4 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

In this league, they're experienced strikers who've played at a MUCH higher level. Given the quality of Eagles on the wing, given the right tactics and management, yes they could have got 30 between them in all competitions easily. 

I worry about you 

Just now, mikejh45 said:

Nixon tweeted O'Grady may be off to join Hill at Bolton.

Wouldn’t be surprised as hill is on a big recruitment for Bolton 

Why the hell do we need two more wingers? If Nepo is going , it means that Mo can get his beloved Branger some more game time, but two more wingers? Can't the Clowns see that we don't have a striker worthy of the name? I wouldn't bank on any of them getting into double figures. Still, never mind, the midfielders can chip in now and again and we can always get the odd header in from a defender at corners. What a bunch of pillocks we have running this club. Marco, Barry and Mo; OAFC's version of the Three Stooges. Except they ain't funny.

• Like 1

Marco & Mo are now looking for another unattached winger who can double as a goalkeeper because after all four goalkeepers will leave us a bit light at the back.

So its down to what we have or unattached 6'6" 15 goals a season striker to Oldham.

12 minutes ago, O.A.F.C 4life said:

Looks like it and no striker signed

Oldham nil.

Speaks volumes.  

Some of our questionable signings this season have been on a fair wedge.  Much better players have signed with other clubs in this league who, I would suspect, are on similar or lower wages.  Something stinks hence why the washing machines have been on full time of late at BP and it ain’t washing the kit!

We sign twenty wingers, crying out for a target man and then we release one today having not played all this season.  Granted COG isn’t prolific but he’s a lump, can hold the ball and lay off to our speedier strikers.

5pm gone and no striker signed.  If the Lemsagams believe we have more than enough up top then they’re smoking something dodgy in their shisah pipes.

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Chris Le'Godray has left. Shame would love to have seen him and Vera given a chance. Two intelligent front men, could have got 30 between them given the chance. 

French influence diminishes! Sacrebleu!

11 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Speaks volumes.  

Some of our questionable signings this season have been on a fair wedge.  Much better players have signed with other clubs in this league who, I would suspect, are on similar or lower wages.  Something stinks hence why the washing machines have been on full time of late at BP and it ain’t washing the kit!

We sign twenty wingers, crying out for a target man and then we release one today having not played all this season.  Granted COG isn’t prolific but he’s a lump, can hold the ball and lay off to our speedier strikers.

5pm gone and no striker signed.  If the Lemsagams believe we have more than enough up top then they’re smoking something dodgy in their shisah pipes.

The bloody fans gave Chris Grady and Craig Davies a dogs life.. Slagged them off on more than one occasion,  i imagine hes relieved to get out of our club...sad, our team was crying out for a target man.. but we are left with 5 midgets up front and an abundance of midfielders...

2 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

We might play nepo and eagles up front could work

Maybe the rumours of Gevaro going were untrue, then. But with Smith and Morais signed, plus Eagles (and Branger [shudders]) how do we get them all into a starting 11? Are the Looneys-at-the-Top looking to use an out and out winger as a striker, or do they simply not know what a striker is, because we ain't got one worth his salt?

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

We can still sign free agents though...

I thought that rule had changed and once the deadline passed that was it. 

I'm trying to see find some sort of recruitment strategy going on but I'm really struggling.  Anyone any ideas?

1 keeper too many

Light at CB

2 first choice right backs

7 wingers I think? 8 if Nepo stays

4 strikers - but only 1 has any sort of english league experience

Don't get it.

2 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Maybe the rumours of Gevaro going were untrue, then. But with Smith and Morais signed, plus Eagles (and Branger [shudders]) how do we get them all into a starting 11? Are the Looneys-at-the-Top looking to use an out and out winger as a striker, or do they simply not know what a striker is, because we ain't got one worth his salt?

New formation with Wheater up top and Wilson at CB. would make sense to Mo. 

Just now, nzlatic said:

I'm trying to see find some sort of recruitment strategy going on but I'm really struggling.  Anyone any ideas?

1 keeper too many

Light at CB

2 first choice right backs

7 wingers I think? 8 if Nepo stays

4 strikers - but only 1 has any sort of english league experience

Don't get it.

and all our forwards are midgets. Dead easy to muscle of the ball..Thats a worry to me because come Jan / feb our passing game goes out of the window on our bog marsh of a pitch. long ball game all the way..that doesnt fill me with confidence 

2 minutes ago, al_bro said:

New formation with Wheater up top and Wilson at CB. would make sense to Mo. 

did you notice on sat wheater joining the attacks to add height to throw ins and set pieces..

Woods

hamer     Wheater        Lacovetti   Smith-b

eagle missilou maouche nep moarais fage

is this the lineup? I don’t see goals

Just now, Frankies6 said:

did you notice on sat wheater joining the attacks to add height to throw ins and set pieces..

😬 Was it the first ever football game in your life? That generally happens in every game ever played. Big CBs go up for set pieces. 🤔

• Like 4

Thibk were in serious trouble without a striker! If weats gets injured we are royally fucked. No goals in this team at all

21 minutes ago, O.A.F.C 4life said:

Woods

hamer     Wheater        Lacovetti   Smith-b

eagle missilou maouche nep moarais fage

is this the lineup? I don’t see goals

Woods

Mills.    Wheater.    Hamer

Fage.                                                  Nepo

Missiliou

Maouche.                  Morias

Eagles

Azankpo