Bunn Officially confirmed

4 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

“You coach the players that I bring in for you”

I'd be ok to see how that went. 

I was hoping AL would take us in all kinds of new directions considering everything that hasn't worked these last 20 years. 

Disappointing that he's gone for a usual suspect with a familiar profile as his first manager. 

I'll be right behind him of course but I can't see this not being an absolute disaster. 

Having him as coach or assistant for a less mild mannered organiser could have been great but, sadly, he doesn't strike me as a manager.

And he hasn't struck anyone else as such in his 55 years...  

Im reserving my fans democratic right to be slightly underwelmed by this. However I will wish him all the best and as a loyal fan do my fans responsibility and get behind him. Im not going to turn on him if it goes wrong he is a legend as a player regardless what happens in this role IMO.

I hope he is able to bring in his own players and staff that way he will have a fighting chance of succeeding.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Devil's advocate but Abdallah may well have said you get the job as long as you settle for the influx of overseas players!

He might bring in a couple, but hopefully not an influx like last time.

Can anyone really see anything in him which makes you feel like he can keep a lid on any of the gobshites we currently have on the books, we needed a man manager or at least someone with sufficient standing in the game who would instantly gain the respect of the dressing room, sadly I think he is on a hiding to nothing given the character of the players he's inherited, loved to be proved wrong though.

The only sense I can make of it, is that he's probably the cheapest appointment Abdallah could find that the fans wouldn't immediately turn against... Other than that is a completely baffling appointment IMO.

If he hadn't played a few games for us, there'd be a fucking riot. 

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Let’s revisit this thread in a few months time.

My view? Let’s give him our support.

If he ain’t up to it we’ll soon know ?

Im sure most like myself will happily devour a large portion of humble pie if he becomes a success.

I hope Im proved wrong spectacularly.

Infact I hope he Claudio Ranieri's the fuck out of this season and we go up as champions

Edited by GlossopLatic

Going to buck the trend a little here. Almost to a "man" posters have been saying they're underwhelmed with this appointment and wanted everyone from Scholes to Pep as our boss "but will get behind Frankie".

I like Bunn as a person (although I've never met him); he's an experienced coach at league level; experienced manager (albeit not at league level); has an affinity with the club (which could be an important link between the supporters and Abdallah's new regime); and is apparently well respected in the game. 

As for not being able to gain the respect of some of the self-centered little pricks who engineered our demise last season then all well and good. If they'd shown half the courage and determination Bunnie showed playing when half-fit and injured during our golden period we'd be playing Sunderland this season not Forest Green Rovers.

I for one will back Frankie Bunn as our manager without condition and hope it results in an enjoyable season, which is long overdue.  

Edited by Bobledgersheart
grammar
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

The only sense I can make of it, is that he's probably the cheapest appointment Abdallah could find that the fans wouldn't immediately turn against... Other than that is a completely baffling appointment IMO.

If he hadn't played a few games for us, there'd be a fucking riot. 

Some on here would have dismissed Paul Warne out if hand a couple of years ago and he's turned out ok.

Give Frankie a chance.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Some on here would have dismissed Paul Warne out if hand a couple of years ago and he's turned out ok.

Give Frankie a chance.

I really hope he goes the same way BP. 

I guess I'm more disappointed as it's the type of cheap appointment I'd have expected under Corney and I thought AL might have at least taken us in different, more "exciting" direction.