Bunn Officially confirmed

Bunn’s comments, though well intentioned, are ill-judged. I, like many others, can see that lack of finance, injuries and poor players have contributed to two indifferent performances so far this season. However I can also see that the tactics and approach do come across as negative (one up front, all back for corners, players unwilling to shoot etc.).

As fans we will comment on what we see and the frustration will surface. Bunn needs to acknowledge why there is that frustration as well as asking for patience. That frustration is not helped when one of our better players is not being picked and no explanation is forthcoming. This is further compounded when three of his recent journeyman signings look like poor players.

Two games in means that there is plenty of time to turn it around. Stay positive? Certainly. But there are worrying signs that need to be addressed - it’s a steep learning curve and it will take time to get it right.

FB doesn’t need me to tell him that he has to deliver on his promises and show progress. That will buy him the time he needs.

Edited by TheBigDog

15 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Fairly certain you just want people to never complain about the club no matter how justified it is. You and a few others are incredibly deluded. The clubs in trouble yet you fail to see this or choose to ignore it. You and the other happy clappers then come on here and then bemoan me and others who dare criticise a performance most of if not all fans who travelled to Forest Green would say was horrific. Or also to criticise an owner who has seemingly cut the wage bill to nothing only for it not to be re-invested, along with a manager as inspiring as Theresa may on her campaign trail.

Get the rose tinted specs off and open your eyes and stop pretending everything is ok. This isn’t aimed at just you, also at the other happy clappers who refuse to accept the situation we’re in is real and then seem to pin it on the ‘negative’ fans.

This being a forum, everybody is, and should be, entitled to voice their opinion. In the end, it doesn't really matter to the club, as it's situation can only and will only be resolved from within, no matter what the fans feel or say...unless it reaches the point were fan-power protests result. 'Happy Clappers' is such a derogatory way of calling some people simple minded and ignorant, rather than just being laid back and optimistic.

You say..."the situation we’re in is real"...well, I am not in a "situation"...the club appears to be but to be honest, the club does not actually affect my life and well being, apart from a flutter of excitement or disappointment on a Saturday afternoon and the occasional Tuesday evening. I support the team and I like watching them play because BP has been a second home to me, at times and has some good memories but it is a small part of my life and all this angst-driven outpouring can get to be a tad too much. 

I enjoy the banter and interaction on the forum and understand that opinions will sometimes clash.
We just need to be above taking it personally and making it personal.

20 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Fairly certain you just want people to never complain about the club no matter how justified it is. You and a few others are incredibly deluded. The clubs in trouble yet you fail to see this or choose to ignore it. You and the other happy clappers then come on here and then bemoan me and others who dare criticise a performance most of if not all fans who travelled to Forest Green would say was horrific. Or also to criticise an owner who has seemingly cut the wage bill to nothing only for it not to be re-invested, along with a manager as inspiring as Theresa may on her campaign trail.

Get the rose tinted specs off and open your eyes and stop pretending everything is ok. This isn’t aimed at just you, also at the other happy clappers who refuse to accept the situation we’re in is real and then seem to pin it on the ‘negative’ fans.

I have long thought that you regularly talk rot and that post confirms it. McFluff has replied to your post far more eloquently than I could, but for the record I have no problem with fair and reasonable criticism of the club (your comments rarely fall into either category), and I am not deluded, never mind "incredibly deluded". Nor am I a "happy clapper".

We are where we are through no fault of FB's. Instead of your relentless daily outpouring of negative criticism, which is tedious in the extreme, try getting behind the team for a change. On your current form, never mind naming the North Stand after Big Joe, we should campaign for a Kusunga Toilet Block!!

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Failing to see any style of play develop from this side... Just looks like he chucks them out there and hopes for the best. 

Got to agree, no cohesion or any semblance of a plan, round pegs square holes and persisting with a one in forty striker in O'Grady as our main attacking option is depressing, if he can't see it I'm getting concerned and the lack of activity with regards bringing players in who we desperately need is also a worry, do we want to go up this season or is survival the aim?

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Got to agree, no cohesion or any semblance of a plan, round pegs square holes and persisting with a one in forty striker in O'Grady as our main attacking option is depressing, if he can't see it I'm getting concerned and the lack of activity with regards bringing players in who we desperately need is also a worry, do we want to go up this season or is survival the aim?

We can’t bring another striker in tho we have 5. He should never have signed ogrady 

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

We can’t bring another striker in tho we have 5. He should never have signed ogrady 

It’s more a case of style of play for me. Long ball to o Grady seems the only plan. It’s clear we need Baxter and Byrne in the team and a new winger.

I know Byrne won’t play again so Baxter, a new winger with surridge and Lang up top might have to do.

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Sad Bastards.

