Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

 

I am confused!

 

We have been a hot cauldron of enigmas surrounded by intrigue wrapped in mystery for a long time.

 

Now we have a Bunn in that oven...

 

Half baked I assume?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give Bunn time to get his feet under the table. He needs to get to grips with what he’s going to have for pre season. That’s after any of the rebels move on. So I would think he’s chatting to the agents of the players who don’t want to play for us anymore. Then he will have to see who is available to bring in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

It’s not hard. He’s saying Taylor and Ladapo are crap and wouldn’t have made our first team last year yet they are in League 1 next year and we’re not ergo Wellens fucked up. He’s right.

Ahh get u thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/06/2018 at 9:30 PM, Hands on said:

The squad is too big and out of balance to allow for further signings for a league 2 squad without a reserve team fixtures.  Baxter, is that definitely a done deal, looks like the first in until we have some outs. However what we have with Jose should be enough to prosper in league 2 with the right man behind them.  I wonder where we stand with four offered contracts?

I think Baxter is done...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a new keeper the current squad is pretty good for league 2 on paper, given that its only mid June. But, and this is a big but, the dressing room morale and cohesiveness and the culture and environment within the club all need to be positive for this team, however good it might be, to suceed. If it's not right then we will struggle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andy b said:

With a new keeper the current squad is pretty good for league 2 on paper, given that its only mid June. But, and this is a big but, the dressing room morale and cohesiveness and the culture and environment within the club all need to be positive for this team, however good it might be, to suceed. If it's not right then we will struggle. 

 

I see a lot of departures happening yet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Andy b said:

With a new keeper the current squad is pretty good for league 2 on paper, given that its only mid June. But, and this is a big but, the dressing room morale and cohesiveness and the culture and environment within the club all need to be positive for this team, however good it might be, to suceed. If it's not right then we will struggle. 

Spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

I see a lot of departures happening yet 

Well I would like to see all the rebellious players leave ASP. Such as Davies and others that say they are not happy. It’s no use trying to force players to play for us that are unsettled. We had too much of that last season. Franky Bunn has a lot of sorting out to do. He needs to get to know who are really committed to fighting the cause to get us back up out of this league quickly and then bring players in to replace the ones that think they are too good for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Well I would like to see all the rebellious players leave ASP. Such as Davies and others that say they are not happy. It’s no use trying to force players to play for us that are unsettled. We had too much of that last season. Franky Bunn has a lot of sorting out to do. He needs to get to know who are really committed to fighting the cause to get us back up out of this league quickly and then bring players in to replace the ones that think they are too good for us. 

Franky / Frankie - straight into the envelope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect Placide, Clarke, Hunt, Byrne, McEleney, Duffus and possibly Fane plus Davies will be sold or loaned out but on paper surely the following should be one of the strongest in L2 and we return to L1 as Champions by April?

 

Seriously, can our L2 budget afford to keep the following together?  In my opinion, Doyle will not return whilst we’re in L2 so I’m hoping FB can secure us a quality striker on loan from Prem youth and/or AL find us someone from abroad.  Bryan would be quality but I doubt he’d play in L2 despite loving our club.

 

I’m really loving the World Cup so far and even once England starts playing, it’s not OAFC.  After relegation I was a tad disillusioned but after great reviews on FB’s coaching, I’m really fired up for next season.......

 

Zeus de la Paz (2019)

Johny Placide (2019) 

 

Peter Clarke (2019) 

Cameron Dummigan (option taken to 2019)

George Edmundson (2019 plus option)

Anthony Gerrard (2019)

Tom Hamer (2020)

Rob Hunt (2020)

Jamie Stott (2020 plus option)

 

Jack Byrne (2020) 

Ousmane Fane (option taken to 2019)

Dan Gardner (2019)

Gyamfi Kyeremeh (2019 plus option)

Mohamed Maouche (2019 plus option)

Patrick McEleney (2020) 

Chinedu Uche (2019 plus option)

 

Aaron Amadi-Holloway (2019)

Jose Baxter (2019 plus option)

Craig Davies (2019) 

Courtney Duffus (2019 plus option)

 

Under discussion or contract offered;

Jonathan Benteke

Ryan McLaughlin

Wilfried Moimbé

Gevaro Nepomuceno

Edited by Midsblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Nixon saying Brighton looking at Kean Bryan. 

