Bunn Officially confirmed

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Considered 5th choice by Richie Wellens, who lost the plot.  Reckon Benteke should be given a go - he had his goal-scoring boots on pre-season.

But I agree, we won't bring in any manager who could do much better than Bunn.  Who would want to work under the constraints the position has imposed on it?

Loads. Any Football League job is an attractive job.

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Loads. Any Football League job is an attractive job.

You think?

Certainly wouldn't get any one with experience. Even someone without experience might think twice, given the reputation as a madhouse we're gaining and the fact they're more than likely going to fail..

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

You mean sack Bunn,? 2 games in, that must be a record, even for this board, 

...........FFS!!!

I think that saying it six times was quite a measured response to the most ridiculous post in the history of OWTB. 

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

You think?

Certainly wouldn't get any one with experience. Even someone without experience might think twice, given the reputation as a madhouse we're gaining and the fact they're more than likely going to fail..

I don't believe that we couldn't have gone and picked one up from the National League or someone like a Jim Bentley.

54 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’m staggered by some of the reactionary garbage I’m reaching on here already.  It’s off the scale hysteria. Absolute babies. 

Abdallah is already evil and Bunn is a gutless inept yes man with no balls.  You should be ashamed, but you won’t be because you are entitled children. 

Ashamed????  Of what- having an opinion? 

Entitled children?- What are you talking about?

The only thing that staggers me, is when people post highly emotive meaningless comments about people they don’t know. 

Can you mot debate the point, without slagging off people who disagree with? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I don't believe that we couldn't have gone and picked one up from the National League or someone like a Jim Bentley.

Would have had to pay compensation, surely? Who's to say he'd want to come, given our reputation?

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

You think?

Of course you'd get experienced managers at our level.....it's one of the golden 92 jobs. Corney stated on more than one occasion that within hours of sacking a manager, he would have over 70 CVs emailed through to him. Biggest problems are salary required or those who gone around the block several times at lower league level without sniffing a playoff spot. Note the likes of Martin Allen, who never seems to be out of work long. 

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

Of course you'd get experienced managers at our level.....it's one of the golden 92 jobs. Corney stated on more than one occasion that within hours of sacking a manager, he would have over 70 CVs emailed through to him. Biggest problems are salary required or those who gone around the block several times at lower league level without sniffing a playoff spot. Note the likes of Martin Allen, who never seems to be out of work long. 

Corney also said that the Sports Direct deal would have us with a top League 1 budget then 3 years later (despite the interview still being on YouTube) denied ever saying as such.

If Corney told me grass was green I’d go outside to check 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Ashamed????  Of what- having an opinion? 

Entitled children?- What are you talking about?

The only thing that staggers me, is when people post highly emotive meaningless comments about people they don’t know. 

Can you mot debate the point, without slagging off people who disagree with? 

He's incapable of debating without insulting people. You're stupid if you don't agree with him. Just accept it and move on - I have.

4 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

The "70 CVs" figure always makes me laugh. I could stick a CV in with my enviable record on Championship Manager - would that count as one of the 70??

And for the reasons you've listed, we wouldn't get anyone better..

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Been watching some National league games and my impression is Saturday's side would struggle in that league. 

How has it come to this?

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

The "70 CVs" figure always makes me laugh. I could stick a CV in with my enviable record on Championship Manager - would that count as one of the 70??

And for the reasons you've listed, we wouldn't get anyone better..

I have a save on FM16 where I have Latics a comfortable mid table Premier League side - Timmy Dieng holding his own

An ageing Nani having my pants pulled down over a huge contract and always being injured made me think twice about applying for real but I’m sure I saw in the news a Northampton fan applied for a managers job using his full FM CV as evidence he was capable ?

Edited by Buckshawlatic

3 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I have a save on FM16 where I have a Latics a comfortable mid table Premier League side - Timmy Dieng holding his own

An ageing Nani having my pants pulled down over a huge contract and always being injured made me think twice about applying for real but I’m sure I saw in the news a Northampton fan applied for a managers job using his full FM CV as evidence he was capable ?

A Football Manager CV would be more impressive than mine. Couldn't get into anything after CM 01/02. It became too much like hard work..

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Been watching some National league games and my impression is Saturday's side would struggle in that league. 

How has it come to this?

The wage bill has been slashed massively. I appreciate that the club has lost some income due to solidarity payments and will have to account for smaller crowds in a lower division but the scale has been staggering. The wage savings have paid for the losses in income tenfold. Has Abdallah's money already ran out? If he only had limited funds why rinse it all in your first few months in charge? None of it makes any sense. We're a very weird club aren't we :lol:

Edited by Ryan

3 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I have a save on FM16 where I have Latics a comfortable mid table Premier League side - Timmy Dieng holding his own

Somebody got a job once based on FM, think maybe thailand or sumat like that.

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We didn't even appear to try on this occasion.

Because of the compensation issue more than anything else, I would guess. 

And what if, in his first two games, he loses at home and gets a scabby point away, while showing similar demeanour to Bunn? Do we demand his resignation?

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Because of the compensation issue more than anything else, I would guess. 

And what if, in his first two games, he loses at home and gets a scabby point away, while showing similar demeanour to Bunn? Do we demand his resignation?

I'm not necessarily demanding his resignation, just been very underwhelmed by him so far and not convinced he has the tools to make a go of it.

If we haven't got 50k to pick up a manager from somewhere and the only signings we can make are crocks and kids then we really are up shit creek.

I think FB will walk before he’s fired.  Fans need to give their head a wobble if they think FB & AR can do any better with the budget given them.  

Do you honestly think they’d have signed O’Grady, Miller and Coke if we could afford not to?  Fuck the scraping bottom of the barrel; we’re through the bottom and sifting the condemned dregs.

Forget due diligence and unexpected debts; to turn 180 degrees on the funding pledge from last season suggests AL doesn’t have the funds and spunked any wealth last season expecting us to avoid relegation.  Significant investment was apparently on the horizon but I think AL has realised very quickly football club ownership isn’t easy and probably regrets buying us.  He’s stopped that investment , sold off what he could to recoup and fucking off the high earners to limit his exposure any further before he can flog us off.  Wouldn’t surprise me he’s pimping us around at a rock bottom price hence trying to minimise running costs to secure a sale.

• Like 2