Bunn Officially confirmed

3 minutes ago, LaticsLen said:

Has owt been confirmed about coaching staff? The link was shite on the live link earlier so didn't hear the press conference. 

That question was put to him and to paraphrase him he said that he was in talks with a few people.  Also mentioned something about bringing in a performance analyst to help identify each player’s individual strengths and weaknesses so they know what to work on.

1 hour ago, UpTheLatics said:

What a fantastically idiotic thing to say.

If you allow emotion, instead of reason and logic, to dictate your response to any situation in life you will be stung quite regular. It is ludicrous and incredibly ignorant to expect supporters - some of whom have experienced bitter disappointed for nearly 30 years - to bounce along like a giddy three-year old. If you haven't by now questioned the club's conduct in most areas of its operation, using your money to do so, then that is your problem. Now, I know you don't like owt to be shown to the light of question but I'm going to do so regardless.

The appointment of Frankie Bunn is somewhat disappointing. I wish the man - a good man and former player - all the best and I will attend games wanting him to succeed, but it is news fit to invoke puzzlement. Firstly, why has it taken Bunn so long to move into management? At 55, that goes against the grain of most managers taking their first job. Secondly, why has he been given a one-year contract? It does not demonstrate confidence and commitment. There is not a doubt in my mind that Bunn will be sacked after 12-15 games if we are not winning because Lemsagam clearly possesses a knack for making decisions bordering on the insane . It is understandable to ask for stability but it is painful to read so many accepting a season of nothingness. 

As an aside, for those using the hideous phrase "manage expectations" raise your own and avoid it. I don't know what makes me angrier: reading that on numerous occasions or having to click into the League Two section on the BBC website to discover the Bunn news.

This guy gets it. It’s not blind pessimism. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

That question was put to him and to paraphrase him he said that he was in talks with a few people.  Also mentioned something about bringing in a performance analyst to help identify each player’s individual strengths and weaknesses so they know what to work on.

They don’t need a performance analyst. Every analysis they need is on here ????

1 hour ago, UpTheLatics said:

What a fantastically idiotic thing to say.

If you allow emotion, instead of reason and logic, to dictate your response to any situation in life you will be stung quite regular. It is ludicrous and incredibly ignorant to expect supporters - some of whom have experienced bitter disappointed for nearly 30 years - to bounce along like a giddy three-year old. If you haven't by now questioned the club's conduct in most areas of its operation, using your money to do so, then that is your problem. Now, I know you don't like owt to be shown to the light of question but I'm going to do so regardless.

The appointment of Frankie Bunn is somewhat disappointing. I wish the man - a good man and former player - all the best and I will attend games wanting him to succeed, but it is news fit to invoke puzzlement. Firstly, why has it taken Bunn so long to move into management? At 55, that goes against the grain of most managers taking their first job. Secondly, why has he been given a one-year contract? It does not demonstrate confidence and commitment. There is not a doubt in my mind that Bunn will be sacked after 12-15 games if we are not winning because Lemsagam clearly possesses a knack for making decisions bordering on the insane . It is understandable to ask for stability but it is painful to read so many accepting a season of nothingness. 

As an aside, for those using the hideous phrase "manage expectations" raise your own and avoid it. I don't know what makes me angrier: reading that on numerous occasions or having to click into the League Two section on the BBC website to discover the Bunn news.

I refer you to the post you are quoting.  Bore off. 

23 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I refer you to the post you are quoting.  Bore off. 

I bet you're the office gimp, running round being super positive whilst the workforce comprehend the redundancy letters.

Take a day off, read what I said and stop being the town's worst contradiction. Cry baby.

May have missed the following already being said but just catching up after a day of business meetings.

My concern is that FB’s appointment seems too rushed for my liking.  

When RW was appointed we interviewed the likes of Scholes, Seedorf etc; highly likely influenced by AL (who we now know had already started funding the club at that time and involved in that process).   Timing was critical as we were in the shit, mid-season and games being played.

Now...faced with a monumental challenge to get promoted from L2, AL had the opportunity to take his time and advantage of the recruitment and interview process to get the most appropriate candidate.  

However, FB is approached, “interviewed” and recruited within hours based on a recommendation from Barry Owen(?).

