Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Smith is 22 years old and has a lot of good qualities to his play. He is not the best crosser of the ball but has an eye for goal and time to learn and improve his game. Definitely has huge potential and if he continues to develop he will play at a much higher level.

Well pleased that he is here for the rest of the season and possibly beyond.

Agree. Also needs to play with his head up more and develop a better footballing brain. On Saturday late on in the game when he was played through on the wing by Rowe and Dearnley had broke through the middle all it needed was a quick pass and a Dearnley would have had a 1-1. Instead 4 touches later and a turn inside saw the moment pass. 

He is a player that can get you out of your seat and I hope he can develop better and better! 

1 minute ago, super_blue said:

Agree. Also needs to play with his head up more and develop a better footballing brain. On Saturday late on in the game when he was played through on the wing by Rowe and Dearnley had broke through the middle all it needed was a quick pass and a Dearnley would have had a 1-1. Instead 4 touches later and a turn inside saw the moment pass. 

He is a player that can get you out of your seat and I hope he can develop better and better! 

And for all the right reasons. Usually the whole team has me out of my seat, and onto the exit...

4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Been there meself last season. After the worst nil nil you’re ever likely to see. Rushed from work and broke the speed limit ever so slightly to get there on time. Only fir the team to not turn up ! 

🤣🤣🤣.. 

2 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

He’s decent for this level, nothing more. 

Yes he’s had some good games but he’s been anonymous in a lot of them too. 

His final ball is very poor, and I’ve seen better wingers playing for a few of the shite teams visiting BP this season.  Not sure why people seem to think he can play much higher at the moment. 

Lol... He joined end of September , he is 22, scored 7 in total with 6 assists .... yes he has been anonymous hasn't he....

12 hours ago, Blue Feather said:

Lol... He joined end of September , he is 22, scored 7 in total with 6 assists .... yes he has been anonymous hasn't he....

You can put whatever stats you like. I’ve watched him play poorly in a lot of games this season. 

7 goals is a decent return for a winger, I agree.

One of those was against a pub team though, one was a miss hit cross and the one on Saturday was an own goal. 

My original comment was that he’s decent for this level but not ready to play any higher. Probably why tranmere didn’t fancy taking him again this season. 

36 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

You can put whatever stats you like. I’ve watched him play poorly in a lot of games this season. 

One of those was against a pub team though, one was a miss hit cross and the one on Saturday was an own goal. 

My original comment was that he’s decent for this level but not ready to play any higher. Probably why tranmere didn’t fancy taking him again this season. 

He's high end league 1 standard. It doesn't help him that he's in a garbage team......

52 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

The records say it wasn't... because it wasn't.  You are being very silly here.  He is league 1 standard easily, and still young.

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The records say it wasn't... because it wasn't.  You are being very silly here.  He is league 1 standard easily, and still young.

I think he’s playing at the right level for now.  Just because he’s quick doesn’t mean he’s a level above. His decision making and final ball  needs to be improved for me before he moves up.  

Just for the record. I never said he was crap, I just don’t understand the excitement about a 6 month loan extension. 

17 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I think he’s playing at the right level for now.  Just because he’s quick doesn’t mean he’s a level above. His decision making and final ball  needs to be improved for me before he moves up.  

Just for the record. I never said he was crap, I just don’t understand the excitement about a 6 month loan extension. 

Look , I have been to every match home and away bar one, and the point you raise did not make any sense ? How many games has he played ? Has he affected the game ? Does he try ? Is he Honest ? They are the questions I ask about any player. So he joined at the end of September which means say 5 games in Nov, 6 Games in Dec (He was Missing in 2 through illness apparently) and lets say 4 in Jan so far. That equals approximately 15 games ... and in those games he scored 7 and assisted in 6 which is about 13 games he had a direct involvement in and either scored or affected the game. The point you make sounds like sour grapes or negative. The deflection on Saturday was ever so slight if you were there because I was, and have subsequently watched the extended highlights back on iFollow then you would never in a million years say that was an own goal, but you did. Lets be fair to the lad and also honest, I would love us to buy him and keep him he is a good player, young, willing and eye for a goal why would you pull down your own player ?

