OWTB Forums
Kusunga_Is_God

Bunn Officially confirmed

Let’s get behind him rather than sticking the boot in before he’s even got his foot through the door. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 14

At least as interested in the overall management team and coaching staff. 

• Upvote 1

Let’s give the bloke a chance, can he do any worse than some recent appointments?

the fiasco behind the scenes needs sorting out, cannot continue to delay wages and not pay suppliers, need to start doing things properly for a change, need  lemsagem to pull his finger out and put new personnel and financial structure in place to enable the manager to move the team forward

One good ifollow interview and half the dissenters will be on board.

Initially feel a bit underwhelmed but that may change after a summer of player recruitment, back room staff etc.  Good luck to him :chubb:

Decent appointment. Plenty of coaching experience and should have built up knowledge and contacts.

Might see more young lads getting a go too. Hopefully he sticks with Edmundson at the back.

At first I thought that takes the cake......but I'm happy that he has a chance of showing us what he can do.I would have liked Scholes to join him but just glad the decision has been made quickly so he can get on with things now..Pity  he can't play anymore!!

Disappointing, cheap & uninspiring.

I thought Abdallah might have made a bit of a statement but as I said on the speculation thread, it's got Barry Owen written all over it!

Hope he proves me wrong like!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Obviously hope he does well and will get behind him but can't pretend I am excited about the appointment, pretty much a rookie manager at 55.

Does this signal that AL intends to utilise some of the youth players that were praised at the back end of the season? 

Best of luck Frankie, give the ball to José and Byrne and we'll manage just fine.

28 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

need to think of a song for him 

I've got a lovely bunn of coconuts. 

I find it very strange. Feels like a cheap appointment which suggests AL wont be investing in the playing side much. Cant see him gaining immediate respect from the players either which could be a problem. Overall feel we will do less well than if Wellens had stayed. That said i'm willing to get behind him and give him a chance.

Frankie, Frankie, Frankie Frankie Frankie.....

Edited by dannyboy55555

30 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

At least as interested in the overall management team and coaching staff. 

Hopefully, Frankie will be allowed to bring in a couple of his own backroom staff. At least we've got a new manager in quickly this time.

This suggests to me there won't been influx if overseas players, rather a period of settlement.

Bunn's demeanour suggests to me he will be the calm after the storm. 

Thats the right way IMO.

Don’t get people crabbing the 1yr deal. Saves on compo if it doesn’t work out and if by fluke we get to the playoffs or automatic it’s unlikely anyone would come in for him anyway.

3 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Wonder if his lad will be the first signing through the door

He's on 10k a week at Bury, I doubt it!

It's not an appointment that inspires belief. 

I wish Bunn all the best.

I'd hoped for a stable pre-season, but another year, another upheaval and yet again one of the main factors why we're not progressing as a club. How many managers is that now since LJ left a few seasons back? Not sure how the club expect to build anything.

Edited by PlayItLivo

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

This suggests to me there won't been influx if overseas players, rather a period of settlement.

Bunn's demeanour suggests to me he will be the calm after the storm. 

Thats the right way IMO.

Devil's advocate but Abdallah may well have said you get the job as long as you settle for the influx of overseas players!