Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Wardie said:

He looks a big unit, if his arms are bigger than Maamria's, then he will be on the bench. :D 

Imagine if he's on the bench and Segbe scores a first half hat trick..what odds can I get for that? 😁

4 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Johnny Smith knows how to find him, and it should give Maouche an outlet. 

Maouche has to start, he will know exactly where to feed a pass to Rowe.

But knowing us it will be 3 defensive midfielders and Rowe on his own to fight for high balls.

Have a feeling though Dearnley could be useful with Rowe in the team.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

But knowing us it will be 3 defensive midfielders and Rowe on his own to fight for high balls.

If Rowe has been on the club's radar for a while [which someone on Twatter has implied] and Dino doesn't get him scoring, then I can see another change of manager on the horizon.

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

If Rowe has been on the club's radar for a while [which someone on Twatter has implied] and Dino doesn't get him scoring, then I can see another change of manager on the horizon.

Apparently we tried in the summer to buy him but fylde said the offer was offensive it was that low

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Recent performances much improved from Maouche, seems to have understood the message, work hard or you stay dropped.

I would give him a chance at number 10, but the midfield relies so heavily on McCann to organise and link play.

Excited by the prospect of Jonny Smith having somebody to else with an instant to go for goal.

While Dino talks about the need to win, his anxiety over conceding goals is evident in the lack of adventure.

Hope Danny is the catalyst for a Latics revival

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

This signing only works if whoever chooses the team tactics abandons playing one up front... otherwise we've just signed another striker who's career we're going to ruin. 

Play Wilson and Rowe up front, Nepo on the wing to get crosses in, McCann in centre mid and make the best of it in all other positions. 

Call it fantasy, but it's possible Rowe and Segbe could work well together, Segbe pulling defenders out of position while Rowe stays where he normally hangs out, on the edges of the penalty area, hopefully unmarked.

44 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

he doesnt even rely on the service because he can put them in from anywhere...

It drives me insane the number of so called strikers we have who don't create their own goals as well as finish those created by their mates. 

Especially when they don't finish the chances created by their team mates or their team mates don't create...

You'd just be "fuck this, give me the ball...." 

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Call it fantasy, but it's possible Rowe and Segbe could work well together, Segbe pulling defenders out of position while Rowe stays where he normally hangs out, on the edges of the penalty area, hopefully unmarked.

Time for your medication Bp.

24 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Wilson could do that role just abit better than Segbe. Put Maouche next to Missilou assuming McCann isnt back fit with Nepo on one wing and Smith on the other and we might start seeing chances and goals again.

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I actually think there could be something in this 😀 

....Segbe tries his heart out and I would love it to come good for him 

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I actually think there could be something in this 😀 

....Segbe tries his heart out and I would love it to come good for him 

But he’s the worst centre forward (if you can call him that) in the football league. If he could hold the ball up, score, or stay onside he might stand a chance, but he’s terrible at all those. 

42 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It's fantasy

3 minutes ago, Slash said:

But he’s the worst centre forward (if you can call him that) in the football league. If he could hold the ball up, score, or stay onside he might stand a chance, but he’s terrible at all those. 

KTF he’s just settling in ready for next season promotion push 😎

.....and he did have the ball in the net twice at Stevenage and played pretty well in driving wind and rain

tbh I know he is not of the standard we want but I find it hard to criticise a lad from Benin who has been given a chance and is trying his heart out every single minute of every single game

If we build a better squad he is not likely to be in it but for now it his not his fault the manager keeps picking him and he is not hiding or letting his head go down and he should get massive credit for that in my book

1 hour ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Tongue in cheek comment, whitehall was garbage...

i played against Rowe when he was a kid and he’s as strong as an ox, not the quickest but he can definitely finish and he doesnt even rely on the service because he can put them in from anywhere...

it hasnt quite happened this season but he and a few others arent happy at Fylde and he had a transfer request turned down in the summer..

One thing i can say is he hasnt come to us for the money, he wants to play league football...His family are quite wealthy and own plenty of land in Staining ,Rowe himself was left enough to live off...might be why he chose us despite Ipswich being interested

Doesn't really make any sense, if it's about playing league football, why come here ahead Ipswich? Were hardly setting the world alight! We could even end up where flyde are !

16 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Doesn't really make any sense, if it's about playing league football, why come here ahead Ipswich? Were hardly setting the world alight! We could even end up where flyde are !

We're not going down at any stage, no chance Stevenage will get anywhere near us 

Win Saturday and we're planets away

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

Maybe because he his only human like the rest of us...…………… has a family his settled where he lives. doesn't fancy relocating to Ipswich or an 8 hour round trip to training, just a thought...…………..

Or they never put a bid in that was excepted ……………………………….. 

Archived