Yes let's go to Yeovil one of the favourites for relegation and pat ourselves on the back for the point we've won :applause1:

We played at Huish Park not Ewood Park.

If the plan is to go to grounds like that and pinch a point the plans all wrong.

Edited by yarddog73

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes let's go to Yeovil one of the favourites for relegation and pat ourselves on the back for the point we've won :applause1:

We played at Huish Park not Ewood Park.

If the plan is to go to grounds like that and pinch a point the plans all wrong.

Pinch a point? Bar the first 10 minutes when they were on top that was a very even contest, we had a good spell in the 2nd half too. 

The match stats reinforce this, in fact as Gardner’s effort that hit the post, closest either side came to scoring, won’t count as a shot on target, you might say we were the better side, especially as we ended up with 51% possession.

43 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Pinch a point? Bar the first 10 minutes when they were on top that was a very even contest, we had a good spell in the 2nd half too. 

The match stats reinforce this, in fact as Gardner’s effort that hit the post, closest either side came to scoring, won’t count as a shot on target

To pinch a point you dont have to have been battered. I think that the terminology is correct when you set up to bore people to death and come away with a 0-0!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The match stats reinforce this, in fact as Gardner’s effort that hit the post, closest either side came to scoring, won’t count as a shot on target, you might say we were the better side, especially as we ended up with 51% possession.

Corners: Home 4 - Away 3

Fouls: Home 13 - Away 14

We lost on corners but won on fouls committed ...?

3 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

3 downboated on this but no replies as to why? What are people seeing that i’m not..

They see your name my friend and instantly want to red arrow you without even reading the content of your post.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, archiecat said:

They see your name my friend and instantly want to red arrow you without even reading the content of your post.

.....wonder why ? It's because until the last week or so your posts were invariably negative and people respond like for like. We're Latics fans we watch them play; can see all the negative points for ourself; take the shit off Premiership "fans" who wouldn't know how to get to "there" own ground; have seen our club fall from the premier division and our crowds fall and our club back to where they were when I started supporting it - we don't need one of our own adding to it !!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Failing to see any style of play develop from this side... Just looks like he chucks them out there and hopes for the best

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

3 downboated on this but no replies as to why? What are people seeing that i’m not..

You may recall a response I posted in which I suggested that ‘it’s not what you say, it’s often the way you say it’. 

This time though, it’s actually what you say (highlighted in bold above) that earned you my pointy red arrow... 

you’re welcome ? 

5 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I don't get you. You are a student, yes?  So unless you are a very mature student you have never seen us be any good at all. So how come the monumental downer?  Yes, we're at a low ebb and we are worse than we have been in your lifetime but it's only a bit worse in the great scheme of things. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

I don't get you. You are a student, yes?  So unless you are a very mature student you have never seen us be any good at all. So how come the monumental downer?  Yes, we're at a low ebb and we are worse than we have been in your lifetime but it's only a bit worse in the great scheme of things. 

Is this a polite way of saying I shouldn't expect us to achieve anything? I was only 7-8 but the 06/07 was my first real taste of football and going home and away with my dad. Now that was a team. 

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Is this a polite way of saying I shouldn't expect us to achieve anything? I was only 7-8 but the 06/07 was my first real taste of football and going home and away with my dad. Now that was a team. 

No. It's just puzzlement as to why you are so negative. Those of us who saw the good times count ourselves as very lucky but are also well aware of the difference between then and now. It's an absolute chasm, you have seen us step down a bit. 

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

You may recall a response I posted in which I suggested that ‘it’s not what you say, it’s often the way you say it’. 

This time though, it’s actually what you say (highlighted in bold above) that earned you my pointy red arrow... 

you’re welcome ? 

Think u said the same to me last year

Just now, Dave_Og said:

No. It's just puzzlement as to why you are so negative. Those of us who saw the good times count ourselves as very lucky but are also well aware of the difference between then and now. It's an absolute chasm, you have seen us step down a bit. 

Our club has been run into the ground after years of indecency, lies and laziness. We've seen our crowd size split in half over the last 10-12 years, we've let our best players go for buttons and replaced them with absolute chancers We had an absolute charlatan of a Chairman who's lies are only just beginning to surface and still some see him as a hero and the fella who's replaced him hasn't covered himself in glory either but the jury's out for him still.

I honestly can't remember a time where we had any decent free flowing football and results that made us believe we are going somewhere apart from Dickov's first half of the season and when LJ left. Apart from that we've seen the likes of David Dunn, the dazzle master and Dean Holden oversee our painful demise. 

So when we turn up to Yeovil with no apparent game plan apart from trying to get a 0-0 draw and being outplayed by Forest Green in a division we haven't been apart of for over 40 years I'm going to be annoyed.