Bunn Officially confirmed

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He is massively out of his depth. He has been stitched up a lot by Lemsagam, and the players absolutely love him, but he doesn't have a clue what he's doing...

Should have walked when Rhodes was given the bullet, i can understand him wanting to make a fist of it but sadly,it will be only a matter of time before he is removed.

I don’t know where I am  regarding frank. He either needs an older experienced assistant  like this week or he needs to go it will be a shame I don’t like one of our former players getting some of the comments  that I’ve read today but the guy is sinking  and he’s taking us down with him 

6 minutes ago, Handsy said:

I don’t know where I am  regarding frank. He either needs an older experienced assistant  like this week or he needs to go it will be a shame I don’t like one of our former players getting some of the comments  that I’ve read today but the guy is sinking  and he’s taking us down with him 

Not sure why a 55yo with years of coaching experience would need an older experienced assistant.

10 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He’s hung him self out to dry...nobody forced him to take the job!

That is such a pathetically easy, keyboard-warrior comment to make.

I don't know whether FB is the right man for the job or not - perhaps not, given results/performances to date. I do know that, for whatever reason, he applied for the job three times before finally getting it. That at least shows a measure of determination and, surely, love for the club (why the hell else would you apply to our club at this time?).

Easy to type venom from a distance and not give a damn what happens to your target. I suspect he will get the chop, but the guy holding what's left of the purse strings will still be there - then what?

Maybe one or two people on here could just reflect that FB was a good player for us, whose career was ended before its time, and who was man enough to take on what must be one of the worst jobs in the FL right now (a golden job, as somebody laughably termed it). Show the guy some backing and respect, for whatever time he has left in the job, please.

• Like 1

For me Bunn has a better side than he is showing. I Think tactically he is very one dimensional and never has a plan b. 

Seems very reluctant to change things with his teams and when he does it’s normally a reaction to the other side scoring. Clueless you could say. 

I’m hoping for the sake of the team someone new comes in. Bowyer for me is ideal. He has Worked with awkward owners before, knows this league and has won promotion from this league. Abit of know how will go along way with this team. 

For me massive question mark has to be put over our sports science / physio department. The amount of injuries this season is scary. For us to be successful this needs to be looked at ASAP. 

Edited by adamoafc

Where did I say he hasn’t a love for the club? He knew the risk when taking the job and sadly for loads of reasons it is clearly not working out.

We need and have needed a proven manager to get this club by the scruff of the neck and drag it out of its decent. It would have been a fairy tale for Bunn to be that man but clearly he is not....

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I don't know whether FB is the right man for the job or not - perhaps not, given results/performances to date. I do know that, for whatever reason, he applied for the job three times before finally getting it. That at least shows a measure of determination and, surely, love for the club (why the hell else would you apply to our club at this time?).

Easy to type venom from a distance and not give a damn what happens to your target. I suspect he will get the chop, but the guy holding what's left of the purse strings will still be there - then what?

Maybe one or two people on here could just reflect that FB was a good player for us, whose career was ended before its time, and who was man enough to take on what must be one of the worst jobs in the FL right now (a golden job, as somebody laughably termed it). Show the guy some backing and respect, for whatever time he has left in the job, please.

I agree that the man deserves respect. 

But I’d question the notion of him or anyone else in the frame for his job as having “a love for the club”. 

I think the only ones who love the club now are the supporters, and it’s a love/hate relationship for many of them. 

Frankie has had a shot at being the gaffer in absurdly difficult circumstances. 

It’s not working with him. I don’t expect it to work with anyone else any time soon. 

I think we’re so banjaxed right now that you can manage us for any length of time without your reputation being damaged - the club has basically lost its reputation. It’s history. 

But back to my original point - I dont think there is love for the club among anyone except the supporters. 

It’s an ugly stepping stone for everyone else. 

11 hours ago, adamoafc said:

For me Bunn has a better side than he is showing. I Think tactically he is very one dimensional and never has a plan b. 

