1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Who is back up?  If Sylla gets injured, who plays? 

If Missilou gets injured, Sylla plays, if Sylla is injured Fane would presumably be next in line. 

Currently we are playing both Sylla and Missilou, but other managers might not play both. 

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

If Missilou gets injured, Sylla plays, if Sylla is injured Fane would presumably be next in line. 

Currently we are playing both Sylla and Missilou, but other managers might not play both. 

Fane is in the same situation as Duffus and the outcome will be the same. I’d expect him to be released from his contract when fit and recovered from his injury. He’ll be playing Indonesia with Marc klok his best mate next. 

4 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Fane is in the same situation as Duffus and the outcome will be the same. I’d expect him to be released from his contract when fit and recovered from his injury. He’ll be playing Indonesia with Marc klok his best mate next. 

I don't. As I think we might get two washers for him from someone like Barnet. 

Despite how bad a Footballer he is, Fane has value in the lower leagues and there were very strong rumours he was due to be sold. 

Weird how we offered him a new contract if we were just going to let him go. 

7 hours ago, super_blue said:

Did he like Davies’ tweet? Burn him.

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, singe said:

Fane is no more. click through to read his whole post.

https://twitter.com/ptoafc83/status/1106515081209237505

So... Fane is sacked/released.

The scenario exists whereby Scholes wanted to play Fane on Saturday in the absence of Baxter but was told that he couldn’t because he is no longer our player.

Scholes is not able to run the club in the way that he wants because he can’t play someone who he believed was an employee who was available for selection.

Lemsagam believes that he hasn’t interfered in team selection as clearly you can’t play someone who is no longer on the books. From his perspective, that is hardly his fault as he will say that the release/sacking was inevitable and related to things well before Scholes arrived.

Both Scholes and Lemsagam give statements that they wholeheartedly believe to be true.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

The scenario exists whereby Scholes wanted to play Fane on Saturday in the absence of Baxter but was told that he couldn’t because he is no longer our player.

Scholes is not able to run the club in the way that he wants because he can’t play someone who he believed was an employee who was available for selection.

Lemsagam believes that he hasn’t interfered in team selection as clearly you can’t play someone who is no longer on the books. From his perspective, that is hardly his fault as he will say that the release/sacking was inevitable and related to things well before Scholes arrived.

Both Scholes and Lemsagam give statements that they wholeheartedly believe to be true.

Fane hasn’t Trained with the squad all season so scholes won’t have even had him for any sessions. 

15 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

I'm not sure Fane would have been fit for Saturday anyway. 

The replacement of Baxter could have been the issue though...

21 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

17 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Or that suit them both and also can't really be proven/disproven....

What a pair of wankers.  

The question for me is what can we believe? Either, as you so elequently put it, they are both wankers or one is telling porkies.

FFS! Defensive midfielder is my favourite position and I've been a big fan of Fane despite all his faults and been looking forward to him coming back into the side and protecting the back four. He's not paid to deliver balls on a sixpence, just do the ugly stuff, win it and pass to someone else in blue and he was getting better at that, I know the passing to a blue shirt was a stretch at times but he was good at getting in the way and breaking up opposition attacks.

Binning assets for personal reasons doesn't make much business sense to me.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, beag_teeets said:

FFS! Defensive midfielder is my favourite position and I've been a big fan of Fane despite all his faults and been looking forward to him coming back into the side and protecting the back four. He's not paid to deliver balls on a sixpence, just do the ugly stuff, win it and pass to someone else in blue and he was getting better at that, I know the passing to a blue shirt was a stretch at times but he was good at getting in the way and breaking up opposition attacks.

I would think it was fairly 'mutual' if Fane wasn't going to sign a new contract he would have left at the end of the season anyway. 

There were significant rumours that he was going to be sold in the summer, but then he got injured, so wasn't. 

1 hour ago, beag_teeets said:

We could have done with Fane in most of the recent games, this leagues made for him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

So it’s the same formula as fight fire with fire ? 

Fight shit with shit ? 

Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard

Surely you know that principle 🙄

• Like 2