Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Wouldn't need to be any higher than what Peterborough have offered though would it?

True - I meant higher than the previous offer that they made and at least matching any other offer we have received. 

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

True - I meant higher than the previous offer that they made and at least matching any other offer we have received. 

Rangers would be more likely to offer less cash up front and more down the line, this doesn't all stack up for me.

Although I was just told on Twitter that it meant Edmundson was scared of joining such a Huge Club and bottled it by going to Peterborough. Apparently they can afford him piece of piss and they're selling Morelos for £20m

What kind of player is Edmundson? Having ahd a look at his stats it looks as if he's only really played 1 full season in League 2. Does he have a high ceiling? Did he cruise it? I'm a Rangers supporter by the way. 

6 hours ago, Gers fan said:

What kind of player is Edmundson? Having ahd a look at his stats it looks as if he's only really played 1 full season in League 2. Does he have a high ceiling? Did he cruise it? I'm a Rangers supporter by the way. 

He's not a bad player by any stretch but, if you're sat in the stands, he's more likely to give you the ball than one of his team mates...

Good enough standard to achieve in the tin pot league you find yourself in. I wouldn’t worry. 

He's alright but nothing special. Decent first full season.

I'm struggling to see how a step down from League Two to the SPL will aid his development but, good luck to him... 

Yes he has only one full season, but played several games the season before and more or less a regular at the end of that season. He learned a lot from being alongside a very experienced Peter Clarke and he did as he was told by him during games. He has developed into a very decent player but lacks pace. He can also pick a decent pass out of defense. He is worth £1m in my view for his potential and in comparison to fees other players go for these days 

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He's not a bad player by any stretch but, if you're sat in the stands, he's more likely to give you the ball than one of his team mates...

Whereas John Stones is more likely to give the ball to the opposition.

43 minutes ago, al_bro said:

He played every game last season with the exception of the last game. He had improved massively after going on loan to Fylde last season, went a boy and came back a man. He isn't that pretty on the eye although can drive forward and can hit a decent long range pass but he learns quickly, is prepared to take one for the team and not many forwards caused him much of a problem last year. Stockley at Exeter had the better of him but no one else I can think of. I am sure he will do fine at Ibrox mate, he has a big heart and isn't afraid to mix it.    

George is an incredible young talent who will, undoubtedly, go all the way to the top. You'd be stealing him at £1million, so, Mr Gers "director" get your hand in your pocket and grab a bargain whilst you can.

P.S. remember the magnificent Andy Goram (?) - went from us to Hibs to you - and was worshipped by your fans thereafter. Well, our George makes him look like quite ordinary in comparison.

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

George is an incredible young talent who will, undoubtedly, go all the way to the top. You'd be stealing him at £1million, so, Mr Gers "director" get your hand in your pocket and grab a bargain whilst you can.

P.S. remember the magnificent Andy Goram (?) - went from us to Hibs to you - and was worshipped by your fans thereafter. Well, our George makes him look like quite ordinary in comparison.

Except one is a goalkeeper and the other is a centre half. . . 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Except one is a goalkeeper and the other is a centre half. . . 

and....

I was referring to the "quality" of the player (and it was all tongue in cheek you know) 🤑

59 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The stats proved he was one of the best centre-backs in the league last season but a lot of Latics fans don’t really rate him. Fucking clueless.

Which “proves” that stats can mislead.

23 hours ago, Gers fan said:

He was voted into the team of the year in league 2 and he also won the young player of the year for league 2 if he carries on his improvement trajectory over the last 18 months then you will have an excellent player. He has been helped by having an experienced pro next to him this season and he may need that with the step upto Rangers. But he should be able to cope in the SPL and he is a potential future captain.

Some fans on this message board didn't rate James Tarkowski Dale Stephens or Neal Eardley when they played for Oldham all went to play in the premier league. 

Archived