6 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Well done, that man. And this season, you can have @lookersstandandy bombarding you with emails, messages, texts and carrier pigeons to make sure you don't forget to post your predictions. :lol:

thank you. i am really looking forward to it. there were times last year when i thought i'd almost got the hang of it.

There are many OWTB members who prefer to watch/read and not post a great deal. Prediction League is for you too, just like it is for @milnrow latics, @aidan_latics, @a259 & @Ak's11. Why not join them?
3opbk22.png

All you have to do is, pay the £10 entrance fee via PayPal to stevie_j@owtb.co.uk (Please note the underscore) with your OWTB username in the comments box. Half the money goes into the prize fund, the other half split between OWTB running costs & O4U's chosen charity.

Then, place your Prediction for the MK Dons (h) game in the following thread;

23 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Chuffed to be part of such a coveted list but I'll have to decline. A bit like any time I've joined a fantasy football league, I know my enthusiasm for the competition will wain pretty quickly. I'd be more than happy to contribute to O4U's chosen charity though when details are announced.

This is exactly where I am too. 

6 hours ago, mick26 said:

It was also suggested to change "The Terraces" to "Opinions4u Latics Forum".

Have mods considered going ahead with this?

Obviously the mods would need to ok this. But I really couldn't think of anything better than doing this in his memory. 

WZoC55O.png

So far,
  • 44 Predictors signed up.
  • 25 have gone with the early Prediction.
  • 7 think we'll win. 12 draw and 6 lose.
  • 8 think Surridge will score Latics' first goal.
  • Attendances range from 3,342 to 4,567.
  • Oh... and 1 predictor has failed to predict a HT score.

What do you think will happen on Saturday? All you have to do is, pay the £10 entrance fee via PayPal to stevie_j@owtb.co.uk (Please note the underscore) with your OWTB username in the comments box. Half the money goes into the prize fund, the other half split between OWTB running costs & O4U's chosen charity.

Then, place your Prediction for the MK Dons (h) game in the following thread;

On 7/31/2018 at 9:29 AM, lookersstandandy said:

Respected OWTB members - in the all time reputation leaderboard - with whom the competition & beneficiaries would greatly benefit, that are yet to have actively participated in Prediction League; Can we convince some of you to join up?

@leeslover, @jsslatic, @oafcprozac, @Lee Sinnott, @palmer1, @Crusoe, @beag_teeets, @deyres42, @Diego_Sideburns, @Monty Burns, @Magic Mikey @Frankly Mr Shankly, @kowenicki, @PlayItLivo, @Twisbrogan, @longtimeblue, @the_mighty_bosh, @pukka, @Latics and England, @maddog & @TheBigDog

Thanks for the kind invite Andy. I'll have to sit it out unfortunately as I'd start off keen and just end up doing what I normally do with Fantasy Football leagues and lose interest after 2-3 weeks.

There are 5 Predictors with a guaranteed place in this season's Championship who are yet to renew. @Latics_Fanatic, @NewBlue, @Stainrod, @underdog & @yarddog73. If any of these Predictors choose not to rejoin, then their Championship places will go to the highest placed [Championship] relegated Predictors from last season, who are Lawman, @Runningman, @simplythemostimportantkick, @Handsy & @HarryBosch, assuming these Predictors also renew. 
9a4jb3G.png

10 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Thanks for the kind invite Andy. I'll have to sit it out unfortunately as I'd start off keen and just end up doing what I normally do with Fantasy Football leagues and lose interest after 2-3 weeks.

That's a shame, however I'm glad you've raised it.

This season, there are a number of ways you can keep in touch with Prediction League;

•  For those of you on twitter, make sure you follow the new OWTB Prediction League account;

https://twitter.com/OWTB_Prediction

• Make sure when you visit The Opinions4u terraces you also visit the OWTB Prediction League Forum where you will find; Rules; Game threads; League tables; Cup draws & General Prediction League chat.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/forum/78-owtb-prediction-league/

• If you think you might forget to post a Prediction from time to time, there are plenty of options open to you;
  1. Consider the early & dummy Predictions / Late Amendment tactics as discussed earlier in this thread, especially in Cup weeks [which start in January].
  2. Within each game thread, you can choose to click the 'Follow' button to keep abreast of amendments/new posts.
  3. Finally, you can choose to have a text message / email reminder by reading/acting upon the the following post;

There really is no reason to miss out. Your £10 entry is split 50% to the prize fund and 25% each to the running cost of your OWTB and O4U's chosen charity.

What you waiting for, there is 1 day to go. Join up now by paying the £10 entrance fee via PayPal to stevie_j@owtb.co.uk (Please note the underscore) with your OWTB username in the comments box. Then, place your MK Dons (h) Prediction in the following thread;

Edited by lookersstandandy

As things stand, we have;

• 50 signed up Predictors.
  • 34 have already Predicted MK Dons (h)
  • 10 wins, 17 draws, 7 losses at FT
  • 8 winning, 15 drawing and 11 losing at HT
  • 9 Predictors think Surridge will score Latics' first goal. 5 predictors have gone with a defender.
  • 6 Predictors think Latics won't score at all.
  • 7 Predictors think Latics will keep a clean sheet.
  • The max attendance prediction is 4,666, the min 3,342. Average 4,060.

What do you Predict? You've still got time to sign up;

Pay the £10 entrance fee via PayPal to stevie_j@owtb.co.uk (Please note the underscore) with your OWTB username in the comments box, then place your Prediction in the MK Dons (h) thread;

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2018 at 9:29 AM, lookersstandandy said:

Respected OWTB members - in the all time reputation leaderboard - with whom the competition & beneficiaries would greatly benefit, that are yet to have actively participated in Prediction League; Can we convince some of you to join up?

@leeslover, @jsslatic, @oafcprozac, @Lee Sinnott, @palmer1, @Crusoe, @beag_teeets, @deyres42, @Diego_Sideburns, @Monty Burns, @Magic Mikey @Frankly Mr Shankly, @kowenicki, @PlayItLivo, @Twisbrogan, @longtimeblue, @the_mighty_bosh, @pukka, @Latics and England, @maddog & @TheBigDog

Just seen your message. As others have said, thanks for the invite! As others have also said, I struggle to get time to even login here these days and I've orphaned too many fantasy football teams before the end of September to know that I'd fade just as quick with this