I attended all home games and half a dozen away games last year. He was my player of the season. The difference in opinion from so called ‘fans’ is outrageous at times. Exactly what we need in the trenches of league two next year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

I haven’t watched the clip and probably won’t bother but assuming he’s in this country surely the still suggests he’s in the passenger seat? 

Yeah fair point, he may be abroad but he's done plenty through the season whilst he's been over here! Who knows, may have always been a passenger, but even looking at the still (I've watched the clip) shows he's got is seat belt behind his head and not across his chest! Ah well each to their own 

37 minutes ago, rg2403 said:

I attended all home games and half a dozen away games last year. He was my player of the season. The difference in opinion from so called ‘fans’ is outrageous at times. Exactly what we need in the trenches of league two next year.

And to how many games must a 'fan' go to become a proper 'non outrageous' fan? 

Are the trenches of league 2 much deeper and more waterlogged than the trenches of league 1?  Hyperbole of a level Boris would aspire to. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

And to how many games must a 'fan' go to become a proper 'non outrageous' fan? 

Are the trenches of league 2 much deeper and more waterlogged than the trenches of league 1?  Hyperbole of a level Boris would aspire to. 

Think he's saying that he's seen him enough times to form and offer his opinion on the player. We all have our favourites and boo-boys, it doesn't make our opinion infallible.

For myself he's showed a bit more commitment than a lot of his teammates last season and for that reason I'd keep him.

Don't know about trenches I was born after the Great War.:)

3 hours ago, rg2403 said:

Not my player of the season but I was thinking along similar lines.

Only Dan Gardner played more games in a League One season where we were one late goal away from staying up. 

We ran Fane into the ground. He was very good at times, awful at others...

That said, the writing was on the wall with his fallout with AL at the end of the season. 

It's strange how football has gone - Indonesia is probably a lower standard than ours but he'll doubtless be on more money with a better lifestyle, not to mention better weather. 

He hasn't "made it" in the English game and will be viewed as a failure by many but he's able to travel the world playing football for money in nice places. Like his mate Klok.

I'd like a job like that. 

Edited by HarryBosch

Disappointed. We all know he has limited ability as a footballer but after suffering years of plenty of others with that lack of ability e.g. Danny P and the like, at least we got one who gave his all in absolutely every game and never shirked a challenge, gave his all for the badge and got us interested whenever he started to run with the ball because we knew not what he would do. I'll miss him

18 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Disappointed. We all know he has limited ability as a footballer but after suffering years of plenty of others with that lack of ability e.g. Danny P and the like, at least we got one who gave his all in absolutely every game and never shirked a challenge, gave his all for the badge and got us interested whenever he started to run with the ball because we knew not what he would do. I'll miss him

Couldn't have  summed it up better myself....so much wanted him to score when he realised he got  to the oppos penalty box without the rest of the team hahah

He got some rather bizzarre reviews at the start with some saying hed definitely play at a higher level. Thought he was ok one of the few players last season who worked hard to win the ball back when we didnt have it hence why we went down with the worst defence in the league.

Id like to think that replacing Fane with a player who can do the pressing that Fane does but can also take care of the ball better than he did shouldnt be beyond our budget.

19 minutes ago, underdog said:

Couldn't have  summed it up better myself....so much wanted him to score when he realised he got  to the oppos penalty box without the rest of the team hahah

After all this time I've realised what it's reminded me of when that's happened. :lol:

Thankfully Winters was a better shot... 

15 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

After all this time I've realised what it's reminded me of when that's happened. :lol:

Thankfully Winters was a better shot... 

Ohhh ....I so loved band of Brothers. Accept the rest of our squad in comparison would still be running now to catch up with him...cheers for the memory.

Edited by underdog

Can’t head a ball. Can’t pass more than 5 yards, and his weight of pass is abysmal. Can’t shoot to save his life.

3 attributes that are useful/essential for any central midfield player.

He can tackle though and his long legs cover the ground easily.

Was my man of the match on at least a couple of occasions, but in my opinion Latics should be able to do a lot better than the likes of Ousmane Fane.

If he does go I wish him the best of luck. He seems like a likeable lad and always gave his all for the team. Something which some of the more naturally gifted players regularly failed to do.

8 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Can’t head a ball. Can’t pass more than 5 yards, and his weight of pass is abysmal. Can’t shoot to save his life.

3 attributes that are useful/essential for any central midfield player.

He can tackle though and his long legs cover the ground easily.

Was my man of the match on at least a couple of occasions, but in my opinion Latics should be able to do a lot better than the likes of Ousmane Fane.

If he does go I wish him the best of luck. He seems like a likeable lad and always gave his all for the team. Something which some of the more naturally gifted players regularly failed to do.

You know much too much about football to be posting on here.