Bunn Officially confirmed

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Not sure why the owner bringing players in is automatically seen as a problem?

Anyhow, decent interview, level headed. Managing expectation, which any sensible manager should do.

After the success stories of Maouche Menig and Omrani last season Id say its a problem

Good to see hes passed the owtb good interview test. They all sound terrific in their first interview, they all sound like Pep. 

They usually end up sounding like Partridge within a few months.

Edited by GlossopLatic

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

After the success stories of Maouche Menig and Omrani last season Id say its a problem

Good to see hes passed the owtb good interview test. They all sound terrific in their first interview, they all sound like Pep. 

Right. So presumably you feel the same about managers bringing players in too then as, since Royle, they have (pretty much to a man) had an equally dismal record at player recruitment.   

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

What should he have said instead?

4 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Sums it up well

Speculation.   Another cry baby neg.  It is sooo easy to be a snide and negative.  It also speaks volumes about him and you.  What a tragic and bitter existence.

Edited by kowenicki

1 hour ago, PlayItLivo said:

Anything above not doing a Chesterfield or a Tranmere can be considered a success next season.

We can forget about play offs or promotion. It's a massive ask given the state of the club. Let's just try and consolidate ourselves in League Two and try and build a squad capable of competing over the next few seasons.

We have enough decent players from last season to win this league never mind consolidation. 

5 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Sums it up well

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://dannywildegigguide.org.uk/&ved=2ahUKEwjEg5Hx3dDbAhUKJcAKHdK8DcAQFjALegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw0n5Iz82FnInl9KA12vdhXO

He should stick to singing.

Edited by Magic Mikey
Typo

7 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

From the official site: " Over the years Bunn has watched a number of Oldham matches and has prised the supporters for the baking they give the team."

Even they've started with the shit puns.

Well we did have Masterchef.

The thing is if we are in the lower reaches of this division after 10 games things are going to get extremely toxic.

He will be under huge pressure to get us challenging the playoffs, however, It would be a big job even for an experienced manager let alone (yet again) someone who’s taking his first steps into management at league level.

I really hope he can get us going again but we have been here before, several times,  and there is nothing to suggest that the new season will be any different.

A good start is absolutely essential!!

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We have enough decent players from last season to win this league never mind consolidation. 

Yes but how many will still be here come the start of the season?

Then we'll have what's left plus the new batch of useless #frenchlads.

28 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Right. So presumably you feel the same about managers bringing players in too then as, since Royle, they have (pretty much to a man) had an equally dismal record at player recruitment.   

I dont feel the same about the managers they usually get atleast 1 right and usually at a fraction of the cost omrani maouche and menig have cost us. The money we spent on them which must be north of £800k makes the signing of Joe Coelbeck a shrewd investment.

30 minutes ago, maddog said:

What should he have said instead?

Thats not really the point they all sound good in their first interview at the club it usually counts for nothing.

1 hour ago, Chaddy14 said:

Congratulations on your appointment Frank! Welcome back to Latics and try and ignore the whiners and pessimists on here. 

Most genuine supporters will be with you in seeking a fresh start. Neither you or (to be fair) the owner are fully responsible for the recent debacles in the club. Let’s park history and be positive.

I hope your excellent coaching skills, considerable experience in football (admittedly not as a manager) and mature style will help  you sort out some of the players and restore team and effort back into the squad.

I am sure other fans will be with and look forward to the new season and a contract extension to follow.

So, it’s a yes from me and good luck with the challenges ahead! COYB

You can be underwhelmed and supportive at the same time.

Looking at twatter I would think that had it existed 30 years ago I'm sure Joe Royle would have got exactly the same comments from a league of moaning barstewards.

Give the lad a chance, can he really be any worse than the dross we've had since Joe.

Good luck Frankie. 

5 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Disappointing, cheap & uninspiring.

I thought Abdallah might have made a bit of a statement but as I said on the speculation thread, it's got Barry Owen written all over it!

Hope he proves me wrong like!

Gaz, please replace that avatar 

Even uncle fester would do 

Thank you in advance ?