Bunn Officially confirmed

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

He was 28. Whilst IIRC he did his cruciates (his knee for the #JargonLads) an injury that doesn’t necessarily result in retirement these days, it wasn’t unusual for it to do so then. They can also happen on grass.

I’m not sure if the evidence indicated that such injuries were more common on artificial pitches than on grass. I’d imagine with the new 3/4 G pitches that any evidence is even less significant.

Wrong listen to Bunns interview Maidstone Part 2 on Ifollow. He actually states he had to retire age 26. I think he knows the age he retired better than you.

Edited by Smiler13

14 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Wrong listen to Bunns interview Maidstone Part 2 on Ifollow. He actually states he had to retire age 26. I think he knows the age he retired better than you.

Well Wiki is wrong on his age then as according to it, he was 27 when he played in the League Cup final. 

Just now, rudemedic said:

Well Wiki is wrong on his age then as according to it, he was 27 when he played in the League Cup final. 

Listen to the interview on ifollow and you will see I am right and I don’t make things up. Wiki is wrong in a lot of things it publishes. 

6 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Listen to the interview on ifollow and you will see I am right and I don’t make things up. Wiki is wrong in a lot of things it publishes. 

Oh I believe you. I'm also often sceptical of Wiki, although that's the sort of information it gets right. 

Perhaps Frankie Bunn has misremembered. It's easily done. 

1 minute ago, rudemedic said:

Oh I believe you. I'm also often sceptical of Wiki, although that's the sort of information it gets right. 

Perhaps Frankie Bunn has misremembered. It's easily done. 

I don’t think he’s suffering from dementia just yet. 

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

So he scored his six goals against Scarborough a couple of weeks before his 27th birthday, was that his last game then?

He made the comment on the clubs ifollow video recording that he retired at age 26 so I think this question is better directed at him than me.

19 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I think Champions League games are also played on them, which begs the question why can't they be reintroduced over here.

Most normal people hate it and has been responsible for at leat two serious injuries in the SPL this season.

Probably cause cancer.

Should be enough evidence for the FA to start rolling them out soon.

14 hours ago, rudemedic said:

He was 28. Whilst IIRC he did his cruciates (his knee for the #JargonLads) an injury that doesn’t necessarily result in retirement these days, it wasn’t unusual for it to do so then. They can also happen on grass.

I’m not sure if the evidence indicated that such injuries were more common on artificial pitches than on grass. I’d imagine with the new 3/4 G pitches that any evidence is even less significant.

New 4G pitches aggrivate old injuries due to the extra bounce they have.

16 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

He doesn’t like plastic because it caused him to retire at age 26. Plastic caused his serious injury. Therefore he is justified in hating plastic. 

I thought he had to retire because some Leeds thug went through the back of him at elland road. Possibly Mark Aizlewood.

Edited by astottie

22 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I think Champions League games are also played on them, which begs the question why can't they be reintroduced over here.

I was watching Football Focus and one of the Maidstone owners reckons they wouldn't be in existence without the plastic pitch. They make £500,000 a year from it.

4 hours ago, al_bro said:

I was watching Football Focus and one of the Maidstone owners reckons they wouldn't be in existence without the plastic pitch. They make £500,000 a year from it.

iirc that was the figure we were making from ours in 1990 

It’s nearly half 2. 

Tempted to go all shuck on Bunn. .❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

But I won’t. 😉

What I will say is, that was a big, big, win today. For him and the club. A few mentioned the upturn since Rhodes left- maybe’s it’s just coincidence. Maybe AL saw something he didn’t like- Who knows. The up shot is we’re 6 unbeaten, on a nice little run, with a bit more positive football. Who knows where it might take us. . 

Probably 12th. 🙄

Night. 

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

It’s nearly half 2. 

Tempted to go all shuck on Bunn. .❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

But I won’t. 😉

What I will say is, that was a big, big, win today. For him and the club. A few mentioned the upturn since Rhodes left- maybe’s it’s just coincidence. Maybe AL saw something he didn’t like- Who knows. The up shot is we’re 6 unbeaten, on a nice little run, with a bit more positive football. Who knows where it might take us. . 

Probably 12th. 🙄

Night. 

Agreed and I'm happy for him.

The 6 game run that we're on isn't spectacular (1 league win, 3 draws and 2 non-league wins) but they have been decent and mostly professional performances which do look like providing a foundation to build on, rather than games like Mansfield earlier in the season where we were clinging on and lucky to get a point.  Very much in keeping with the "slowly slowly" of AL (if he stands by it).

On paper the decision on Rhodes seemed to be ridiculous and to be honest it still might be, but if this is a results business then AL could argue that he's made a brave call at an important financial stage of the season and it's paid off.

Call me negative/unambitious but my overriding hope for the club this season is that the bottom doesn't fall out and that we stop the rot on the pitch and off it so that we can build again in the coming seasons.  This is exactly the run we needed to allay those fears and I feel the way the team is currently set up it isn't going to go on a massive losing run to drop us in to a relegation battle.  Sadly due to the current injury situation, the subsequent lack of depth and the uncertainty over the extent that we can strengthen in January, I'd be surprised if we go any higher than mid-table.  But less talented sides have been successful in this league so you never know.

I don't think we've got anything to lose by giving Bunn the rest of the season.  If he's unlikely to push us on any further at that stage then so be it and we can go separate ways, but the club would be in a much better position for a year of stability under him.

• 4 weeks later...