Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not sure people understand the difference between having a bidding war and renegading on an agreed deal.

I take it you mean reneging.

So let’s say you are selling your house and you agree a sale of £300k. All set to draw up contracts. Everyone is happy.

Next day you get a call from the estate agent that someone is probably willing to pay £320k.  

What do you do? 

Go go back on your ‘agreed deal’?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So let’s say you are selling your house and you agree a sale of £300k. All set to draw up contracts. Everyone is happy.

Next day you get a call from the estate agent that someone is probably willing to pay £320k.  

What do you do? 

But what you selling for the 300k ? Is the west wing included ? Do I have to pay the last landlord rent on the greenhouse ? 

26 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

But what you selling for the 300k ? Is the west wing included ? Do I have to pay the last landlord rent on the greenhouse ? 

Just the servants quarters... separate building to stop the smell. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

What do you do? 

Interesting you use this analogy as something similar sprang to my mind.  For starters I'm pretty sure the estate agent isn't allowed to put forward another bidder once you have accepted an offer so what' you're suggesting is pretty dodgy.

I was talking to an estate agent recently who told me about someone who'd had their offer accepted, and had had an offer accepted on their house.  Legals were underway.  About 2 weeks from the exchange date, the seller at the top of the chain said that he wanted an extra £40,000 or he was pulling the deal.  The guy in the middle was a bit screwed as everything was progressing with his house.  So he agreed, because he was backed into a corner.  Then a couple of days before exchange the seller did it again, and asked for another £20,000 or he was pulling the deal.  This time the buyer said no, so the guy pulled the deal and the whole chain collapsed.  Money spent on legals, wasted.  All that excitement about new homes, gone.  Screwing over several people's lives in order to get a 'better deal'.  Fair game you presumably think? 

Each to their own, but to me that's shitty behaviour.  And nothing I'd want to be involved with even if it meant gaining a few quid.  And the big difference between the estate agent comparison, is that there's no reputation on the line with a private house sale.  Acting this way in the football industry (or any industry where reputation matters) won't do you any favours in the long run.  It's short sighted money grabbing and it stinks.

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

I am quite surprised to see how many here endorse his actions, i just wonder if the reaction would be the same if :clown: was given the runaround whilst trying to buy a player.

I don't endorse his actions, if DM's claims are true (they probably are). 

But even if they are true this episode would be way down any list of stuff he's done that concerns me. 

And that then brings us to the point of whether or not this is even true given MacAnthony's previous not to mention the fact he typed "no truth in any rumours" right there on Twitter just 6 days before yesterdays tweets....

I'll continue taking the words of all lie-ing football club owners with similarly sized pinches of salt. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

What do you do? 

Fucking hell, the shit analogies have started now.

What a pair of cunts DM and AL are :lol:

Let me see if this makes any sense:

1) MacAnthony says a week ago on Twitter that any deal for Edmundson  is just a rumour and he's going on holiday.

2) Some poster on here says AL flew out of the country after appointing Banide.

3) Lee Sinnott says deal agreed with Portsmouth.

4) MacAnthony now says on Twitter a deal has been agreed with a handshake and contact was made 8 days prior to the deal falling through.

Who do I believe........on past history....LS has a track record of being more right than wrong.....but not MacAnthony.

It would be interesting to see if anyone knows whether AL has been around to shake on a deal.

MacAnthony reminds me of Trump with his use of Twitter and not all of it believable. 

In this instance, we are not the first club he's used Twitter to attack when things don't go his way.

27 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Fucking hell, the shit analogies have started now.

What a pair of cunts DM and AL are :lol:

Why is it shit exactly?  Do you know the difference between an agreement, a deal and a contract?

Anyhow, alls fair etc etc

6 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

1) MacAnthony says a week ago on Twitter that any deal for Edmundson  is just a rumour and he's going on holiday.

4) MacAnthony now says on Twitter a deal has been agreed with a handshake and contact was made 8 days prior to the deal falling through.

Who do I believe........on past history....LS has a track record of being more right than wrong.....but not MacAnthony.

It would be interesting to see if anyone knows whether AL has been around to shake on a deal.

MacAnthony reminds me of Trump with his use of Twitter and not all of it believable. 

In this instance, we are not the first club he's used Twitter to attack when things don't go his way.

For me it's all part of the bigger picture about how AL operates.  You could scrutinise the accuser on each story - MacAnthony, Gerrard, Davies for example, but ultimately when you put every story together it adds up to something pretty unsavoury.  

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

For me it's all part of the bigger picture about how AL operates.  You could scrutinise the accuser on each story - MacAnthony, Gerrard, Davies for example, but ultimately when you put every story together it adds up to something pretty unsavoury.  

Funny how you bring up Davies and Gerrard to back up your argument.......Davies, a player who downed tools because he wasn't allowed to leave when he wanted and told he was under contract....one up for AL in my eyes. As for Gerrard, he left the club with a threat of going to reveal all and 12 months on, we are still waiting.....all square on that one.

It's coming across as anything and everything that AL is doing is wrong, end of story.

A question remains why did Marcoco shake on a deal?

Gazumping is so despised various Govt's have tried to outlaw or prevent it, new system recently adopted.

We know a few clubs we circling.

It had not been a protracted series of negotiations, only a few weeks. And you can leave a dela on the table without shaking on it.

