Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I’d be ok with that he is probably alright by now and with a point to prove..

Hold your horses Monty !

After a promising first season with the Iron, fans were very critical of Burgess' performances during the 2018/19 campaigns, with the Iron having one of the worst defensive records in the EFL.

38 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Would rather we have time to Stott can’t be any worse and will be an asset if he’s good rather than buggering off. 

We are going to need another 2 CBs. If we sign one who isn't as good as Stott/Hamer/Sefil/lacovitti then they move up the pecking order. 

We were quite fortunate to have 2 centre-backs play 90% of the games last season. 

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I’d be ok with that he is probably alright by now and with a point to prove..

Not for me. Poor here and poor there. Very average league two player, for now that is. We already have some of those.

Would rather that we bring in an experienced centre back to play alongside Stott.  Also he'd be another left sided centre back, with Iacovitti also in the squad I don't think it's a necessity.

Most importantly he'd didn't look convincing alongside Peter Clarke in a Robinson team that was set up to defend, so I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Would rather that we bring in an experienced centre back to play alongside Stott.  Also he'd be another left sided centre back, with Iacovitti also in the squad I don't think it's a necessity.

Most importantly he'd didn't look convincing alongside Peter Clarke in a Robinson team that was set up to defend, so I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

Forgot he was left footed. With Stott and lacovitti both LF yes not interested in Burgess atall look elsewhere.

53 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

His worst performance (for us) was in the Checkatrade, he was fucking dreadful that night alongside Edmondson iirc, strangely Edmondson was shipped out on loan after that game whilst Burgess continued to be absolute dog shit for us.

38 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

His worst performance (for us) was in the Checkatrade, he was fucking dreadful that night alongside Edmondson iirc, strangely Edmondson was shipped out on loan after that game whilst Burgess continued to be absolute dog shit for us.

That's exactly as I remember him, all about opinions though, good and bad!

17 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Burgess is so left footed it is farcical, surely a pre-requisite of any footballer is the ability to be able to use both feet adeptly, this seems to have passed Burgess by.

Most footballers can't.

33 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Burgess is so left footed it is farcical, surely a pre-requisite of any footballer is the ability to be able to use both feet adeptly, this seems to have passed Burgess by.

The vast majority of Footballers are farcically one footed.

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If this new keeper sticks on his line as reported you might need someone like Burgess to clear crosses.

BP I know you are a fan of burgess having suggested him but come of it he was terrible for us. 

51 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Id rather just not sign him because he wasn't that good a defender.

We need 2 CBs who are both going to be first choice. Stott looked ropey when he came back into the team he doesn't look like he's developed enough unlike Edmondson who when he went away was still wet behind the ears and came back a far better player.

We are a good 5-6 quality signings from a good starting 11 and I'd say we need another 3-4 ontop of that who can strengthen the bench. Assuming ofcourse the aim is to go up within the next 3 seasons.

Archived