Transfer Rumours

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Says the man saying protesters are pathetic and pointless...

There you go again.  I said the protest would be pathetic (it’ll be small) and pointless (it’ll achieve nowt) not the protestors. 

You really struggle with comprehension don’t you flower.

...oops must be careful you might report me again.  ❄️ 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Midsblue said:

No I wouldn’t.  Putting 125 years under a badge and allowing the fans to choose a design is trivial in comparison to the future of our club on and off the field.

Id rather us use our efforts to secure another Surridge or Lang on loan to wear the current strip I.e. signing players that do not whiff of nepotism or ulterior motives 

Yeah you would. 

Wheater, Eagles, Woods, Mills, Egert.  Are they nepotism or ulterior motives...? I’m not sure you see. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

There you go again.  I said the protest would be pathetic (it’ll be small) and pointless (it’ll achieve nowt) not the protestors. 

You really struggle with comprehension don’t you flower.

...oops must be careful you might report me again.  ❄️ 

Very predictable reply that Kow, could have typed that meself.

You constantly resort to personal insults but alas I've never reported you.

34 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

What will the protest achieve? I’m not having a go. I’m just struggling to see what it will achieve.

Who knows what it will achieve my personal view is that it may encourage the present regime to run the club in a more transparent and professional way, in my opinion it's difficult to argue with anyone whose not happy with the shitshow we are at the moment. 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Very predictable reply that Kow, could have typed that meself.

You constantly resort to personal insults but alas I've never reported you.

So you agree. Good. 

I didnt say the protestors were either pathetic or pointless people....evidentially. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Who knows what it will achieve my personal view is that it may encourage the present regime to run the club in a more transparent and professional way, in my opinion it's difficult to argue with anyone whose not happy with the shitshow we are at the moment. 

Correlation does not imply causation.

Perhaps that’s already happening? 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Yeah you would. 

Wheater, Eagles, Woods, Mills, Egert.  Are they nepotism or ulterior motives...? I’m not sure you see. 

Granted some of those are arguably strengthening but for each of those, there’s 2 or 3 questionable signings.  Also have we spent 200% of that seasons budget or enhanced last seasons budget/recruitment by 100%?  Resounding no!

And re ‘yeah you would’ - who’s putting words is who’s mouth now?  NO...I...WOULD...NOT!  I’m not bothered about a 125th shirt nor the design.  More bothered about a 150th in 25 years time that my kids (and hopefully grandkids) can buy 

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

My personal view is that unfortunately he/they won’t take a blind bit of notice.

Having a ‘conversation’ with Barry Owen on Sheepfoot Lane where people were just shouting over each other was all a bit cringeworthy and childish I thought. 

1 minute ago, Gary1906 said:

My personal view is that unfortunately he/they won’t take a blind bit of notice.

Having a ‘conversation’ with Barry Owen on Sheepfoot Lane where people were just shouting over each other was all a bit cringeworthy and childish I thought. 

Is that what happened? What did Shitpeas have to say?

1 minute ago, Gary1906 said:

It will get worse for them I'm sure given we will be lucky to be out of the bottom two this season.

20 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

20 kids with a banner? 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

20 kids with a banner? 

Whether it’s 5 or 20 who cares. The lads and ladies clearly supporting something they feel passionate about. Wish more Oldham fans would feel the same rather than ridicule them. 

8 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Whether it’s 5 or 20 who cares. The lads and ladies clearly supporting something they feel passionate about. Wish more Oldham fans would feel the same rather than ridicule them. 

Who is ridiculing them? 

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

:clown: needs to pull a few rabbits out of his hat/flat cap before the loan window shuts, difficult given we are propping up the vast majority of the EFL but I live in hope.

No you don’t.

Just now, Monty Burns said:

You. You said whatever they do it will be stupid. You were probably smiling smugly when you saw it was only about 1-2% of the crowd.

I said IT (the demo) would be a pathetic showing and pointless.  It was.  That’s not ridiculing them... it’s a prediction, that came true. 

Archived