why he’s peddling out the 125th shirt and stuff - to win favour of the fan base and have them in his corner as opposed to the FLG.

He knows the Trust has little influence at moment with no backing so throwing titbits out and giving them access to the books on his terms.  Get them on side.

People are worried he may pull the plug and nobody else comes forward.  I’m more confident of our long term future even if there’s initial uncertainty and threat to our future by him walking.

It will demonstrate to Lemsagam that the fans aren’t hoodwinked and he needs to then come to the table if he’s hit in the pocket.

This bloke thrives on having the perceived upper hand.  This is why he’s peddling out the 125th shirt and stuff - to win favour of the fan base and have them in his corner as opposed to the FLG.

He knows the Trust has little influence at moment with no backing so throwing titbits out and giving them access to the books on his terms.  Get them on side.

People are worried he may pull the plug and nobody else comes forward.  I’m more confident of our long term future even if there’s initial uncertainty and threat to our future by him walking.

If he wasn’t doing a 125 year shirt you’d be all over him as another example of him being out of touch and not caring. 

26 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Says the man saying protesters are pathetic and pointless...

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

If he wasn’t doing a 125 year shirt you’d be all over him as another example of him being out of touch and not caring. 

No I wouldn’t.  Putting 125 years under a badge and allowing the fans to choose a design is trivial in comparison to the future of our club on and off the field.

Id rather us use our efforts to secure another Surridge or Lang on loan to wear the current strip I.e. signing players that do not whiff of nepotism or ulterior motives 

Archived