Bunn Officially confirmed

22 hours ago, latics22 said:

How do I find this ibby chap? I remember him from the chron, but never saw him on here

He went under the alias of Roylearmy on here I think he drove Ackey round the bend somewhat so he had to go, was about 5 years ago we finally got rid of him for good. 

I always thought he was a clever invention by someone with too much time on their hands but apparently hes a real person.

Edited by GlossopLatic

In fairness, the kid has learning difficulties and used to appear on various clubs' message boards, purporting to be one of their supporters. I think Middlesbrough and Southampton were a couple of them.

There was never any malice from him, but he drove everyone crackers. I think he was eventually banned from Chapel Road. By Paul Dickov I think.

2 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

In fairness, the kid has learning difficulties and used to appear on various clubs' message boards, purporting to be one of their supporters. I think Middlesbrough and Southampton were a couple of them.

There was never any malice from him, but he drove everyone crackers. I think he was eventually banned from Chapel Road. By Paul Dickov I think.

There was malice in some of his actions, especially towards the people running this board at the time. He’s also been very malicious towards Juel the photographer. 

Im sure he’s actually a real life Keyser Söze. 

2 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

He might have learning difficulties, but if he does, he’s of normal intelligence, and his weird personas are not a symptom of that. He certainly doesn’t have a learning disability. It’s my field and he just doesn’t. 

17 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

There was malice in some of his actions, especially towards the people running this board at the time. He’s also been very malicious towards Juel the photographer. 

Im sure he’s actually a real life Keyser Söze. 

Ah, sorry jorvik, I hadn't realised he'd caused such problems.

16 hours ago, maddog said:

He might have learning difficulties, but if he does, he’s of normal intelligence, and his weird personas are not a symptom of that. He certainly doesn’t have a learning disability. It’s my field and he just doesn’t. 

Again, sorry if I misjudged. I always understood he had such difficulties.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Ibby says he's gone. 

I almost forgot about Ibby [Roylearmy]...the riddle, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a mystery...wrapped in his own version of reality, by all outward signs.
As troublesome as he was, he made for some lively threads.

38 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Gets another stay of execution but confidence in his ability is ebbing away. 

And we battered them (64% possession), conceded a shocking penalty, not given a certain penalty and got a bad injury to one of our better players-Oh and we WON.

But keep banging that negative drum-forgot to add your boy O'Grady got a great assist tonight.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

There are definate disappointed Latics ‘fans’ tonite. Pathetic.

Wouldn't say disappointed but I'm not going to get too giddy about scoring 88th and 95th minute goals to scrape past a team full of plumbers, school teachers and students who are managed by a black cab driver, they train once a week and haven't won in five so to scrape through is a relief but no reason to cheer. 

It papers over the cracks, it's still a mess and Bunn was minutes away from losing his job so it's difficult to see any positives other than being in the draw for the next round.

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He picked what most thought was his best available team, what more could he have done? 

Granted that he cannot do too much if players are playing poorly out on the pitch (other than replace three with subs) but...

He could have played with more than one up front.

He could leave a player or two up the pitch at opposition corner/free-kicks.

He could play players in the position that suits them best.

He could get them playing at a faster tempo.

He could get them crossing and shooting earlier when on the attack.

He could work with them to retain the ball better.

He could work with them more on the basics - passing, shooting.

We played well for parts of the game last night but were also second best at times against ‘inferior’ opposition. It was a rollercoaster ride of emotions. But the team never gave up and finally got over the line. Relief.

Edited by TheBigDog