Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, latics22 said:

You are so on the wind up. I think I o'Grady could do a job, but 30 goals partnership with vera? Come on???

In this league, they're experienced strikers who've played at a MUCH higher level. Given the quality of Eagles on the wing, given the right tactics and management, yes they could have got 30 between them in all competitions easily. 

4 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

In this league, they're experienced strikers who've played at a MUCH higher level. Given the quality of Eagles on the wing, given the right tactics and management, yes they could have got 30 between them in all competitions easily. 

I worry about you 

Why the hell do we need two more wingers? If Nepo is going , it means that Mo can get his beloved Branger some more game time, but two more wingers? Can't the Clowns see that we don't have a striker worthy of the name? I wouldn't bank on any of them getting into double figures. Still, never mind, the midfielders can chip in now and again and we can always get the odd header in from a defender at corners. What a bunch of pillocks we have running this club. Marco, Barry and Mo; OAFC's version of the Three Stooges. Except they ain't funny.

Marco & Mo are now looking for another unattached winger who can double as a goalkeeper because after all four goalkeepers will leave us a bit light at the back.

So its down to what we have or unattached 6'6" 15 goals a season striker to Oldham.

Speaks volumes.  

Some of our questionable signings this season have been on a fair wedge.  Much better players have signed with other clubs in this league who, I would suspect, are on similar or lower wages.  Something stinks hence why the washing machines have been on full time of late at BP and it ain’t washing the kit!

We sign twenty wingers, crying out for a target man and then we release one today having not played all this season.  Granted COG isn’t prolific but he’s a lump, can hold the ball and lay off to our speedier strikers.

5pm gone and no striker signed.  If the Lemsagams believe we have more than enough up top then they’re smoking something dodgy in their shisah pipes.

11 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Speaks volumes.  

Some of our questionable signings this season have been on a fair wedge.  Much better players have signed with other clubs in this league who, I would suspect, are on similar or lower wages.  Something stinks hence why the washing machines have been on full time of late at BP and it ain’t washing the kit!

We sign twenty wingers, crying out for a target man and then we release one today having not played all this season.  Granted COG isn’t prolific but he’s a lump, can hold the ball and lay off to our speedier strikers.

5pm gone and no striker signed.  If the Lemsagams believe we have more than enough up top then they’re smoking something dodgy in their shisah pipes.

The bloody fans gave Chris Grady and Craig Davies a dogs life.. Slagged them off on more than one occasion,  i imagine hes relieved to get out of our club...sad, our team was crying out for a target man.. but we are left with 5 midgets up front and an abundance of midfielders...

2 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

We might play nepo and eagles up front could work

Maybe the rumours of Gevaro going were untrue, then. But with Smith and Morais signed, plus Eagles (and Branger [shudders]) how do we get them all into a starting 11? Are the Looneys-at-the-Top looking to use an out and out winger as a striker, or do they simply not know what a striker is, because we ain't got one worth his salt?

I'm trying to see find some sort of recruitment strategy going on but I'm really struggling.  Anyone any ideas?

1 keeper too many

Light at CB

2 first choice right backs

7 wingers I think? 8 if Nepo stays

4 strikers - but only 1 has any sort of english league experience

Don't get it.

Archived