18 minutes ago, Blue Feather said:

Look , I have been to every match home and away bar one, and the point you raise did not make any sense ? How many games has he played ? Has he affected the game ? Does he try ? Is he Honest ? They are the questions I ask about any player. So he joined at the end of September which means say 5 games in Nov, 6 Games in Dec (He was Missing in 2 through illness apparently) and lets say 4 in Jan so far. That equals approximately 15 games ... and in those games he scored 7 and assisted in 6 which is about 13 games he had a direct involvement in and either scored or affected the game. The point you make sounds like sour grapes or negative. The deflection on Saturday was ever so slight if you were there because I was, and have subsequently watched the extended highlights back on iFollow then you would never in a million years say that was an own goal, but you did. Lets be fair to the lad and also honest, I would love us to buy him and keep him he is a good player, young, willing and eye for a goal why would you pull down your own player ?

I’m not pulling the player down at all. I’m just disagreeing with the fact he’s ready to play higher. 

Yes, Id take him as he’s a decent winger for league 2 with potential to re-sell. We haven’t signed him perminantely though and if/when he improves, we won’t see the benefits. 

The deflection was big enough to deflect the shot from going way wide to going into the middle of the net. I was literally right in line with it from my seat. If any dubious goals panel could be arsed looking into it, it would be given as an own goal.  Having watched the replay, I can undersrand why you think it was slight as the replay doesn’t do it justice.  

The debate isn’t the goal on Saturday though, the debate is the player himself. I just dont rate him as much as others on here. 

1 minute ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I’m not pulling the player down at all. I’m just disagreeing with the fact he’s ready to play higher. 

Yes, Id take him as he’s a decent winger for league 2 with potential to re-sell. We haven’t signed him perminantely though and if/when he improves, we won’t see the benefits. 

The deflection was big enough to deflect the shot from going way wide to going into the middle of the net. I was literally right in line with it from my seat. If any dubious goals panel could be arsed looking into it, it would be given as an own goal.  Having watched the replay, I can undersrand why you think it was slight as the replay doesn’t do it justice.  

The debate isn’t the goal on Saturday though, the debate is the player himself. I just dont rate him as much as others on here. 

“Way wide”. Just stop.  It was on target and yes it deflected. Not an own goal, ever... even dubious goals wouldn’t take it away.  I was directly behind the angle of the shot in the north stand.  

3 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I had the same view and it was not on target. You’ll be telling the goal against Northampton was a shot next. 

Please stop digging. There is no way out of the hole you've put yourself in. Football is all about opinions but you're now trying to change facts. 

i stated my opinion on the smith signing and people get offended.

I stand by the minor point about  not believing the shot was on target. The majority of people sat round me were of the same opinion. 

I do however agree, it’s not that important whether the shot was on or off target so if that’s ‘digging’ then fair doos. 

6 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

i stated my opinion on the smith signing and people get offended.

I stand by the minor point about  not believing the shot was on target. The majority of people sat round me were of the same opinion. 

I do however agree, it’s not that important whether the shot was on or off target so if that’s ‘digging’ then fair doos. 

No one is getting offended, its just that you are a glass half empty with your posts, and I would suggest in the minority, but like every forum you have your opinion and you have given yours. I thought this was an Oldham FC Forum, and out of all the negativity we have been through lately some posters still find a new level of dishing out further negativity, you have to admit what can be constructively gained by your post .... ? I wouldnt care less if the ball flew into the crowd hit my Aunt bessies left knocker and flew in the goal !! its a Goal .... and as a supporter I would cheer that on every occassion.

2 minutes ago, Blue Feather said:

No one is getting offended, its just that you are a glass half empty with your posts, and I would suggest in the minority, but like every forum you have your opinion and you have given yours. I thought this was an Oldham FC Forum, and out of all the negativity we have been through lately some posters still find a new level of dishing out further negativity, you have to admit what can be constructively gained by your post .... ? I wouldnt care less if the ball flew into the crowd hit my Aunt bessies left knocker and flew in the goal !! its a Goal .... and as a supporter I would cheer that on every occassion.

Oh I did cheer it, that’s for sure. 

If I wanted to be negative, I could find more things to be negative about than Jonny Smith. I just don’t hold the opinion that hes ready to play at a higher level yet. Some on here do. 

11 minutes ago, Blue Feather said:

VAR CHECK

*dots and lines placed on Bessies titties*
No goal

drop ball. 

Archived