18 hours ago, LaticMark said:

It also says in the article that Rangers could be about to table an offer of £1m. Maybe they won't bother going that high now that they know we will accept less.

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/157/latics/128381/peterborough-bid-for-edmundson-accepted-by-latics

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He has, but both of the club's official media partners are reporting it to be true...

Possible planted story to reinvigorate interest.

What kind of player is Edmundson? Having ahd a look at his stats it looks as if he's only really played 1 full season in League 2. Does he have a high ceiling? Did he cruise it? I'm a Rangers supporter by the way. 

6 hours ago, Gers fan said:

What kind of player is Edmundson? Having ahd a look at his stats it looks as if he's only really played 1 full season in League 2. Does he have a high ceiling? Did he cruise it? I'm a Rangers supporter by the way. 

He's not a bad player by any stretch but, if you're sat in the stands, he's more likely to give you the ball than one of his team mates...

• Like 1

Good enough standard to achieve in the tin pot league you find yourself in. I wouldn’t worry. 

• Like 1

He's alright but nothing special. Decent first full season.

I'm struggling to see how a step down from League Two to the SPL will aid his development but, good luck to him... 

• Like 8

Yes he has only one full season, but played several games the season before and more or less a regular at the end of that season. He learned a lot from being alongside a very experienced Peter Clarke and he did as he was told by him during games. He has developed into a very decent player but lacks pace. He can also pick a decent pass out of defense. He is worth £1m in my view for his potential and in comparison to fees other players go for these days 

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He's not a bad player by any stretch but, if you're sat in the stands, he's more likely to give you the ball than one of his team mates...

Whereas John Stones is more likely to give the ball to the opposition.

I'm a Rangers supporter by the way. 

You'll have to pick a less ambiguous username next time.

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, al_bro said:

He played every game last season with the exception of the last game. He had improved massively after going on loan to Fylde last season, went a boy and came back a man. He isn't that pretty on the eye although can drive forward and can hit a decent long range pass but he learns quickly, is prepared to take one for the team and not many forwards caused him much of a problem last year. Stockley at Exeter had the better of him but no one else I can think of. I am sure he will do fine at Ibrox mate, he has a big heart and isn't afraid to mix it.    

George is an incredible young talent who will, undoubtedly, go all the way to the top. You'd be stealing him at £1million, so, Mr Gers "director" get your hand in your pocket and grab a bargain whilst you can.

P.S. remember the magnificent Andy Goram (?) - went from us to Hibs to you - and was worshipped by your fans thereafter. Well, our George makes him look like quite ordinary in comparison.

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

George is an incredible young talent who will, undoubtedly, go all the way to the top. You'd be stealing him at £1million, so, Mr Gers "director" get your hand in your pocket and grab a bargain whilst you can.

P.S. remember the magnificent Andy Goram (?) - went from us to Hibs to you - and was worshipped by your fans thereafter. Well, our George makes him look like quite ordinary in comparison.

Except one is a goalkeeper and the other is a centre half. . . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Except one is a goalkeeper and the other is a centre half. . . 

and....

I was referring to the "quality" of the player (and it was all tongue in cheek you know) 🤑

The stats proved he was one of the best centre-backs in the league last season but a lot of Latics fans don’t really rate him. Fucking clueless.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The stats proved he was one of the best centre-backs in the league last season but a lot of Latics fans don’t really rate him. Fucking clueless.

Which “proves” that stats can mislead.

23 hours ago, Gers fan said:

He was voted into the team of the year in league 2 and he also won the young player of the year for league 2 if he carries on his improvement trajectory over the last 18 months then you will have an excellent player. He has been helped by having an experienced pro next to him this season and he may need that with the step upto Rangers. But he should be able to cope in the SPL and he is a potential future captain.

Some fans on this message board didn't rate James Tarkowski Dale Stephens or Neal Eardley when they played for Oldham all went to play in the premier league. 

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 5

He's got a great competitive attitide and as said a certain future team captain. Good in the air and on the ground, although his timing when challenging for high balls can be improved.

Wouldn't say he's the quickest, but definately not slow and covers ground well.

Can get turned by strong slippery strikers like Akinde, but again will gain more know how with experience.

Not the finished product, but will be an asset to any club for many years to come.

Add ons essential as he will only get better.

Ex Scout.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He was voted into the team of the year in league 2 and he also won the young player of the year for league 2 if he carries on his improvement trajectory over the last 18 months then you will have an excellent player. He has been helped by having an experienced pro next to him this season and he may need that with the step upto Rangers. But he should be able to cope in the SPL and he is a potential future captain.

I've always felt he was going to become a decent lower league centre half who was maybe just shit enough for nobody to ever come in for him but good enough to stay here for a long time and do well for us & be an old fashioned decent servant...

He may still be if we don't ultimately sell him...

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He's got a great competitive attitide and as said a certain future team captain. Good in the air and on the ground, although his timing when challenging for high balls can be improved.

Wouldn't say he's the quickest, but definately not slow and covers ground well.

Can get turned by strong slippery slippery strikers like Akinde, but again will gain more know how with experience.

Not the finished product, but will be an assett to any club for many years to come.

Add ons essential as he will only get better.

Ex Scout.

Would agree with all that.

Ex Boys Brigade.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Would agree with all that.

Ex Boys Brigade.

Absolutely.

Dinosaur, current 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, archiecat said:

Absolutely.

Dinosaur, current 😁

Its a myth we are extinct, just waiting for a climate change to as it was in our good old days. 😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Its a myth we are extinct, just waiting for a climate change to as it was in our good old days. 😎

I think that sometimes taking a step backwards makes going forward much easier. casting aside the rose tinted specs.Boundary Park has always been a happier place than it is right now.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not what I wanted to read. Our crowd will be on his back if his distribution is poor.

20 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Good enough standard to achieve in the tin pot league you find yourself in. I wouldn’t worry. 

Hahaha! I didn’t realise League 2 was of such a high standard.