Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Just seen on Sky that Billy Clarke is still a free agent. Wants to stay in the north apparently. . . 

We do need a striker but 2 goals in the last 2 season doesn’t bode well. Wouldn’t say no though to replace vera

16 minutes ago, singe said:

He plays for Dover (a bit of a trek)

1 in 12 in the Conf this season, so plausible.....

I thought we could only sign players out of contract.

We are really scraping the barrel here, he had a decent spell at Gateshead season 17/18 with 9 in 44. Other than that he's done nowt and he's 27..

23 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Ha no - lighting rig a proper one not one cobbled together from a cannabis farm 😂.

19 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Does that mean we've invested in equipment to improve the playing conditions? This is sort of stuff Marco should be PR'ing if we have.......

EDIT just re-read.

16 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Does that mean we've invested in equipment to improve the playing conditions? This is sort of stuff Marco should be PR'ing if we have.......

Here you go.
Some might argue a more crucial signing than Vera! 😉

5 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Billy Clarke and Chris McCann played for us yesterday in behind closed doors according to Alan Nixon. 

Chris McCann can play left back so it may be that is why he is being looked at. Billy Clarke has had a reasonable scoring career, albeit not latterly, and has a 1in 4 return. 

Depending on on how they show in training both may be worth a punt 🤔

46 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Chris McCann can play left back so it may be that is why he is being looked at. Billy Clarke has had a reasonable scoring career, albeit not latterly, and has a 1in 4 return. 

Depending on on how they show in training both may be worth a punt 🤔

Did a quick Wiki on Clarke......he's only 5'7".....in my head, Billy Clarke was a target man. Do we need another small forward?

16 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Did a quick Wiki on Clarke......he's only 5'7".....in my head, Billy Clarke was a target man. Do we need another small forward?

If he's better than what we've got yes.

Also I'm pretty sure he played Number 10 for Bradford alot just behind a striker(s) so their is abit of flexibility there.

18 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Definitely not a target man, more a "fox in the box".

Not what we need at this time. 

Just get what we've got to shoot a bit more bloody often.

31 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Definitely not a target man, more a "fox in the box".

Not what we need at this time. 

Just get what we've got to shoot a bit more bloody often.

Shooting is the way...look at Bayern last night.. shoot on sight and how it  paid off. 

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Shooting is the way...look at Bayern last night.. shoot on sight and how it  paid off. 

That wasn’t just shoot on sight though - the shots were struck crisply and with power and more importantly they were placed perfectly. Last night was a masterclass in how to strike on goal. 

Lets hope Dino has them working on their shooting in training this week. 😀

Archived