The fans bar is dead...long live the fans bar...

17 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

“We have asked how much would it be to rent on a yearly basis and at the moment it's something we can't consider committing to”

....it’s such a sad state of affairs when 1. We have to rent space from our home of over 100 years to be able to set up a supporters bar & 2. For the landlords to price us out. Blitz & gazal can fook off.

For me, if Abdallah wanted to show some solidarity with the supporters, he’d rent the space for us.

It's just not a viable proposition at that rate whoever is to pay for it. With regard the daily useage - every pub in the country is trying to achieve this, and lots are failing and closing. Admittedly we may have a loyal fan-base who will use on a novelty basis initially but after a while their enthusiasm will dwindle. For me, and I don't have a drink pre-match, the old shop or somewhere in the main stand would be the preferred option open only on match days and for "special events". We all nostalgically long for the Boundary Club but I think we need to walk before we can run. Sorry to be a bit negative but I've a bit of experience in local social clubs and it's a hard game ! 

20 minutes ago, wogghead1 said:

Fair play on the effort to get this up and running by the fans for the fans  but I’m surely not the only one who think the club should be doing this to further the match day experience. I used to love going in the Clayton arms and junior Latics lounge as a child and it made me want to go back season after season. I feel it needs to be done properly, in the ground with proper facilities for kids and adults alike. Screens showing Premier league games, something for the kids, pool tables, Xbox etc. I’m not privvy to who owns what and where when it comes to the new stand but surely AL would see the benefit to HIS club by sorting something proper out rather than a budget pop up tent etc!

we could be romping the league and it would still be likely a majority would be turning up at 2.50pm, make it a fun day out for all and things will start to improve with a feel good factor around the ground. 

Or am I just dreaming now?????

Tracy is definitely on your wavelength from here post and see it the same.

I can see why people are against, but I can see why it is worth the effort trying to establish demand.

I know it's not at the ground but the grey mare is up for grabs. It's a ready made pub 5 mins walk from the ground. Maybe the trust could look at taking over that for a trial period? I'm sure rent wounding be anywhere near 75 grand.

If it's successful it's something to take forward to AL for the future

8 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Is Latique not available soon? 

Bottle type bar in a sectioned off part off the RRE?

Given the thorough involvement of Health and safety so far, I'd be amazed if they allowed bottles anywhere near.

43 minutes ago, singe said:

Given the thorough involvement of Health and safety so far, I'd be amazed if they allowed bottles anywhere near.

Most grounds in the country are happy to sell plastic bottles, quite a good selection of booze is now sold in plastic.

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Most grounds in the country are happy to sell plastic bottles, quite a good selection of booze is now sold in plastic.

6 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Bottle bar could serve plastic as said or pour drinks into reusable cups?

If the anyone thinks paying even £10k a year rent to those wankers who have torn up the clubs security they are mental.

Plastic bottle no problem I am sure.

I thought Tracy was pretty clear, the rent is not an option at the moment.

So some have said they will boycott, which helps guage, but what about the bar in general terms without the rent issue?

At long last people are starting to understand how this 'third party' ownership of certain sections of the business pans out.

Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd built the North Stand with monies loaned from TTA. OEC Ltd rents the North Stand (or a part of) on a 15 year lease. OEC Ltd wants a maximum return.

Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd rents the ground from Brass Bank Ltd at a annual charge of £100K. AL owns OAFC 2004 Ltd (now fully I am assured.)  

The Trust should go speak to AL!   

Brainstorming, going forward. A bit mroe long term.

I work for a Leisure Co that used to be part of the Council, that spun off as a Charitable Trust. Basically to save VAT. THe sites went from loss making to able to re-invest profit due to savings made.

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd built the North Stand with monies loaned from TTA. OEC Ltd rents the North Stand (or a part of) on a 15 year lease. OEC Ltd wants a maximum return.

Are you sure about this?

II thought Brass bank owned the N Stand.

But if it's correct that Latics borrowed  to build it then they own it,.  And surely OEC aren't daft enough to be paying  rent for the empty space that the trust want for the bar,  so it should be available to be rented  out by Latics at whatever rent they want to charge eg £1 a week for a supporters bar.

15 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

Are you sure about this?

But if it's correct that Latics borrowed  to build it then they own it,.  And surely OEC aren't daft enough to be paying  rent for the empty space that the trust want for the bar,  so it should be available to be rented  out by Latics at whatever rent they want to charge eg £1 a week for a supporters bar.

No.

37 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

Are you sure about this?

OEC Ltd are many things but daft isnt 1 of them. 

Having only skim-read this thread, I think we all know where we stand with TTA.

I can hand on heart say I won’t be stepping foot anywhere near the North Stand and spending a single penny on anything that makes them thunder cunts richer.

Who owns the rest of the stadium? If it’s the club/Abdallah then I would be all for putting up a giant board completely separating it from the rest of Boundary Park.

5 minutes ago, peanuts said:

how much would it cost to buy/rent a block of portakabin type buildings (like you see as offices on buildings sites ) plonk em behind the RRE and turn that into a fans bar /meeting place 

That sounds as inviting as a bucket of sick.

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

That sounds as inviting as a bucket of sick.

some of the modern ones come with aircon central heating etc buy /rent a second hand one and fit it out would be a lot less than £75k and any profit would go back into the trust coffers did one of our sponsors not used to be involved in this line of business 

21 minutes ago, peanuts said:

how much would it cost to buy/rent a block of portakabin type buildings (like you see as offices on buildings sites ) plonk em behind the RRE and turn that into a fans bar /meeting place 

Id imagine Simon Blitz would expect a cut being as it would be built on his land.

Thanks people for all your feedback so far, it has given me stuff to ponder.

ideally we would love the fans bar to be on site at BP somewhere, but you have given me food for thought for other alternatives.

Please keep posting

cheers

Just to confirm underdog they did say that a fans bar would involve paying rent of £75000 per year to OEC. Thats just rent of the unit not including overheads. Instead of a £75000 facility fee for the bar to be fully furbished and staffed for the year i.e. we dont pay anything on top of that £75k?

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Just to confirm underdog they did say that a fans bar would involve paying rent of £75000 per year to OEC. Thats just rent of the unit and not a £75000 facility fee for the bar to be fully furbished and staffed for the year?

Hello Glossop,  it currently up for rental at that price. I'll be honest we haven't properly opened up a dialogue yet. Reason being is that I know, the OEC is a bone of contention for some fans..I'm not knocking this in anyway as we all support in different ways. But I just wanted to judge how many would/would not support it to see if it was viable as a location first.

the other cost refurb, staffing it would be additional at this stage.

it really is at the early stages again....who knows

cheers