Bunn Officially confirmed

Steadied the ship when the club had been in turmoil due to our wanker of an owner. We’re 9 points above the drop zone.

This group of players is shit. Been saying it since pre-season and got dog’s abuse. The calibre of manager needed to turn our awful squad into promotion contenders would never entertain working at a club with a circus behind the scenes.

Bunn in.

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I think that'll do now...

Not worked out.

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Bunn can stay for me.

I really wish that it would work out for Bunn, but I don't see any way back for him I'm afraid.

What I'm even more afraid of is who we're going to get in as our new manager.  Bowyer or similar would be ideal but let's be honest, it'll be someone we've barely heard of in their first job at this level.

Bunn is up against it with this squad of rubbish but that said, he doesn't half make the job harder than it already is.

I don't care what the rest of the season brings now, we ain't going up and we may even struggle to improve on the current 17th place.

What an absolute fucking shambles from the :clown: down.   

As boring as the football is under Bunn I don’t believe we are in any real danger of going down (9 points off the drop zone is a huge gap). If we do sack him and Abdallah gets the next appointment wrong then non-league football is a very realistic possibility.

For me, the risks of sacking Bunn outweigh any potential rewards because this season is already a write-off imo - our squad is shite and no manager will be able to gloss over that. We need to get safety confirmed before changing the manager, similar situation to WBA and Pulis last season.

Just now, Ryan said:

As boring as the football is under Bunn I don’t believe we are in any real danger of going down (9 points off the drop zone is a huge gap). If we do sack him and Abdallah gets the next appointment wrong then non-league football is a very realistic possibility.

For me, the risks of sacking Bunn outweigh any potential rewards because this season is already a write-off imo - our squad is shite and no manager will be able to gloss over that. We need to get safety confirmed before changing the manager, similar situation to WBA and Pulis last season.

Couldnt disagree more. 

We can only improve. 

His selections, tactics and substitutions have been awful at times. 

16 minutes ago, Greenfield Latic said:

9 points is not a big gap at all!!

Lose 3 on the bounce and the teams below us win, then we are in the shit (well more than we already are!)

We haven’t yet lost 3 on the bounce.

Teams in the bottom 2 never ever win 3 on the bounce.

Dramatic.

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Dramatic.

We’ve lost 4 in 5, do that in the next 5 and the gap won’t be 9 points.

1 minute ago, daniel said:

We’ve lost 4 in 5, do that in the next 5 and the gap won’t be 9 points.

Or win our game in hand and it will become 12 points.

Genuinley believe the gap is too big now and even a huge shake-up would not allow us to recover the necessary points to get into the top 7. Our squad is of poor quality, littered with crocks and the strength in depth is non-existent. A top manager at this level would struggle to change our fortunes around at present imo and we won’t be able to attract one of them in our current predicament.

Why gamble with our EFL status when Frank has steadied the ship? 

14 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Dramatic.

8 weeks ago we lost against Newport at home, a win would of seen us go 2nd which just proves that things can change very quickly. 

14 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Or win our game in hand and it will become 12 points.

Genuinley believe the gap is too big now and even a huge shake-up would not allow us to recover the necessary points to get into the top 7. Our squad is of poor quality, littered with crocks and the strength in depth is non-existent. A top manager at this level would struggle to change our fortunes around at present imo and we won’t be able to attract one of them in our current predicament.

Why gamble with our EFL status when Frank has steadied the ship? 

Steadied the ship? 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Steadied the ship? 

Our wage budget is probably lower bottom-half, considering what he’s had to contend with behind the scenes, I think Frank has done an excellent job this season to keep us so many points clear of the drop zone. 

Edited by Ryan

Just now, Ryan said:

Our wage budget is probably lower bottom-half this season, considering what he’s had to contend with behind the scenes, I think Frank has done an excellent job this season to keep us so many points clear of the drop zone. 

Our budget is in the bottom 6? I don’t believe that. He’s done a poor job so far.  

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Our wage budget is probably lower bottom-half, considering what he’s had to contend with behind the scenes, I think Frank has done an excellent job this season to keep us so many points clear of the drop zone. 

We are clear of the drop zone because we have played and beaten 5 piss poor sides. The away bubble has burst big time and we are losing ground steadily....Notts Co is now a massive game. Lose that and we could be staring at a potential relegation struggle!

For whatever reason it’s just not good enough?

1 hour ago, Greenfield Latic said:

9 points "is not a big gap at all"!!

IT IS!!!!

Lose 3 on the bounce and the teams below us win, then we are in the shit (well more than we already are!)

Unless of course the teams below us are playing each other, which they are. Or if we have a vastly superior goal difference, which we do. 

Win at Notts County (currently 22nd) and things will look a lot better. That's without factoring that our next league after that is Cambridge who are also below us, at home. 

Win both and we will looking at how many points we are behind the playoffs. 

Having said that lose both of those games then we will be definitely looking over our shoulder rather than ahead. 

That being said it doesn't mean that Frankie Bunn isn't underperforming even if you factor in the off-field stuff. 

Edited by rudemedic

13 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Unless of course the teams below us are playing each other, which they are. Or if we have a vastly superior goal difference, which we do. 

Win at Notts County (currently 22nd) and things will look a lot better. That's without factoring that our next league after that is Cambridge who are also below us, at home. 

Win both and we will looking at how many points we are behind the playoffs. 

Having said that lose both of those games then we will be definitely looking over our shoulder rather than ahead. 

That being said it doesn't mean that Frankie Bunn is underperforming even if you factor in the off-field stuff. 

Sorry.. is or isn’t?