Transfer Rumours

11 minutes ago, Clifford said:

DM is saying in 12 years he has never known it. I'd say AL needs some guidance on to do things properly from Barry, maybe Barry Jnr as well. 

All's fair in love and capitalism. Apparently.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Because in this instance, I don't think AL is in the wrong.

Just because MacAnthony has pushed his version out on Twitter doesn't make it any more believable because of what has gone on before with AL considering he stated he wasn't in the market less than a week before.

Was he telling porkies in the first instance and if so, why believe him now? 

Perhaps he said he wasn’t in the market in order to keep the deal low key....normal porkies which happen all the time during transfer negotiations.

He has simply pushed his version out on twitter to inform the Posh fan base as to where they’re at and what’s gone on.

If the player pulls out that’s different but in this case IMO AL is in the wrong here 100%!

25 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Maybe he's never had someone threaten him with legal action if he told anyone how we dealt. 

He certainly has. One of his own players, who got suspended for 4 months and a years salary fine. (A cool £1.3m) The other team got 2 windows no transfers.

Imagine the shock delaing with £1m a year players then coming to Oldham.

https://jurisprudence.tas-cas.org/Shared Documents/3411.pdf

16 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Perhaps he said he wasn’t in the market in order to keep the deal low key....normal porkies which happen all the time during transfer negotiations.

He has simply pushed his version out on twitter to inform the Posh fan base as to where they’re at and what’s gone on.

If the player pulls out that’s different but in this case IMO AL is in the wrong here 100%!

But you still don't know the full story here....all you are basing your opinion on is DM's version (who was always going to paint himself as the victim) and AL's past and present lunatic behaviour.

12 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

But you still don't know the full story here....all you are basing your opinion on is DM's version (who was always going to paint himself as the victim) and AL's past and present lunatic behaviour.

Can't be sure whether to trust Mcanthony, can be sure not to trust :clown:

Cut and dried !

15 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

MacAnthony is claiming that the normal practice is that once a fee is agreed it stays agreed and it's down to the player.  Even if you accept a higher bid by another club.  Seemingly that gets backed up by Andy Holt at Accrington.  His beef is that the deal was agreed in writing but further down the line we said that unless they paid more it's off. There's no reason to think he's lying about that.  But granted, unless the emails are put in the public domain we will never know if this is true 100%. 

He may be no saint, but I'm sure he's lost out on dozens of players over the years.  Why suddenly lie about the circumstances of this one? 

As I've said before, it's one in a long list of allegations of shitty business practice.  So it's not a huge leap to think there may be something in it.

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

MacAnthony is claiming that the normal practice is that once a fee is agreed it stays agreed and it's down to the player.  Even if you accept a higher bid by another club.  Seemingly that gets backed up by Andy Holt at Accrington.  His beef is that the deal was agreed in writing but further down the line we said that unless they paid more it's off. There's no reason to think he's lying about that.  But granted, unless the emails are put in the public domain we will never know if this is true 100%. 

He may be no saint, but I'm sure he's lost out on dozens of players over the years.  Why suddenly lie about the circumstances of this one? 

As I've said before, it's one in a long list of allegations of shitty business practice.  So it's not a huge leap to think there may be something in it.

Probably had his tweet locked and loaded

"We gazumped Portsmouth and the mighty Glasgow Rangers to secure the lads signature"

8 minutes ago, archiecat said:

No Michael, but you can't prove that Marco is right.

But I'm not taking as certainty that DM is right.

What happens if the issue is not AL but Edmundson's agent who may or may not be still trying to broker a deal with Rangers? Does that make it AL's fault?

4 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

But I'm not taking as certainty that DM is right.

What happens if the issue is not AL but Edmundson's agent who may or may not be still trying to broker a deal with Rangers? Does that make it AL's fault?

if i was owner of hypothetical united and had a problem with the agent of a player i was trying to sign,then i would take to twitter and moan about the conduct of some  agents.

I wouldn't need to mention SOME CLUBS.

our opinions all differ on this, God only knows how we will end up as our new signings roll in 😂 

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

AL’s s past and present lunatic behaviour Oh I see, so he’s a full time lunatic 🤣

How you can defend this guy of ours is laughable......FFS, wake up and smell the coffee!

FFS....I'm not defending him but I'm also not going to attack him on the pronouncements of a shithouse twitter happy chairman when I don't know the full facts.

Don't ever do jury service. Your attitude would be "He's got history and I don't care about the lack of evidence....GUILTY"  

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

DM is saying in 12 years he has never known it. I'd say AL needs some guidance on to do things properly from Barry, maybe Barry Jnr as well. 

But he’s done far worse to actual members of the public in those 12 years... allegedly of course.

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Our owner is a fucking prick!!!!!

Correct. However, I happen to think his prickishness is defensible on this issue.

If Pompey and Rangers withdraw their offers citing AL’s treatment of Peterborough as the reason for doing so then I promise not to post on these boards ever again... 

8 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Well that enhanced the debate, didn't it!!!

What debate.....I made a statement.

I really don’t want the guy anywhere near our club. It’s been an utter shambles from the minute he walked through the door😡

Archived