HIs latest tweet about Joe Royle being part of the “upstairs team” at Wigan post takeover is far more upsetting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

HIs latest tweet about Joe Royle being part of the “upstairs team” at Wigan post takeover is far more upsetting. 

 

"Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko

Wigan. Takeover edging closer. Maybe complete before end of window. Joe Royle to be part of upstairs team. David Sharpe now likely to carry on."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

HIs latest tweet about Joe Royle being part of the “upstairs team” at Wigan post takeover is far more upsetting. 

Not as upsetting as his 1 win in 9 return back in 2009. Or when he recommended George Green to us. Or Courtney Duffus. Or Dave Penney. Wigan are welcome to him...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not as upsetting as his 1 win in 9 return back in 2009. Wigan are welcome to him...

 

Shez was completely responsible for that seasons collapse (as he was for the start of last) completely disrespectful comment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Midsblue said:

I suspect Placide, Clarke, Hunt, Byrne, McEleney, Duffus and possibly Fane plus Davies will be sold or loaned out but on paper surely the following should be one of the strongest in L2 and we return to L1 as Champions by April?

 

Seriously, can our L2 budget afford to keep the following together?  In my opinion, Doyle will not return whilst we’re in L2 so I’m hoping FB can secure us a quality striker on loan from Prem youth and/or AL find us someone from abroad.  Bryan would be quality but I doubt he’d play in L2 despite loving our club.

 

I’m really loving the World Cup so far and even once England starts playing, it’s not OAFC.  After relegation I was a tad disillusioned but after great reviews on FB’s coaching, I’m really fired up for next season.......

 

Zeus de la Paz (2019)

Johny Placide (2019) 

 

Peter Clarke (2019) 

Cameron Dummigan (option taken to 2019)

George Edmundson (2019 plus option)

Anthony Gerrard (2019)

Tom Hamer (2020)

Rob Hunt (2020)

Jamie Stott (2020 plus option)

 

Jack Byrne (2020) 

Ousmane Fane (option taken to 2019)

Dan Gardner (2019)

Gyamfi Kyeremeh (2019 plus option)

Mohamed Maouche (2019 plus option)

Patrick McEleney (2020) 

Chinedu Uche (2019 plus option)

 

Aaron Amadi-Holloway (2019)

Jose Baxter (2019 plus option)

Craig Davies (2019) 

Courtney Duffus (2019 plus option)

 

Under discussion or contract offered;

Jonathan Benteke

Ryan McLaughlin

Wilfried Moimbé

Gevaro Nepomuceno

 

That squad will look very different come early August way too early to say how we are going to do. I expect all the action to start soon though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly baffled that there's been no news on the players who were out of contract and in discussion - Benteke, McLaughlin, Nepomuceno, Moimbe (although it sounds like he's off), or whether we've signed up Uche etc after all.  I can understand new signings might be in the mix with Bunn on board now, but you'd think there'd be some news about the ones who are free to walk in ten days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Slightly baffled that there's been no news on the players who were out of contract and in discussion - Benteke, McLaughlin, Nepomuceno, Moimbe (although it sounds like he's off), or whether we've signed up Uche etc after all.  I can understand new signings might be in the mix with Bunn on board now, but you'd think there'd be some news about the ones who are free to walk in ten days.

I won't lose much sleep over  any of them.Is there a deadline date so we can start looking for players who want to play for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Slightly baffled that there's been no news on the players who were out of contract and in discussion - Benteke, McLaughlin, Nepomuceno, Moimbe (although it sounds like he's off), or whether we've signed up Uche etc after all.  I can understand new signings might be in the mix with Bunn on board now, but you'd think there'd be some news about the ones who are free to walk in ten days.

 

Does the last day of this month still have any significance? 

 

I think I remember activity increasing then in previous seasons... Contract expiries etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

Does the last day of this month still have any significance? 

 

I think I remember activity increasing then in previous seasons... Contract expiries etc...

 

Yeah, I think most contracts expire on 30 June. So anyone not signed up (or who has not indicated they are going to) can and will probably walk away, since we won't be paying them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...