Frankie Bunn Poll

Frankie Bunn Managerial Appointment.  

151 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Frankie Bunn's appointment?

• Good choice
    • Not sure.
    • Poor choice.

12 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Feel like I could only vote one way. I hope all of us who are disappointed are made to look like dicks after he gets out the division.

If I'd said are you happy to give FB a chance, it would have been 100% agreeing. IMHO. Being concerned, does not mean you've started chanting Bunn out in your living room.

PS we need a better nickname than Bunny...

I wish FB all the very best as I want my team to win every game we play, however this again feels like the cheapest of cheap options and I haven't been so disappointed over an appointment since the Sunderland u 12s coach somehow got the gig.

Should have another option - better choice than recent appointments. At least he has many years in the game after finishing as a player and at a reasonable level of club; that alone makes him more likely to succeed than recent appointments (excluding Sheridan) who had barely started coaching before getting the gig.

I’ve voted ‘poor choice’ but I now realise that was my first few thoughts. The question asks ‘what do you think..’

The more I do ‘think’ tho, the more it seems a decent shout.

Reckon we will get 100pts scoring over 100 goals.

ohhhhhhhh

Fran-Kie

Frankie

Frankie Frankie Frankie

I don,t think a poll like this is a good idea.

It implies doubt and if it shows  negatively it is not a good way to start off.

Whoever is appointed needs to be supported from the off by the majority. 

There are many Latics fans who don't post on these boards and so whatever the poll shows is only a snapshot. 

I accept that people have and should have a view but think these should be exchanged via other threads.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tringerlatic42 said:

I don,t think a poll like this is a good idea.

It implies doubt and if it shows  negatively it is not a good way to start off.

Whoever is appointed needs to be supported from the off by the majority. 

There are many Latics fans who don't post on these boards and so whatever the poll shows is only a snapshot. 

I accept that people have and should have a view but think these should be exchanged via other threads.

I give Frankie Bunn a bit more credit than to be affected by some posts, tweets and a poll. By the way, the poll has been created some hours after dozens of posts nad tweets.

It could be argued that it will make him more determined to prove us wrong.

Who knows if the appointment was to appease, but at least that is less likely to happen next time.

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, singe said:

If I'd said are you happy to give FB a chance, it would have been 100% agreeing. IMHO. Being concerned, does not mean you've started chanting Bunn out in your living room.

PS we need a better nickname than Bunny...

Did anyone see that excellent mini series about Jeremy Thorpe....We really do need a different nickname.

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

In terms of putting bums on seats or creating a bit of excitement in the town then it must go down as a poor choice.

We'll have a much better idea of how it will pan out when we see the team sheet for the first league game.

The 'bums on seats' argument has popped up a few times.  What appointment would have achieved that just by its very happening?  Scholes?  I think after an initial fuss, things would die down quickly and I'm still not convinced he's ever wanted the job, depsite what he said last time.

Who else, realistically, would have added a significant number to gates just by their appointment?

4 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

The 'bums on seats' argument has popped up a few times.  What appointment would have achieved that just by its very happening?  Scholes?  I think after an initial fuss, things would die down quickly and I'm still not convinced he's ever wanted the job, depsite what he said last time.

Who else, realistically, would have added a significant number to gates just by their appointment?

The only choices who would put bums on seats are most probably way out of our league, let's see what the bloke can do before we start with the hatchet

13 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

I accept the bums on seats argument is flawed as we'd need to somehow qualify for the world cup finals to get another few thousand to turn up.

We were hoping for increased investment in the team and club by AL to generate more interest but early signs suggest we're worse off than ever.

It needs a Scholes type appointment to turn the tide but as always a few good results changes everything.

Fingers crossed.

Someone like Warburton would of been my preference,  articulate and with the know how to get out of these lower leagues, he would also bring a structure and purpose to the club.

Scrimping and Scraping has been our biggest downfall when recruiting key personal over the past few years and instead of spunking thousands on no marks we could probably of spent the same getting the right man in to start with, that for me is the most disappointing aspect because I feel we had a chance to adopt a different approach and mindset when Wellens was fired off.

12 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I could imagine it going rancid very quickly if Scholes came in and was shite.

Or anyone else who didn’t win the league before Christmas. Some people will give him til 10 mins into the first game and the first misplaced pass will be seen as a catastrophe. Confirmation bias at its finest. 

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Scrimping and Scraping has been our biggest downfall when recruiting key personal over the past few years and instead of spunking thousands on no marks we could probably of spent the same getting the right man in to start with, that for me is the most disappointing aspect because I feel we had a chance to adopt a different approach and mindset when Wellens was fired off.

There’s more than one change of approach or mindset we could hope for. Bunn might provide the one that’s most important - on the pitch. 

The appointment is neither a good or bad choice, so "not sure" is the only one I can go for with the addition of "but he deserves to be given a chance before being written off". Until we see changes in the playing staff, unloading the dross and bringing in decent replacements, and seeing how we start playing, we've no real idea whether it's a good or bad appointment. Patience, boys and girls and keep an open mind.