Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Meanwhile on the 'transfer rumours' thread does anyone have anything to report?

:tumbleweed:

We don't usually sign players until late june July anyway so I'm not "That" worried about the lack of action their.

I am concerned about the lack of movement on the appointment of a Head Coach

14 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Give over BP the lad is 20! 😂 miles better than most holding English midfielders. 

To be fair he is only 6ft 1.  That’s a bit small for BP.  Like a big ‘un that works hard over anything else. 🦖 

10 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Could this be due to the asking price "alledgedly" being doubled ? :chubb:

Times it by 10 and it might be how much the court is going to make them pay Mr Ashley (ruling already made but not published). Can't see them spending cash, plus as a million pound player he'd want decent wages. They'll be after Scouse loanees for free.

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

OWTB rule 4 subsection 2 states:

’Any thread can be hijacked for a topic that has nothing to do with the original title or purpose for the thread.’

What's that got to do with transfer rumours?

43 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

To be fair he is only 6ft 1.  That’s a bit small for BP.  Like a big ‘un that works hard over anything else. 🦖 

He doesn't rate Fane as much as you do. 

That would be hard though. 

21 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Times it by 10 and it might be how much the court is going to make them pay Mr Ashley (ruling already made but not published). Can't see them spending cash, plus as a million pound player he'd want decent wages. They'll be after Scouse loanees for free.

Have I missed something here???

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

He doesn't rate Fane as much as you do. 

That would be hard though. 

Rate him?  I probably said he did a job and he was the scapegoat for too much, which he did/was and we had nowt else at the time, which we didn't.  

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Have I missed something here???

Rangers seemed not to notice that when their contract being pumped by Sports Direct came to an end, they still had to give them the opportunity to match any replacement contract. Despite being told not to several times they sold loads of shirts through someone else. Big Mike has good, expensive lawyers, and is pumping them even harder. Most likely they want to be seen in a bidding war for young talent for positive headlines while they sell the STs.

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

So assuming that George passed his medical and has agreed terms with Rangers we are presumably waiting for the contract fee and clauses to be finalised before pen can be put to paper?

Any update @Lee Sinnott

I am (or was on Tuesday) under the impression that all that was needed to be agreed now was a fee between the clubs....

20 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I am (or was on Tuesday) under the impression that all that was needed to be agreed now was a few between the clubs....

If you meant 'fee', that must be the stumbling block, surely? Have Latics priced him too highly and Rangers have had enough bartering?

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

If you meant 'fee', that must be the stumbling block, surely? Have Latics priced him too highly and Rangers have had enough bartering?

Going off other players transfer fees, I don't think £1m is overpriced. Edmundson has loads of potential, and no doubt Rangers would want a top fee for him when they sell him on, which also may be a stumbling block if we are wanting a high sell on clause in the contract.

4 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Going off other players transfer fees, I don't think £1m is overpriced. Edmundson has loads of potential, and no doubt Rangers would want a top fee for him when they sell him on, which also may be a stumbling block if we are wanting a high sell on clause in the contract.

I agree with you; £1M isn't overpriced, but I wonder if Rangers think it is. Maybe they're looking at the bigger picture as you say and are seeing a larger profit on the horizon.

On 6/6/2019 at 9:59 PM, Ritchierich said:

I don’t really care who we sign as long as it’s not John Stones.....is professional footballer seriously his full time job?

Agree. Have sat in disbelief over the pundits regularly lauding him as a "comfortable, ball playing defender just like the continentals". No idea what they were seeing as he has always been an error ridden joke of a footballer.

16 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I agree with you; £1M isn't overpriced, but I wonder if Rangers think it is. Maybe they're looking at the bigger picture as you say and are seeing a larger profit on the horizon.

I`m amazed that anyone thinks an average defender from the bottom league, with a club that's just finished nowhere in that league is worth £1M - the world really has gone crazy. Personally, never rated him - think he's slow and cumbersome and generally wins the "easy" headers. Then again, what do I know about football - I follow Latics!

15 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Agree. Have sat in disbelief over the pundits regularly lauding him as a "comfortable, ball playing defender just like the continentals". No idea what they were seeing as he has always been an error ridden joke of a footballer.

Also applies to Harry Maguire and don't even get me started on Phil Jones and Chris Smalling. I don't think there's a decent English international class CB pairing anywhere at the moment. 

21 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I`m amazed that anyone thinks an average defender from the bottom league, with a club that's just finished nowhere in that league is worth £1M - the world really has gone crazy. Personally, never rated him - think he's slow and cumbersome and generally wins the "easy" headers. Then again, what do I know about football - I follow Latics!

:lol: Brilliant.

22 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Yeah you clearly know fuckall about football and have probably never kicked a ball. Were you one that didn’t think Tarky should be catching our team ?  

23 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Must be looking at our defensive stats of hardly conceding goals.

Archived