Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, singe said:

Imagine losing out to Halifax for a striker.

😳

Imagine being outbid by Non League clubs for Maynard. . .  Now stop imagining-this is reality.

Would also like to know if we were actually after this lad and were, once again, overlooked in favour of a non league team. I’m starting to think 97 years (or there abouts) in League 1 is going to seem like the Bovis days compared to the 2 or 3 we spend in this league before slipping away with barely a whimper into Non League. 

6 hours ago, LittlePhilHill said:

Imagine being outbid by Non League clubs for Maynard. . .  Now stop imagining-this is reality.

Would also like to know if we were actually after this lad and were, once again, overlooked in favour of a non league team. I’m starting to think 97 years (or there abouts) in League 1 is going to seem like the Bovis days compared to the 2 or 3 we spend in this league before slipping away with barely a whimper into Non League. 

We were in for him. 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I keep asking and asking. Not doubting just interested. What is the source of the rumour please ?

We were ‘in for him’ according to @singe - that’s the source of the rumour. So we can only presume that he was either

a) The lad allegedly training with us recently  

b) Seen in Tescos

c) A mate of a mate who mentioned it down the pub

😀

I keep asking and asking. Not doubting just interested. What is the source of the rumour please ?

You know I can't reveal a source, but be reassured it was solid written evidence. 

And of course, even if its from the horses mouth, which this wasn't, then people can still cast doubt. 

But you know I have no history of wind ups. 

I don't blame you for chalking it up as poasible not proven, in your shoes I'd do the same. 

Despite our disagreements from time to time, I respect you have a slightly different viewpoint enough not to play games with you. 

If I could tell you, I would. But for me it's pretty strong evidence that we were. 

2 hours ago, singe said:

We were in for him. 

Who cares? Sad times? Nope. Hes a non league standard player. So wether we were in for him or not, I'm happy hes not come here. And it's most likely that we were in for him and he came in and dino realised hes shit so let him go. Hes small, not that much pace from what I've seen and has no record of ever being a striker who scores goals

1 minute ago, Chris15Arm said:

Who cares? Sad times? Nope. Hes a non league standard player. So wether we were in for him or not, I'm happy hes not come here. And it's most likely that we were in for him and he came in and dino realised hes shit so let him go. Hes small, not that much pace from what I've seen and has no record of ever being a striker who scores goals

But is he better than we already have? 

Have we strikers queuing at that door to join us? 

No hes not haha. Nowhere near. We have wilson who is quicker, stronger and even tho not firing, has a lot better goal ratio. Segbe has speed and determination and has only scored 3 goals all season, but still a better ratio lol. And it's his first season in english football. If we are to get a striker he needs to b a big man or theres no point in getting one at all

16 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Who cares? Sad times? Nope. Hes a non league standard player.

So are most of our squad and plenty of the players we’ve played against. Sad times was more so getting financially outmuscled, particularly for Maynard, by non league teams. And most other things to be fair.

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

You after his credit card details or summat ? 

Yes. Particularly now considering his big move.

2 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

No hes not haha. Nowhere near. We have wilson who is quicker, stronger and even tho not firing, has a lot better goal ratio. Segbe has speed and determination and has only scored 3 goals all season, but still a better ratio lol. And it's his first season in english football. If we are to get a striker he needs to b a big man or theres no point in getting one at all

Which begs the question why were we in for him then? Who is driving that? Dino? Mo? Al? Al & Mo? Curly, Barry & Mo? All 4?

1 hour ago, LittlePhilHill said:

So are most of our squad and plenty of the players we’ve played against. Sad times was more so getting financially outmuscled, particularly for Maynard, by non league teams. And most other things to be fair.

Yes. Particularly now considering his big move.

1. Maynard didn't go to a non league team. Nor have any of our other targets. They've all gone to teams that have a budget high enough for league 1 top end. AL or Mo have a lot to answer for and a lot of our players are below standard. BUT dino has frozen those players out. And I'd rather AL scrimp and save and we have a club than pay Maynard or Mayor 10 grand a week and it go tits up. Menig, Byrne, Bryan, doyle, gerrard all examples of splashing out and then they're not performing and get relegated

Archived