Bunn Officially confirmed

Bucket loads of coaching experience behind him, which is a lot more than some of our previous managers have come in with. 

I would have liked an experienced L2 manager but I'm happy with Bunn and I'll be behind him 100%. 

Hopefully now things will settle down and he can build a squad. 

• Like 1

Can't say I am too excited about this and, for my money, it shows how out of touch Barry is with the fans that he thinks an appointment of a club "legend" (I use the term very loosely) will appease the fans.

But, he has my backing and it is important that we manage expectations next season. I think the club is in so much of a state that promotion would be an absolutely incredible achievement. A season of consolidation, and sorting the club itself out, would be a decent enough season...

Anyone doubting that Frankie is a Latics legend is clearly ignoring the ultimate accolade when he was honoured and recognised with an OWTB Legends Series T-shirt, “Six of the Best”.

Think we may even have broken even with that one!

You can shove your golden bricks up your arse!!!

2 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Anyone doubting that Frankie is a Latics legend is clearly ignoring the ultimate accolade when he was honoured and recognised with an OWTB Legends Series T-shirt, “Six of the Best”.

As my ex Father in Law used to say, there are 6 goals in every striker. Unfortunately for Frank, they all came in one game.

Still, he is a legend by any measure.

28 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Can't say I am too excited about this and, for my money, it shows how out of touch Barry is with the fans that he thinks an appointment of a club "legend" (I use the term very loosely) will appease the fans.

But, he has my backing and it is important that we manage expectations next season. I think the club is in so much of a state that promotion would be an absolutely incredible achievement. A season of consolidation, and sorting the club itself out, would be a decent enough season...

Anything above not doing a Chesterfield or a Tranmere can be considered a success next season.

We can forget about play offs or promotion. It's a massive ask given the state of the club. Let's just try and consolidate ourselves in League Two and try and build a squad capable of competing over the next few seasons.

Bunn won't be everyone's cup of tea, and if perfectly honest, I was hoping for someone with managerial experience of some sort, but he does have a wealth of coaching experience. He might just be the one to encourage the use of the younger players a la Edmundson etc. Like many have said, let's give him a chance before writing him off and see what he does with player recruitment, shipping out those he doesn't rate, steadying the dressing room (which by all accounts, if true, wasn't too friendly a place at times) and develops an entertaining brand of football.

I honestly don't expect instant promotion, just top half would be a good place to start. If we make the play offs, great. Better than that and we'll be in 7th heaven. No one can predict the future, so instead of being determined we're on a slippery slope to oblivion, let's see where the ride takes us.

The one is thing I don't get though, and never will, is the immediate assumption that he is the "cheap option". Unless those that are of such an opinion know how much we're paying him and how much other candidates were asking for, how the sodding hell do you know he is the cheap option? You've nothing to base it on. And that automatically negates the idea that Abdallah doesn't have any dosh either. You don't know, I don't know, no bugger knows. For Christ's sake let's just enjoy the World Cup (if that's possible), look forward to next season with a few grounds we've either never been to or haven't done so for years and get behind the club, the manager, the team, the tea lady and the woman (or bloke) that does the laundry.

It really doesn't hurt that much to try and see the brighter, lighter side of life. 

• Like 1

Congratulations on your appointment Frank! Welcome back to Latics and try and ignore the whiners and pessimists on here. 

Most genuine supporters will be with you in seeking a fresh start. Neither you or (to be fair) the owner are fully responsible for the recent debacles in the club. Let’s park history and be positive.

I hope your excellent coaching skills, considerable experience in football (admittedly not as a manager) and mature style will help  you sort out some of the players and restore team and effort back into the squad.

I am sure other fans will be with and look forward to the new season and a contract extension to follow.

So, it’s a yes from me and good luck with the challenges ahead! COYB

AL seems out of his depth to me, if he's had to resort to seeking advice of a man disliked by the majority of our fanbase then he really is out of touch with the supporters.

I know his intentions are good but the mass exodus of staff with more apparently scrabbling for the exits and a management appointment that's left most scratching their heads has me worrying for our clubs future, after initial optimism I think its important Bunn is given the backing he's needed or this could turn toxic very quickly.

23 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Interview on OS now. Criminally, not freeview...

Looks chuffed to bits (as Shez would say), "Very proud"

Been close before

Couple of meetings with AL. "The club will come first" (what does that mean?)

It's gonna be tough

We'll try and get as high as we can with good performances and maybe putting a smile back on peoples faces

Supporters vital. Went to a couple of aways last season, following terrific. Getting that atmosphere at home would be like 12th man

Style of football something we're going to have to look at, discussed formations with AL, we'll see how players go, how they fit, square pegs, round holes no good (I liked this bit - decide on a formation once you know who your players are, suggests he might have more than a plan A too)

Wanna create an enjoyable winning atmosphere 

Sam asks if he's had a look at the players - "Gonna go through squad a little bit later"

Lot of organising and talking to be done

Will continue to develop youth. Couple of kids on fringes already. 

Has worked with senior players aswell as assistant at COv for three years so feels he's got a good mix

Since leaving school at 16 football has been my life 

Re transfers will sit down and discuss with AL and staff and look to bring in good players who'll wear the badge with pride (yeah, good luck with that) hungry players who want to play for Oldham Athletic

Sam asks what the target is for next season "the target is good performances, putting smiles on supporters faces, getting them singing and lets see where that gets us.I can guarantee you good performances will lead to results"

Fans vital to clubs success. Lets back to if we can anywhere near the glory days. What has gone has gone, we're gonna look forward. 

Sam congratulates him again "thank you, delighted" big beaming grin. 

He seems absolutely over the moon to have got it. 

"Discussed formations with AL", "target is good performances".

FFS if Accrington with a small budget can piss league 2 as champions then the least we should expect is a serious tilt at promotion.

I hope that AL comes up with the goods but at the minute this looks like we're only heading one way and it's not up.

55 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Interview on OS now. Criminally, not freeview...

I'm registered on ifollow, with an auto-renewal date of next month, but I get the following message when I try to sign in: "You don’t have access to this content. We’re getting packages ready for the new season, so come back in June 2018 and register for the new campaign."

45 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

I think mine is still at the bottom of a wardrobe somewhere might try and dig it out.

16 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

... Style of football something we're going to have to look at, discussed formations with AL, we'll see how players go, how they fit, square pegs, round holes no good (I liked this bit - decide on a formation once you know who your players are, suggests he might have more than a plan A too)...

Bit worried about this statement.

Sounds like Bunn has accepted that Al will have a lot of influence over which players we sign and Bunn will then have to fit them into a formation.  

I'd much rather Bunn had in mind a preferred formation and signed the round and square  peg players to fit in the round and square holes in that formation.

3 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

Bit worried about this statement.

Sounds like Bunn has accepted that Al will have a lot of influence over which players we sign and Bunn will then have to fit them into a formation.  

I'd much rather Bunn had in mind a preferred formation and signed the round and square  peg players to fit in the round and square holes in that formation.

Not realistic though is it? It's pretty clear that AL is going to continue bringing in his players - whoever is manager is going to have make the best of it.