Thing is Marcoco has form for this. He was involved in a not dissimilar case that went to the Sports Court of Arbitration that resulted in his player being suspended from football and the team his player went to play for being banned for 2 transfer windows, original team did not escape either by the way. No one came out in glory. One of the pivotal moments in the case was when "a person names Abdullah" issued a statement to the press despite being his agent.. Although it was claimed it was not known by the player. in fact, Al Nasr claimed he had agreed with the players (safe to assume his agent too? ) to actually extend his contract Mark Bresciano was suspended for 4 months and fined the remainder of his salary. a cool £1.3m. Not sure when you deal with those sorts of figures why you'd be attracted to Oldham.

Interesting aside, Bresciano signed for Al Nasr in Dubai in June 2011, 6 months after Laurent Banide left as manager.

https://jurisprudence.tas-cas.org/Shared Documents/3411.pdf

10 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Funny how you bring up Davies and Gerrard to back up your argument.......Davies, a player who downed tools because he wasn't allowed to leave when he wanted and told he was under contract....one up for AL in my eyes. As for Gerrard, he left the club with a threat of going to reveal all and 12 months on, we are still waiting.....all square on that one.

It's coming across as anything and everything that AL is doing is wrong, end of story.

Whatever you think of Davies or Gerrard (or the other players, managers and sponsors he's pissed off..), it's pretty unprecedented for ex-players to go so far out of the way to make their feelings about their former boss so publicly known..

Contrary to that, the are no stories (even self- generated!) that indicate that he isn't just making an absolute dogs dinner of the club..

11 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

But that was my point.  If you take what Davies said in isolation you could disregard it if you want because of the reasons you said.  Same goes for Gerrard.  And for MacAnthony.  But when you add them to the list of complaints or comments about how we're being run (eg office staff whose pension conts hadn't been made for months, long standing club photographers/sponsors tossed aside and complaining about the ethics of the chairman for example) the whole picture doesn't look good.

I don't believe that every single thing said about him is true.  I don't think that everything he has done is wrong.  There is just a clear pattern of behaviour that when you join the dots, suggests that he's pissing a lot of people off.  Not the best way to do business in my opinion.  We've not even got any success on the pitch to try and justify it! 

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

But that was my point.  If you take what Davies said in isolation you could disregard it if you want because of the reasons you said.  Same goes for Gerrard.  And for MacAnthony.  But when you add them to the list of complaints or comments about how we're being run (eg office staff whose pension conts hadn't been made for months, long standing club photographers/sponsors tossed aside and complaining about the ethics of the chairman for example) the whole picture doesn't look good.

I don't believe that every single thing said about him is true.  I don't think that everything he has done is wrong.  There is just a clear pattern of behaviour that when you join the dots, suggests that he's pissing a lot of people off.  Not the best way to do business in my opinion.  We've not even got any success on the pitch to try and justify it! 

Agreed a sustained pattern of behaviour i cannot comprehend how anyone is still trying to defend Al actions, he is a proper chicken nugget. 

2 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Agreed a sustained pattern of behaviour i cannot comprehend how anyone is still trying to defend Al actions, he is a proper chicken nugget. 

Because in this instance, I don't think AL is in the wrong.

Just because MacAnthony has pushed his version out on Twitter doesn't make it any more believable because of what has gone on before with AL considering he stated he wasn't in the market less than a week before.

Was he telling porkies in the first instance and if so, why believe him now? 

21 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Broken clock is right twice a day. It’s still a shit clock but you gota give it its little bit of credit.

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

He will be delighted you believe him more integral than AL and Macanthony...

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Abdallah has acted like an absolute **** here in order to maximise transfer revenue for OAFC. Great stuff.

I mean granted its a lot less concerning than most of the other stuff he's done (he has a pretty long charge sheet) But as yet we haven't got the deal over the line, and we have p!ssed off a potential bidder when we didn't need too I'm sure others will be reading his tweets and start second guessing dealing with us.

Plus it will do us no favour's if we have to deal with MacAnthony and Peterborough again in the future.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Plus it will do us no favour's if we have to deal with MacAnthony and Peterborough again in the future.

How many player have we  recently bought or sold to peterborough?

I can only think of Richard Butcher and Guy Branston going to them from us about 15 years ago.

People are acting like we’ve scammed them out of the £600k. Some of these tweets grovelling and apologising to that robbing charlatan are nothing short of embarrassing, get a grip FFS. 

Abdallah is a bad chairman, but not because of this kind of thing. It’s in no way comparible to ripping off local businesses and his treatment of hardworking staff. It’s a bit of a dick move if anything, nothing more.

I’m sure DMac and Peterborough United  will recover from this.

57 minutes ago, Matt60 said:

How many player have we  recently bought or sold to peterborough?

I can only think of Richard Butcher and Guy Branston going to them from us about 15 years ago.

Weslowski came from there.

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

A deal isn’t a deal until it’s a signed contract.

Basic stuff this fellas. 

Gentleman's agreements don't seem to apply in football, particularly where you have characters like AL and DM involved. Cone on... this Darragh is no angel is he.... FAR from it. 

DM is saying in 12 years he has never known it. I'd say AL needs some guidance on to do things properly from Barry, maybe Barry Jnr as well. 

Archived