This isn’t a criticism of FB as I want him to succeed but was FB really AL’s first and only candidate? The above suggests this i.e. no rumours of others interviewed, FB appointed after just one meeting and no suggestion of RW getting the bullet until the fallout of MK article.

FB may have delivered a stellar interview but this is starting to sound more and more like the cheap option.  FB was out of work, desperate to get back into football and took the job so quickly that he hasn’t even discussed player budgets yet!

I’m trying to remain positive and supportive but with the above and AL not even being present at FB’s press conference does concern me.  Add to this the sacking of MM and the return of Barry Owen (who was a key member of Corney’s board and must have been present when all the decisions under Corney were made).  

I just have the nagging feeling - and it’s getting stronger - that AL blew a load of dosh last season to buy us then safeguard relegation (his own dosh or on behalf of someone else).  Now relegated and “due dilligence” missing all the hidden debts, that injection has been turned off or tightened to a dribble.  If the early bird ST money came in during his regime then has this been used to pay debts hence severe cuts in recruitment because AL doesn’t have the funds to cover both?!

I really hope I’m wrong.

Edited by Midsblue

43 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

I bet you're the office gimp, running round being super positive whilst the workforce comprehend the redundancy letters.

Take a day off, read what I said and stop being the town's worst contradiction. Cry baby.

Nah. I don’t bother going in much these days, I have people that do that for me.  Nice to see you resorting to insults. Expected. 

8 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Thoroughly underwhelming. Chance for a fresh start squandered me thinks

For once, Kusunga fails to see the positives. If our head cheerleader is sunk in gloom, what hope?

If Dad's Army ever returns, you, sir, are a shoo-in for Frazer!

8 hours ago, mick26 said:

"Discussed formations with AL", "target is good performances".

FFS if Accrington with a small budget can piss league 2 as champions then the least we should expect is a serious tilt at promotion.

I hope that AL comes up with the goods but at the minute this looks like we're only heading one way and it's not up.

Accrington didn't have Corney as chairman for years on end, nor Barry The Fleece. Grow up.

As a previous poster pointed out, Frankie Bunn has applied for this job - this job!! - three times. The third time when, according to the doomsayers on here, we are in bigger trouble than ever before.

For that alone he gets my backing. Good luck Frankie. Prove the pessimists on here wrong. Not that they'll apologise if you do.

10 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Can't say I am too excited about this and, for my money, it shows how out of touch Barry is with the fans that he thinks an appointment of a club "legend" (I use the term very loosely) will appease the fans.

But, he has my backing and it is important that we manage expectations next season. I think the club is in so much of a state that promotion would be an absolutely incredible achievement. A season of consolidation, and sorting the club itself out, would be a decent enough season...

My sentiments exactly. 

Fact is we are League Two. So it’s not a surprise that we haven’t got the sort of name as manager some expected. 

Best of luck to Frankie.

But I think it is clear that you’re either up for what AL plans or you are out, at OAFC now (to state the obvious). 

Wellens said recruitment policy had to change. He’s gone. 

I’d wager Barry  - bloody hell, Barry again - said: “Don’t hire a French manager, the supporters will go nuts... Hire someone who wants it enough you can throw them a bone or two then do your own thing without the manager annoying you”. 

So yeah, I think supporters’ opinions have been underestimated. 

We’re Abdallah’s Athletic now, and I’m not optimistic. 

Also, is it something that would bother AL, to have TP out of the way?

I suspect someone bussing in their own foreign lads wouldn’t have much interest in TP’s work. 

My prediction for where we finish next season - 17th. 

10 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

10 hours ago, maddog said:

They don’t need a performance analyst. Every analysis they need is on here ????

I know Maddog's post was clearly tongue in cheek but I thought we had a performance analyst. A check through a recent programme says we did- Gary Finley. 

Presumably Gary is no longer at the club?

12 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I know Maddog's post was clearly tongue in cheek but I thought we had a performance analyst. A check through a recent programme says we did- Gary Finley. 

If he is, he wasn’t mentioned by name. Frankie alluded to bringing somebody in.

59 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

He's down on the website as reporting to the manager, some bloke called Richie Wellens.