Transfer Rumours

37 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I tweeted the club about this guy last season whilst he was at Radcliffe. 

He’s an out and out goal scorer and would be worth a go for sure.

This has to be tempered when you think of Darius Osei who admittedly is banging them in at stalybridge after a year out of the game 

I've watched Osei a couple of times this season and he's done okay, this lad is a step up from him though and can play alone upfront although he's best cutting in off the left for me, he's far more mobile and athletic than Osei and has a terrific right foot on him. He will be picked up by a FL club this season for sure.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/3/2019 at 11:30 AM, BP1960 said:

Yes, from high in the regime.

Very interested in a couple, but so are other clubs. One other, although scoring regularly for his Premiership club

u23s is not fancied though.

Your scouting aside - if you're in regular contact with someone high in the regime what are your thoughts/feelings on the wider running/state of play of the club? 

Are we ok or up shit creek? 

40 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Your scouting aside - if you're in regular contact with someone high in the regime what are your thoughts/feelings on the wider running/state of play of the club? 

Everyone on the Board is under 6 foot.

Shit Creek it is then 😎😎😎

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Pass.

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

David Jones in (training with us), Sylla out (in the OAFC style of not playing any more but still being paid)

David Jones ex Burnley and Wednesday? 

Was a decent midfielder a few years back.... I guess he's getting on a bit now though as seems to have been around for ages. 

If he's fit he could do a good job for us....average age of the squad increasing quickly though.... And percentage of #englishlads!! 

18 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

David Jones ex Burnley and Wednesday? 

Was a decent midfielder a few years back.... I guess he's getting on a bit now though as seems to have been around for ages. 

If he's fit he could do a good job for us....average age of the squad increasing quickly though.... And percentage of #englishlads!! 

At least he will have his own locker. 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Sooner Sylla goes the better let’s be honest. I think McCann has proved this. Doesn’t need to run around as he reads the game. Simple.  

I wouldn't be that disappointed to see the back of most of our current squad, but I think Sylla has role in the squad for the rest of the season at least.  McCann and Missilou offer good balance in the centre of the pitch at the moment, but Sylla could certainly do a job alongside McCann as well.  I'd much rather bring on Sylla to close out a 1-0 than Maouche.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I wouldn't be that disappointed to see the back of most of our current squad, but I think Sylla has role in the squad for the rest of the season at least.  McCann and Missilou offer good balance in the centre of the pitch at the moment, but Sylla could certainly do a job alongside McCann as well.  I'd much rather bring on Sylla to close out a 1-0 than Maouche.

Disagree in all honesty, headless chickens but appreciate your opinion. 

Dino is the guest on this week’s Latics podcast, and talks fairly in-depth about the #frenchlads, and how a team full of foreign imports is never going to get promoted from League 2. He also goes into how Maouche will improve from getting out of cliques in the dressing room.

2 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Dino is the guest on this week’s Latics podcast, and talks fairly in-depth about the #frenchlads, and how a team full of foreign imports is never going to get promoted from League 2. He also goes into how Maouche will improve from getting out of cliques in the dressing room.

He's the leader of that particular clique though isn't he? 

I think Sylla is ok but, like most of them, nowhere near good enough so I'll lose no sleep if we never see him again.

But this weird banishing, yet again, of a player? 

I know a few will feign offence at this in this day & age but I can't think of a different way of putting it - Abdallah and Mo are not very "manly" are they? 

Small, poor excuses for "men" who seem incapable of handling/managing/dealing firmly but fairly with other, usually younger, less "powerful" men and women.... 

A lot of bullies can still seem quite formidable in their way but these two are a right pair of little smacked arses aren't they.

48 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I think Sylla is ok but, like most of them, nowhere near good enough so I'll lose no sleep if we never see him again.

But this weird banishing, yet again, of a player? 

I know a few will feign offence at this in this day & age but I can't think of a different way of putting it - Abdallah and Mo are not very "manly" are they? 

Small, poor excuses for "men" who seem incapable of handling/managing/dealing firmly but fairly with other, usually younger, less "powerful" men and women.... 

A lot of bullies can still seem quite formidable in their way but these two are a right pair of little smacked arses aren't they.

That's the least contrary view I recall you having!! 

1 hour ago, ShireBlue said:

Should of binned this cretin off when we had the chance, to actually make him captain was fucking laughable, all that is wrong about our club at the moment this douche bag.

14 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Disagree in all honesty, headless chickens but appreciate your opinion. 

Fair enough, he's certainly not a guaranteed starter.

13 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Couldn't put it better.

14 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

12 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Should of binned this cretin off when we had the chance, to actually make him captain was fucking laughable, all that is wrong about our club at the moment this douche bag.

