Transfer Rumours

12 hours ago, LaticMark said:

But they'll be getting passes and crosses from our 13 wingers and midfielders!

Johan Branger-Engone

Mohamed Maouche

Gevaro Nepomuceno

Florian Gonzales

Christopher Missilou

Dylan Fage

Dominic McHale

Callum Dolan

Mohamad Sylla

Jonny Smith

Chris Eagles

Filipe Morais   

Giles Coke

:wink:

Absolutely bonkers.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not one for giving time are you BP ? Wilson scored plenty in a worse team than ours. Sounds more like bad tactics to me. I think he’ll come good. 

He played with a big strike partner at Macclesfield..

With regard to the rumour that Nepo. was leaving for 100k to Salford. I'd possibly give AL the benefit of the doubt that the money was being used to bring in a striker, but the deal fell through, therefore Nepo. is still here. I'm not very confident in this, but you never now.

15 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but the squad size we have now is an absolute disgrace for a club that quite clearly has very little money (despite that bullshit 100% better budget bollocks).

We can name 18 players on matchday, and following the recent window in all likeliness these would be the 18:

GK: Woods

GK: De La Paz

DEF: Wheater

DEF: Egert

DEF: Hamer

DEF: Iacovitti

DEF: ASB

DEF: Mills

MID: Missilou

MID: Sylla

MID: Maouche

MID: Fage

MID: Eagles

MID: Morais

MID: Smith

ATT: Azankpo

ATT: Wilson

ATT: Vera

That leaves:

GK: Zabret

DEF: Stott

DEF: Sefil

MID: JBE

MID: Nepomuceno

MID: Gonzales

MID: McHale

MID: Coke

MID: Dolan

ATT: Kokos

ATT: Adams

We have 11 full time players twiddling their thumbs on matchday. Ridiculous for a L2 team.

Thank you for this, the first team still picks itself doesn't it, practically no competion for places.

It's been suggested that we are looking to fields a Reserve Team, but I thnk you ahve to join a Reserve LEague for that... Not much youth in there either. Or anyone that will likely command in the future.
Terrible squad that is in danger of taking is out of the League. What a waste of money.

Morais you would expect will play on the right and we haven't had a right footed winger since god knows when, Mike Petrasso?

Given the rate of improvement Fage is making I'd soon have him in the middle with Missilou and go 4-4-fcukin-2 with Morais and Eagles on the wings and 2 strikers up front. Not a chance Barry and Mo will do that though

53 minutes ago, singe said:

Thank you for this, the first team still picks itself doesn't it, practically no competion for places.

It's been suggested that we are looking to fields a Reserve Team, but I thnk you ahve to join a Reserve LEague for that... Not much youth in there either. Or anyone that will likely command in the future.
Terrible squad that is in danger of taking is out of the League. What a waste of money.

Stop singe-ing man. I keep reading about us going down. Put your money where your mouth is ? £100 we don’t go down ?

19 hours ago, kowenicki said:

19 hours ago, O.A.F.C 4life said:

Exactly I rate that signing to a certain extent aswell

What? Half the posts on there state he won't be missed, why the f*ck are we signing someone who won't be a loss to Crawley fucking Town. 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

And how damning an indictment of recent recruitment is that?

To be fair, Smith-Brown came with a decent reputation for this level. Not sure why he's been so poor in his first games. And Nepo is very decent for League Two. 

The bigger recruitment issues have been CB and up front - and not shipping out some of the excess baggage. 

Could we be looking at Banide opting for a 3-5-2/3-4-1-2?

Woods/DLP

Egert/Hamer    -    Wheater    -   Iacovitti/Stott

Mills    -    Maouche/Fage    -    Sylla/Missilou    -    ASB/Nepomuceno

Eagles/Morais

Wilson/Azankpo    -    Vera

This obviously doesn't account for Jonny Smith though, who if Brizzle are letting him come to us for a season I'd expect him to be playing regularly, and he's an out and out winger by all accounts.

With the amount of midfielders we have now I cannot see him a 442, so if not the above then it must be 4-2-3-1 type formation.

Woods/DLP

Mills/Hamer    -    Wheater/Stott   -    Egert/Iacovitti    -    ASB/Nepomuceno

Missilou/Sylla   -    Fage/Maouche

Smith/Fage    -    Morais/Eagles    -    Eagles/JBE

Wilson/Azankpo/Vera

Think Eagles could play right across the pitch if I am honest, perhaps even Morais too.

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

Could we be looking at Banide opting for a 3-5-2/3-4-1-2?

Woods/DLP

Egert/Hamer    -    Wheater    -   Iacovitti/Stott

Mills    -    Maouche/Fage    -    Sylla/Missilou    -    ASB/Nepomuceno

Eagles/Morais

Wilson/Azankpo    -    Vera

This obviously doesn't account for Jonny Smith though, who if Brizzle are letting him come to us for a season I'd expect him to be playing regularly, and he's an out and out winger by all accounts.

With the amount of midfielders we have now I cannot see him a 442, so if not the above then it must be 4-2-3-1 type formation.

Woods/DLP

Mills/Hamer    -    Wheater/Stott   -    Egert/Iacovitti    -    ASB/Nepomuceno

Missilou/Sylla   -    Fage/Maouche

Smith/Fage    -    Morais/Eagles    -    Eagles/JBE

Wilson/Azankpo/Vera

Think Eagles could play right across the pitch if I am honest, perhaps even Morais too.

Let’s play all at once, then we may have a chance 😀

4 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Stop singe-ing man. I keep reading about us going down. Put your money where your mouth is ? £100 we don’t go down ?

I dont often agree with you but on this I do.

Yes we have a poor team and a very average inflated squad. However we will not finish bottom so will not be relegated...bottom third yes maybe but well clear of relegation

16 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Morais in his interview when asked about how he's settling in to the squad...  "Few other boys training that haven't signed, that I know as well"

*Scans list of ex Championship players who haven't played for >18 months*

7 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Yes we have a poor team and a very average inflated squad. However we will not finish bottom so will not be relegated...bottom third yes maybe but well clear of relegation

You do 🤣

I do However agree with your last bit. More of the same shite as last season I reck. Same league position. 

9 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Who do you have as finishing bottom?

4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Who do you have as finishing bottom?

Stevenage Macclesfield and Morecambe will finish below us. I’ve not even looked at the table tbh but that’s what I think personally. 

And because I’ve not looked at the tables for so long I’m not having Burton Fucking Albion or Accrington Fucking Stanley are a league above !!

If you look at who Morais has played with, that is a striker, everyone over 10 games is retired. Except Francois Zoko, who left Yeovil in July. is 35. 45 in 147 games for them. Born in Cote D'Ivoire. Only issues ehe is  5'9 and doesn't have an agent seemingly....

33 minutes ago, singe said:

If you look at who Morais has played with, that is a striker, everyone over 10 games is retired. Except Francois Zoko, who left Yeovil in July. is 35. 45 in 147 games for them. Born in Cote D'Ivoire. Only issues ehe is  5'9 and doesn't have an agent seemingly....

Sure we can sort him out with an agent 

On 9/3/2019 at 12:18 PM, oafcshuck said:

What? Half the posts on there state he won't be missed, why the f*ck are we signing someone who won't be a loss to Crawley fucking Town. 

I’ve just read Felipes interview and he’s got me onboard. I wasn’t even a huge fan of his the first time tbh (better squad then). Sounds like he’s gonna be s real good influence on the team and younger lads. Speaks really well.

Love you Felipe flop 💖  

Archived