Transfer Rumours

I've recommended a big non league Matt Smith type centre forward, but more mobile, not  prolific in front of goal  averages 1 in 3, but exceptional in the air and provides many assists.

Gained international youth caps about 5 years ago, but lost his way and I think he can bounce back again.

Has played at BP in the past against us and I saw him provide lots of problems.

He's out of contract at the end of the season so will be free on lowish wages.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I hope if he goes for a decent fee It will be given to Wild for team strengthening, however, with this guy ‘undisclosed’ is a given and he probably won’t see any of it!

Not sure how you can say that when we have never sold a player under AL ? 

He seems to be arrogant, at least he won’t be pushed around in negotiation you would like to think. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He seems to be arrogant, at least he won’t be pushed around in negotiation you would like to think. 

We've sold Duffus (which in itself is pretty fucking impressive).

12 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

We've sold Duffus (which in itself is pretty fucking impressive).

Also we've given  a few players away for absolutely nothing. Most are probably worth next to nothing, but some could have had some value.

1 minute ago, singe said:

Also we've given  a few players away for absolutely nothing. Most are probably worth next to nothing, but some could have had some value.

That's the other side of it, yeah. AL has cut his nose off to spite his face a few times. 

21 minutes ago, singe said:

There were rumoured offers for Fane (God knows why) before he broke his leg in an incident with Byrne. 

At our level getting players off the wage bill has been more of a priority than getting a fee for them. 

7 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

There were rumoured offers for Fane (God knows why) before Byrne broke his leg

At our level getting players off the wage bill has been more of a priority than getting a fee for them. 

Amended...

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

You may have gathered I am no fan of Lemsagam, but credit where it's due - he managed to get quite a decent fee for Holloway...

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You may have gathered I am no fan of Lemsagam, but credit where it's due - he managed to get quite a decent fee for Holloway...

What ball park figure are we talking ? If you don’t mind me asking haha 

Nice to see he’s managed to score very few goals again aswel. Saying that I would have him over Ogrady 

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Don’t know why but I had it in my head that was a SC deal ? Seems ages ago. I really liked AAH and thought he was a really good link up man. Granted not many goals in him though. That said I still thought he was at least as important as Main in our escape. 

14 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Don’t know why but I had it in my head that was a SC deal ? Seems ages ago. I really liked AAH and thought he was a really good link up man. Granted not many goals in him though. That said I still thought he was at least as important as Main in our escape. 

He got injured after scoring a few, it was main who kept us up 

50 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Memories not my strong point after too many trips to the Dam, however I still rate him. If his head didn’t fall off on one on ones he’d be a championship player IMO. 

I like him too! Wins everything in the air

3 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Amended...

I was being deliberately ambiguous. If Byrne had broke his leg then why weren't charges pressed and/or he was sacked. Training doesn't strike me as the sort of environment where bad challenges, accidental or otherwise, are common place. 

19 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I was being deliberately ambiguous. If Byrne had broke his leg then why weren't charges pressed and/or he was sacked. Training doesn't strike me as the sort of environment where bad challenges, accidental or otherwise, are common place. 

It'd be pretty hard to prove it a deliberate malicious act without TV evidence so charges were unlikely. It's been said that other player's reactions at the time were indicative of culpability.

Archived