This for me.... Yes, you we were hampered by injuries early in the season (Dummigan, baxter, fane) but i do think the players we have are capable in the main to challange the playoffs. 

The hands in pockets approach just doesn't sit with me and despite all fans not being managers, there are times when we can all see the obvious yet he carries on down his blind alley (his 3-5-2 attempt as an example took too long to change when it wasn't working).

Sticking with one up top and generally negative tactics suit the dross teams ib this league. We dont instill any fear with that style and teams just grow in confidence. 

To put it bluntly, after all his years as a coach, i can see why he hasn't got a manager role previously. Am sure his day to day coaching is fine but his game management is abysmal. I think we could pluck clarke out the side and stick him in charge and we wouldn't perform any worse. 

The time has come for an experienced manager... Problem is not a single one would want to come in under current circumstances. That leaves us with two options... 

Stick with Bunn or gamble and hope we dig out a young diamond with progressive ideas (not bomb alley though!) who sees us improve. 

For me.... Its gamble

11 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Hardly a venomous reply by oafc1955.

I don't get the emotional attachment to a past player who has returned as manager. Does his history buy him more time?

If we had a manager in place who wasn't a past player and reached this point with the same record, nobody  would bat an eyelid about showing him the door.

20 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

This for me.... Yes, you we were hampered by injuries early in the season (Dummigan, baxter, fane) but i do think the players we have are capable in the main to challange the playoffs. 

The hands in pockets approach just doesn't sit with me and despite all fans not being managers, there are times when we can all see the obvious yet he carries on down his blind alley (his 3-5-2 attempt as an example took too long to change when it wasn't working).

Sticking with one up top and generally negative tactics suit the dross teams ib this league. We dont instill any fear with that style and teams just grow in confidence. 

To put it bluntly, after all his years as a coach, i can see why he hasn't got a manager role previously. Am sure his day to day coaching is fine but his game management is abysmal. I think we could pluck clarke out the side and stick him in charge and we wouldn't perform any worse. 

The time has come for an experienced manager... Problem is not a single one would want to come in under current circumstances. That leaves us with two options... 

Stick with Bunn or gamble and hope we dig out a young diamond with progressive ideas (not bomb alley though!) who sees us improve. 

For me.... Its gamble

Not a single unemployed experienced manager? with a list of  only 92 clubs to choose from wouldn’t come. There would be 100s of applicants, even of a high caliber we couldn’t afford.

Edited by latics22

Given Miller's comments on Bunn this week, from other things I've heard and the way the players celebrated the first goal with him yesterday, It looks pretty clear that the players have loads of respect for him.

My main worry if we bin him off is I really wouldn't want to see this lot playing for someone they didn't like.

2 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Given Miller's comments on Bunn this week, from other things I've heard and the way the players celebrated the first goal with him yesterday, It looks pretty clear that the players have loads of respect for him.

My main worry if we bin him off is I really wouldn't want to see this lot playing for someone they didn't like.

That mood would return if we started getting organised and winning...…..which this squad is still capable of.

Pretty certain they would prefer to win under a b*stard manager than losing under matey-boy.

23 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

That mood would return if we started getting organised and winning...…..which this squad is still capable of.

Pretty certain they would prefer to win under a b*stard manager than losing under matey-boy.

No doubt it would, but what happens if results don't start to improve. I know it might not seem like it at the moment, but things can get worse.

To be honest, I'm bored of this constant changing of manager, where everyone is convinced things will improve, adamant they are improving after the first few games, then revert to type and want the new guy gone because 'things can't get any worse'.

If Bunn goes, then since Lee Johnson left we will have had eight managers (including Sheridan twice) and the longest run of league games any of them has had is 37 with Wellens. Look where all that has got us

10 hours ago, Ryan said:

Mock all you like. You’ll witness how bad it gets if/when Abdallah fucks up the next managerial appointment. 

Ha.  It can’t get much worse. The form over the last 8 is relegation form. 1 win and 4 defeats in 8.  If this continues he’s taking us down. 

He needs to improve rapidly.  We have to get at least 4 points from the next two and win the cup game... or he has to go.