Nailsworth (Forest Green Rovers): Directions, Beer & Food

Bollocks, looks like it’ll be the home end for those of us who live nowhere near Oldham

...thought their away terrace held around 1000....looks like they’ve added some seats and a cheap roof over said seats and cut the capacity !

Edited by Ritchierich

What’s their capacity and average home attendance?  700 tickets is madness as I’m certain we’d sell in excess of 1000.  

I wanted 2 tickets but due to location and work commitments it’s not viable for me to buy STs.

Hopefully we can secure more tickets or allow us to pay on the gate.  Don’t fancy taking daughter into the home end.

27 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

What’s their capacity and average home attendance?  700 tickets is madness as I’m certain we’d sell in excess of 1000.  

I wanted 2 tickets but due to location and work commitments it’s not viable for me to buy STs.

Hopefully we can secure more tickets or allow us to pay on the gate.  Don’t fancy taking daughter into the home end.

I agree that we’d sell over a thousand if they gave them us, but I still reckon it’ll make it to general sale. Just be quick when they go on sale and I think you’ll get some.

20 minutes ago, daniel said:

I agree that we’d sell over a thousand if they gave them us, but I still reckon it’ll make it to general sale. Just be quick when they go on sale and I think you’ll get some.

Ta... Is is general sale attend in person or order over the phone?

From the FGR website, which makes you wonder why we're only getting 700. I make that 1076:

Away fan seating

Away fans are housed in the West Stand, which can be accessed by turning right when you come in the main gate, and entering through gates 9 and 10.

The West Stand has capacity for 100 covered seats, 177 covered standing, and 799 uncovered standing.

12 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

From the FGR website, which makes you wonder why we're only getting 700. I make that 1076:

Away fan seating

Away fans are housed in the West Stand, which can be accessed by turning right when you come in the main gate, and entering through gates 9 and 10.

The West Stand has capacity for 100 covered seats, 177 covered standing, and 799 uncovered standing.

I do sometimes wonder if the people who run our beloved club have any connection whatsoever with our fans.

Surely they would realise the potential to take around 1000 to a new ground in a new division under a popular manager and the first away game.....just give us the sense that they “get it” rather than a standalone announcement of 700 tickets to season card holders only........e.g “first 700, season ticket holders get first dibs but don’t worry, we can get more and have discussed with FGR”

33 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I do sometimes wonder if the people who run our beloved club have any connection whatsoever with our fans.

Surely they would realise the potential to take around 1000 to a new ground in a new division under a popular manager and the first away game.....just give us the sense that they “get it” rather than a standalone announcement of 700 tickets to season card holders only........e.g “first 700, season ticket holders get first dibs but don’t worry, we can get more and have discussed with FGR”

The fact that they’ve made it season-ticket only at first shows that they ‘get it’. It would’ve just gone straight to general sale like every other long away trip if they didn’t have an understanding of the demand because of ignorance.

Just now, Ryan said:

The fact that they’ve made it season-ticket only at first shows that they ‘get it’. It would’ve just gone straight to general sale like every other long away trip if they didn’t have an understanding of the demand because of ignorance.

24 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

It's an away game. How are you having a dig at the club for the allocation given?

You’re probably both right, I just think for completeness they could for example, as I mentioned, say that they are trying to get extra tickets or can and will get extras if the demand is there....not really having a major moan just wish they could show a bit more awareness.

It appears FGR away end holds 1000+ so it is reasonable to ask why we only have 700 

Hopefully Latics request more. If for whatever reason the allocation isn’t increased I don’t think you’ll have too much of an issue going in the home end - they don’t strike me as the aggro type :lol:

It will be amazing when fans turn up and end up enjoying the food cos theyre forced to eat something that isn't served at the chippy. End up with withdrawal symptoms when back in Oldham. Like Karl Pilkington being scared of going to China incase he starts craving toad.