The fans bar is dead...long live the fans bar...

Bearing in mind that I haven't seen the particulars of the rental amount being asked, as the OEC is almost certainly VAT registered then VAT would be needed to be added to the rent.  That would add another £15k, unless the £75k quoted is already a gross figure, ie. £62.5k + VAT = £75k.  Worth checking if you do decide to go down that route.

10 hours ago, underdog said:

Hello Glossop,  it currently up for rental at that price. I'll be honest we haven't properly opened up a dialogue yet. Reason being is that I know, the OEC is a bone of contention for some fans..I'm not knocking this in anyway as we all support in different ways. But I just wanted to judge how many would/would not support it to see if it was viable as a location first.

There are plenty of locations within the ground that are not leased to OEC Ltd, although not quite as readily usable. Approach AL. 

1 minute ago, oafc_lover said:

Would be very satisfying to see a complete boycott of that stand and make it as difficult as possible for them to make a profit from it.

Surely the more people use it the more profit it makes the quicker they are happy to move on.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Surely the more people use it the more profit it makes the quicker they are happy to move on.

There is a valid point here. If they get a sniff of a boycott and see diminishing returns, they are more likely to call in the 6 or 7 million. 

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Do you think they will ever move on while there’s money to be made?

However I do see your point.

I think the technical term for our predicament is ‘bent over a fucking barrel’.

3 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Do you think they will ever move on while there’s money to be made?

However I do see your point.

I think the technical term for our predicament is ‘bent over a fucking barrel’.

Does it make any money at the moment?

I see three options, someone pays the asking price, a new stadium or it starts to make decent money and they decide that's enough.

I certainly don't see it just carrying on as now for the next 10 years.

Would definitely be happy if there was a supporters bar for Latics fans only (for now...).

Would mean myself and at least 2 or 3 others who go regularly would happily rock up at noon as opposed to 2:45.  If it was open after the game also, would happily pop back in.  If there was live football on TV then even better - much rather spend my money on something like this than in some random pub I have no interest in.

However, I'm not remotely interested if it means lining the pockets of those twat waffles.

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

There are plenty of locations within the ground that are not leased to OEC Ltd, although not quite as readily usable. Approach AL. 

Is the whole of the North stand leased to OEC except the gym and the club shop or is that top floor still vacant without a tennant? 

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Is the whole of the North stand leased to OEC except the gym and the club shop or is that top floor still vacant without a tennant? 

....which was it’s original intended purpose. The whole reason why there is a 2nd story on a single tier stand is so the space has a panoramic view of the stadium. The fact it goes unused, shows the contempt the owners of it, have for us.

1 hour ago, singe said:

There is a valid point here. If they get a sniff of a boycott and see diminishing returns, they are more likely to call in the 6 or 7 million. 

Think they may have to demonstrate the outstanding debt in the accounts to call it in wouldn't they?

Might be something the taxman would be very interested in, especially given the legal 1.5 million tax write off the club provided Brassbank. 

Plus would they have to demonstrate how the stand was wholly funded by Brassbank and not by the club? 

Edited by rudemedic

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Does it make any money at the moment?

I see three options, someone pays the asking price, a new stadium or it starts to make decent money and they decide that's enough.

I certainly don't see it just carrying on as now for the next 10 years.

Well I’m sure I read that the gym is losing a shed load of money but BrassBank will be getting theirs don’t you worry about that.

I think we can assume AL won’t be buying them out of the North Stand any time soon  as he’s said a few times he wants to get things right on the pitch first and I highly doubt he could fund a new stadium.

But then if it was to start making proper money the three leaches would want to suck every penny they could out of it and I would imagine they’d just put the price to buy the stand up.

Not one to be all doom and gloom but I can’t see any happy ending for us in the situation they’ve put us in.

38 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....which was it’s original intended purpose. The whole reason why there is a 2nd story on a single tier stand is so the space has a panoramic view of the stadium. The fact it goes unused, shows the contempt the owners of it, have for us.

