1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

He's paid by the Daily Mail.  We're not headline news.

I doubt any story on Fane was in that rag would be injury related, more of an expose on foreigners taking our jobs etc. While JRM is trumpeted (pun intended) for running the country using as many 18th century words as possible.

"Oldham Athletic can confirm that midfielder Ousmane Fane will be out for four months following a training ground injury.

The 24-year-old suffered a break to his left fibula and also dislocated his ankle on Friday. It is expected the French midfielder will be out until Christmas at the earliest."

So, erm, five months then?

Just now, Simpo said:

"Oldham Athletic can confirm that midfielder Ousmane Fane will be out for four months following a training ground injury.

The 24-year-old suffered a break to his left fibula and also dislocated his ankle on Friday. It is expected the French midfielder will be out until Christmas at the earliest."

So, erm, five months then?

#medialads: Erm, boss, isn't that five months?

AL: Nope. Four months. Four paydays.

#medialads: Uh, surely it's five pay--

AL: Four paydays. Now publish!

8 minutes ago, singe said:

Tell you one thing I  like about Frankie Bunn, he is a lot more respectful and professional to Sam when answering his questions than Wellens was.

Different generation of player and generally a much nicer guy, Wellens was just a shit Shez.

17 hours ago, singe said:

Tell you one thing I  like about Frankie Bunn, he is a lot more respectful and professional to Sam when answering his questions than Wellens was.

Wellens was cocky, disrespectful, dismissive and impatient.  Useless attributes for a leader.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Wellens was cocky, disrespectful, dismissive and impatient.  Useless attributes for a leader.

THe thought occured to me that Peter Clarke is to Frankie Bunn , what Anthony Gerrard is to Richie Wellens.

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

Great. The more numbers we have the better. Creates competition and covers us for injuries. 

He's got his critics but he's a decent squad player in this league. 

Looks like he’s been training hard at St George’s Park.  He posted an Instagram story saying “😄😄😄😄 finally! Oldham!” one hour ago. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Looks like he’s been training hard at St George’s Park.  He posted an Instagram story saying “😄😄😄😄 finally! Oldham!” one hour ago. 

His replacment signed last week and made his debut on Saturday...i’d be stunned if we see Fane in a latics shirt again. 

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Not been a bad day today until this.

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Bit disrespectful to one of OUR players returning from a bad injury. 

Many seem to have forgotten he was largely decent until we ran him into the ground. 

Doubt AL will let him play again though...