Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Is he out of contract at Bristol in the summer ?if so he might want first team football plenty of clubs will be after him  might put us in a strong position  against other clubs if he loves it here as some have said 

yes deal in principle.Smith loves it developing. Other clubs where sniffing around , done well to keep him.He alone has been worth the entrance fee this season 

45 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

yes deal in principle.Smith loves it developing. Other clubs where sniffing around , done well to keep him.He alone has been worth the entrance fee this season 

Worth the entrance fee?

M8, have a word.

48 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

2 minutes ago, Agnus UK said:

Worth the entrance fee?

M8, have a word.

I agree with Gus - can I call you Gus?

He's our best player but still nowhere near in the league of past players who WERE worth the entrance fee.....

I'm hopeful Rowe will be once he's settled in...

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Not as shite as him being recalled, as has happened recently.  It’s a positive. It’s not remotely shite. 

Correct.

Our main goal threat, great attitude, consistent performer.

Really appreciate his effort and commitment, this is a positive development, those who seek to find a negative here are hopelessly misguided in my opinion.

If Chris McCann has a similar outlook to Jonny Smith, hopefully he will stay also.

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

He alone has been worth the entrance fee this season 

38 minutes ago, Agnus UK said:

Worth the entrance fee?

M8, have a word.

Must agree with Agnus here.

To be balanced, last time I saw Latics was away at Fleetwood in the mickey mouse cup, when we were slaughtered, and Smith was by far and away our best player that night. However, it's not a great endorsement because the rest (bar Mills) looked like darts players, not football players.

Frankies, I can only assume you are either on magic mushrooms most of the time or have never had the pleasure of seeing players like Alan Groves or Simon Stainrod - now they were players/entertainers worth the entrance fee to see (majority of the time).

He’s decent for this level, nothing more. 

Yes he’s had some good games but he’s been anonymous in a lot of them too. 

His final ball is very poor, and I’ve seen better wingers playing for a few of the shite teams visiting BP this season.  Not sure why people seem to think he can play much higher at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

His final ball is very poor, and I’ve seen better wingers playing for a few of the shite teams visiting BP this season.  Not sure why people seem to think he can play much higher at the moment. 

*head in hands emoji*

5 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

To be balanced, last time I saw Latics was away at Fleetwood in the mickey mouse cup, when we were slaughtered, and Smith was by far and away our best player that night. However, it's not a great endorsement because the rest (bar Mills) looked like darts players, not football players.

Frankies, I can only assume you are either on magic mushrooms most of the time or have never had the pleasure of seeing players like Alan Groves or Simon Stainrod - now they were players/entertainers worth the entrance fee to see (majority of the time).

I nearly mentioned Stainrod but thought better of it, because it points me out as a living in the past, moaning old fool but what a time to be alive!!!!

Rodger Wylde was another that had the crowd's in raptures, bloody wonderful stuff.

8 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Agree with this. Unfortunately up to now he's been our main attacking threat.

12 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Magic Mushrooms love it 🤣🤣🤣.. thats made me smile ! No im way to young to remember Groves and Stainrod.. But i do remember Tommy Wright Adams  and Ricky Holden and yes Eryesy.. he has bags of  talent, normally skins his man and can score goals..plenty more to come from him.. Now where are them mushrooms 🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

Agree with this.

Bags of pace, Can play of either foot, loves taking players on , scores goals and works his arse of the the shirt, and loves being at latics.. And he was in tears on the car park at Mansfield.. Definitely to me getting better , he has said this himself..Definitely worth the entrance fee 

14 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

I nearly mentioned Stainrod but thought better of it, because it points me out as a living in the past, moaning old fool but what a time to be alive!!!!

Rodger Wylde was another that had the crowd's in raptures, bloody wonderful stuff.

part of me wishes i had the pleasure of watching Roger Wylde and Stainrod but i didnt , my dad when he was alive told me all about them.. 

56 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Smith is 22 years old and has a lot of good qualities to his play. He is not the best crosser of the ball but has an eye for goal and time to learn and improve his game. Definitely has huge potential and if he continues to develop he will play at a much higher level.

Well pleased that he is here for the rest of the season and possibly beyond.

45 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Bags of pace, Can play of either foot, loves taking players on , scores goals and works his arse of the the shirt, and loves being at latics.. And he was in tears on the car park at Mansfield.. Definitely to me getting better , he has said this himself..Definitely worth the entrance fee 

Been there meself last season. After the worst nil nil you’re ever likely to see. Rushed from work and broke the speed limit ever so slightly to get there on time. Only fir the team to not turn up ! 

Archived