Its a shite state of affairs isnt it I dont think their was one promise that Blitz Gazel and Corney kept. We are now left with empty space in the stand and a crippling financial position.

55 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Regarding the view - isn’t there a law that you can’t drink alcohol in sight of the pitch? I went to hospitality in the old corner suite years ago and we couldn’t take drinks in the actual box for that very reason 

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Regarding the view - isn’t there a law that you can’t drink alcohol in sight of the pitch? I went to hospitality in the old corner suite years ago and we couldn’t take drinks in the actual box for that very reason 

Yes there is but only from 15 minutes before the game to 15 minutes after it seems 

http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk/advice/faqs/sporting-events-act-1985

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its a shite state of affairs isnt it I dont think their was one promise that Blitz Gazel and Corney kept. We are now left with empty space in the stand and a crippling financial position.

What a set of twats they turned out to be leaving the club in a complete mess....in retrospect I would have rather us gone bust in 2004 and then have done a Wimbledon!!! 

If there is to be a long term future for the club at BP then AL has to find a way to own all the land and stand in its entirety.

I’m absolutely staggered that he’s bought this football club in its present state.

If the Amigos refuse to play ball which is highly likely then the only other option would be a move to another site in the Borough and for me the sooner that is the better.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

What a set of twats they turned out to be leaving the club in a complete mess....in retrospect I would have rather us gone bust in 2004 and then have done a Wimbledon!!! 

If there is to be a long term future for the club at BP then AL has to find a way to own all the land and stand in its entirety.

I’m absolutely staggered that he’s bought this football club in its present state.

If the Amigos refuse to play ball which is highly likely then the only other option would be a move to another site in the Borough and for me the sooner that is the better.

The thing is I was always under the impression that brassbank owned the land OAFC owned the building and sublet it out to OEC Glogym Sports direct etc. While not making us cash rich that would make us more stable everyone could potentially benefit. But one of the points of a fans bar would be that it would raise money for OAFC but if its going to OEC then we should fuck it right off.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Be easier for AL to find investment and land for a new build and move the football club there away from BP.

As for the North Stand I personally haven't stepped foot in there since the cat was out of the bag with regards to who owns it - as far as I'm concerned they can shrink wrap it, cannot undestand why anyone whose a fan of the club would use it.

22 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

At long last people are starting to understand how this 'third party' ownership of certain sections of the business pans out. **

• Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd built the North Stand with monies loaned from TTA.
  • OEC Ltd rents the North Stand (or a part of) on a 15 year lease. OEC Ltd wants a maximum return.
  • Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd rents the ground from Brass Bank Ltd at a annual charge of £100K.
  • AL owns OAFC 2004 Ltd 

Is the above a fair and accurate summary of the North Stand and Latics?

(** Edited to create bullet points)

51 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Be easier for AL to find investment and land for a new build and move the football club there away from BP.

As for the North Stand I personally haven't stepped foot in there since the cat was out of the bag with regards to who owns it - as far as I'm concerned they can shrink wrap it, cannot undestand why anyone whose a fan of the club would use it.

Not 100% sure it is, though understandably it would seem the best option.

£6-7m is against OAFC 2004. So that would still have to be paid off.

£5m in  new land costs if you go off Failsworth.

£20m in stadium build costs.

No evidence (so far) that he has that sort of money.

5 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

Would be very satisfying to see a complete boycott of that stand and make it as difficult as possible for them to make a profit from it.

But OAFC get income from matchday hospitality etc  so a bnycott on matchdays would just be taking vital income  off Latics .

59 minutes ago, singe said:

Not 100% sure it is, though understandably it would seem the best option.

£6-7m is against OAFC 2004. So that would still have to be paid off.

£5m in  new land costs if you go off Failsworth.

£20m in stadium build costs.

No evidence (so far) that he has that sort of money.

. . . and if he did have that sort of money he could afford to buy the BP land and the OEC off Blitz and Gazal.