OWTB Forums

30 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Gets another stay of execution but confidence in his ability is ebbing away. 

He picked what most thought was his best available team, what more could he have done? 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Gets another stay of execution but confidence in his ability is ebbing away. 

And we battered them (64% possession), conceded a shocking penalty, not given a certain penalty and got a bad injury to one of our better players-Oh and we WON.

But keep banging that negative drum-forgot to add your boy O'Grady got a great assist tonight.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

There are definate disappointed Latics ‘fans’ tonite. Pathetic.

Wouldn't say disappointed but I'm not going to get too giddy about scoring 88th and 95th minute goals to scrape past a team full of plumbers, school teachers and students who are managed by a black cab driver, they train once a week and haven't won in five so to scrape through is a relief but no reason to cheer. 

It papers over the cracks, it's still a mess and Bunn was minutes away from losing his job so it's difficult to see any positives other than being in the draw for the next round.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He picked what most thought was his best available team, what more could he have done? 

Granted that he cannot do too much if players are playing poorly out on the pitch (other than replace three with subs) but...

He could have played with more than one up front.

He could leave a player or two up the pitch at opposition corner/free-kicks.

He could play players in the position that suits them best.

He could get them playing at a faster tempo.

He could get them crossing and shooting earlier when on the attack.

He could work with them to retain the ball better.

He could work with them more on the basics - passing, shooting.

We played well for parts of the game last night but were also second best at times against ‘inferior’ opposition. It was a rollercoaster ride of emotions. But the team never gave up and finally got over the line. Relief.

Edited by TheBigDog

He was probably 5 mins from the sack last night but he can only play who he has available. The way the players celebrated the goal with him tells a story.

I think we should stick with him until at least January, give him the transfer window and see what it brings.

I really can’t see the point in sacking him at this stage.

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He was probably 5 mins from the sack last night but he can only play who he has available. The way the players celebrated the goal with him tells a story.

I think we should stick with him until at least January, give him the transfer window and see what it brings.

I really can’t see the point in sacking him at this stage.

If AL knows who he wants to replace him then Bunn will get slightly longer. If AL needs to recruit someone then I think Bunn will need to perform (slightly) better in the league and beat Maidstone to stay in the job. 

This is because any new manager will need a bit of time to assess the needs for new players and which ones can be used as make weights for January wheeling and dealing. 

I could see him still sacking him today! Bit of cash coming in, he could have been waiting till after last night. Maybe didn’t want to rock the boast with this game coming up. Who knows he’s nothing if not erratic in decision making 

I think he's finally worked out what our best team is, but why has it taken him so long (if it is, of course, him who has been picking the team..)?

Is it also a bit strange that he never seems to know anything about the opposition?

He's said from day one, he doesn't know what to expect from the division.  In the interview Iversen gave before the Port Vale game, Iversen admitted no one had a clue what to expect from Vale and last night Frankie was asked in an interview before the game if he'd done his research on Hampton and Richmond, looked a bit perplexed and mumbled something about watching videos on social media!

16 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I could see him still sacking him today! Bit of cash coming in, he could have been waiting till after last night. Maybe didn’t want to rock the boast with this game coming up. Who knows he’s nothing if not erratic in decision making 

AL was back in the country (again) to watch last night - TV showed him sat next to his brother.

Think Broady's missed out there by not getting a sponsor for Mohammed's flat cap!

Frankie IN

He's not the best but team spirit wins league titles. 

He has the squad quad behind him, that's a massive compliment.

Give him a chance. I'm usually in the out brigade. 

Still think he'll have us top 10 this season, hopefully it's top 7.