Just listened to the podcast in full. As always Dino comes across very well. He has very definite ideas of how he wants the team to progress and how he has improved the players to date.

Dino gave an update on a few of the players in response to fans questions:

Vera - had an issue with the football club - the club is dealing with it.

Hamer - likes Tom, great potential.

Smith - responded well and will be a very good player if he continues to improve

Maouche - very talented player arguably one of the best talents in League 2. But being part of a clique of French players has not helped him to play his best football. Would improve greatly if he came out of that and integrated more with the rest of the lads.

Missilou  - similar comment to the ones above for Maouche.

McCann - friend of Dino’s, Abdallah worked hard to bring him in, hopeful that he will stay beyond January.

Nepomuceno - good player who had a problem with the previous manager. Back in January and looks forward to working with him.

👍

33 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Just listened to the podcast in full. As always Dino comes across very well. He has very definite ideas of how he wants the team to progress and how he has improved the players to date.

Dino gave an update on a few of the players in response to fans questions:

Vera - had an issue with the football club - the club is dealing with it.

Hamer - likes Tom, great potential.

Smith - responded well and will be a good player if he continues to improve

Maouche - very talented player arguably one of the best talents in League 2. But being part of a clique of French players has not helping him to play his best football. Would improve greatly if he came out of that and integrated more with the rest of the lads.

Missilou  - similar comment to the ones above for Maouche.

McCann - friend of Dino’s, Abdallah worked hard to bring him in, hopeful that he will stay beyond January.

Nepomuceno - good player who had a problem with the previous manager. Back in January and looks forward to working with him.

👍

At last a manager willing to mention the cliques. 

I have for a long time worried about the apparent lack of care from managers and owners, about player cohesion and team spirit.

The language differences naturally cause division, which needs to be considered and steps taken to make all the players feel they are cared about and are part of the "Team" and hence are willing to put that little bit extra in for their team mates.

Instead there has been a constant stream of information that the owner favors or disfavors this one or that one and has pushed the manager to select/deselect.  Then the implication is there who the manager favors/disfavors. How can this help team cohesion?

Players getting banished to play with the youth until they arrange their own way out! Clearly existing player will see the way the club treats people, and this is bound to reduce their own bonding to the club.  They are bound to feel "if I have a few bad games I will be dumped too in a most disrespectful way, so why put the effort in.

The best managers manage to get teams playing for them and their team mates. You see this in "off the ball" workrates.  Look how Sheff United players cover each other.  With this owners interference that team cohesion has no chance.  Maybe Dino needs to be careful what he says to the press about players for the same reason.  Players need to think he has their backs. 

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

At last a manager willing to mention the cliques. 

I have for a long time worried about the apparent lack of care from managers and owners, about player cohesion and team spirit.

The language differences naturally cause division, which needs to be considered and steps taken to make all the players feel they are cared about and are part of the "Team" and hence are willing to put that little bit extra in for their team mates.

Instead there has been a constant stream of information that the owner favors or disfavors this one or that one and has pushed the manager to select/deselect.  Then the implication is there who the manager favors/disfavors. How can this help team cohesion?

Players getting banished to play with the youth until they arrange their own way out! Clearly existing player will see the way the club treats people, and this is bound to reduce their own bonding to the club.  They are bound to feel "if I have a few bad games I will be dumped too in a most disrespectful way, so why put the effort in.

The best managers manage to get teams playing for them and their team mates. You see this in "off the ball" workrates.  Look how Sheff United players cover each other.  With this owners interference that team cohesion has no chance.  Maybe Dino needs to be careful what he says to the press about players for the same reason.  Players need to think he has their backs. 

He only needs the players he wants to keep and work with, to know he has their backs. 

For those that he doesn't well they can do one for me. 

Happy with all his comments on the players mentioned 

I don’t think he’s the best manager by a long stretch, but I think he might be just good enough to manage the owners without getting sacked / getting us relegated.... until as fans we can mobilise to get rid of the regime. He’s had more success than anyone else so far in picking his own team and being candid about our clear limitations. 

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

He only needs the players he wants to keep and work with, to know he has their backs. 

For those that he doesn't well they can do one for me. 

Happy with all his comments on the players mentioned 

So you didn’t get my point there londonboy. In Talking players down, Dino has shown  that, as soon as one of his players isn’t doing well, they will get similar treatment. It causes doubt, ( unless you are naive enough to think that the mate who “calls” others to you, doesn’t “call” you to others)

It is why certain well known “great managers” have lost their dressing rooms. 

Dino was pandering to the fan base.  There are those who are pleased he is calling out players we all can see are poor. It is still not a good thing for a manager/head coach to do.

Archived