Transfer Rumours

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Need to be careful with Edmundson, ok turning bids down but they might not come back with another one...

It’s only May, and with a lot of clubs interested there will be plenty of offers coming in for him 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Need to be careful with Edmundson, ok turning bids down but they might not come back with another one...

First rule of negotiating is surely never accept the first offer.

1 minute ago, singe said:

Dangerous to assume you are going to squeeze an extra 300k out of it just because there are a few clubs interested, certainly don't want it dragging on all summet.

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Dangerous to assume you are going to squeeze an extra 300k out of it just because there are a few clubs interested, certainly don't want it dragging on all summet.

I'd rather it dragged on all summer than we'd sold before the play offs had finished!!

32 minutes ago, singe said:

29 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Where does the arbitrary figure of 300k come from? 🤔 

Latics have a view on what would be a good fee for Edmundson in the current market. If the club feels that Rangers initial offer does not meet that then naturally we don’t accept the offer. If it is true that Preston (and others?) are interested then that should be factored in too.

I believe we are adopting the right approach in the negotiations given how early we are in the process. We may receive a higher bid or a better sell on clause by not accepting the first bid on the table.

And if it does fall through then we have got a top centre back in our team for next season.😉

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Latics have a view on what would be a good fee for Edmundson in the current market. If the club feels that Rangers initial offer does not meet that then naturally we don’t accept the offer. If it is true that Preston (and others?) are interested then that should be factored in too.

I believe we are adopting the right approach in the negotiations given how early we are in the process. We may receive a higher bid or a better sell on clause by not accepting the first bid on the table.

And if it does fall through then we have got a top centre back in our team for next season.😉

Yeah, he better not go and ruin it by accepting £50,000 more!

17 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He doesn't seem the type to cause problems but equally I'm sure in his head he's played his last game for us, got to be fair to the kid as well as trying to get the best deal.

😂

It’s either

”another undisclosed... probably sold on the cheap to the first offer”

or

”need to be careful turning offers down they might not come back with an improved one”

39 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He doesn't seem the type to cause problems but equally I'm sure in his head he's played his last game for us, got to be fair to the kid as well as trying to get the best deal.

Agree with this - a delicate balance.

39 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

I'm sure we'll sell now rather than run the risk that we lose him for nothing (abroad) or training compensation (here) next summer.

We would also get the benefit of having a player who could be playing SPL or Championship football at the heart of our defense for another season, which could make a huge difference to our teams chances. Swings and roundabouts

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

I'm sure we'll sell now rather than run the risk that we lose him for nothing (abroad) or training compensation (here) next summer.

It's my understanding that we'll get training compensation if he goes abroad next summer too. He wouldn't be 23 by June 30th 2020.

Even if all Rangers did was offer £451k that extra grand would be worth it. 

If I was Rangers I'd offer other incentives on top, like an arrangement to play us in a friendly with us getting the gate receipts. It would be relatively cost neutral to them but would give us another £50k, at least. 

Why would we sell?
When else would we have the chance to have a million pound centre half in our team for next season. If we sell him it's not like we can go and bid a million and bring in Phil Jagielka or anything. Might as well keep him and have a good platform for promotion next season.

8 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Why would we sell?
When else would we have the chance to have a million pound centre half in our team for next season. If we sell him it's not like we can go and bid a million and bring in Phil Jagielka or anything. Might as well keep him and have a good platform for promotion next season.

Build our team around a centre half ?  Plus with moyes already back in the country you’d hope he’d already be tapping Jagielka up. 

5 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Why would we sell?

Why would we sell, let me think..
Promotion? Earth to Shuck. As it stands, we should be concentrating on dropping out of the League altogether.

D7GE_xFXoAAIs4l.jpg

47 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Why would we sell?

Er- We are skint.

Archived