Nailsworth (Forest Green Rovers): Directions, Beer & Food

10 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

So “general sale” effectively means people who can get to Boundary Park......tried for 2.5 hours to get through on phone + no online sales available 

Feckin usleless, home end it is then

This for me unless we get another batch of tickets when this allocation sells out. ?

25 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

So “general sale” effectively means people who can get to Boundary Park......tried for 2.5 hours to get through on phone + no online sales available 

I had issues getting through but you need to press 1 when you get through to the initial answerphone message to speak to an operator. I was ringing up for a while

thinking that the answerphone message meant the phone was busy so kept putting the phone down without listening to the full message. Got through quite easily once I’d worked it out. If that makes sense...

The FGR website has been updated to confirm away capacity as 1076 total so hopefully no reason why we won’t get the extra 376.....mind you with no provision made for anyone outside the immediate Oldham area and/or with a job, it’ll still be nigh on impossible to get a ticket.

Looking at the capacity of many of the grounds this season, this could be a recurring problem, especially if we’ are competitive in the league

5 minutes ago, south east latic said:

I had issues getting through but you need to press 1 when you get through to the initial answerphone message to speak to an operator. I was ringing up for a while

thinking that the answerphone message meant the phone was busy so kept putting the phone down without listening to the full message. Got through quite easily once I’d worked it out. If that makes sense...

Mmm, pressed 1 numerous times ?

52 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Aw mate you should have said, I could have got you one.

4 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I would imagine this is the safest game ever to go in the home end... unless they find out you are a meat eating Range Rover driver of course.

Just now, ghostofcecere said:

I would imagine this is the safest game ever to go in the home end... unless they find out you are a meat eating Range Rover driver of course.

You do know it's the owner that's an evangelical vegan!  It's not actually a condition of entrance :)

38 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

We’ll get more...won’t we? ?

No. That's your lot. I've got 7 tickets and you will have to fight me for them and then we'll see how hard carnivores really are.

The Club need to seriously look at this for the rest of the season, or they will really piss the exiles off!

Why should fans be penalised just because they live away from BP and can't just pop down to the ticket office at the drop of a hat.

"Open sale" should mean anyone can buy at ticket from the ticket office in person, buy online or via telephone, whichever is the most convenient.

I'm fine if we allow a small window of opportunity of say 24 hours, for the local supporters who are not season ticket holders, but who go to BP regularly, to go to down to the club and get the fist chance to purchase. 

But to ONLY allow fans to buy from the ticket office in person is a farce, is unfair, and is so outdated it's ridiculous. Particularly for a game 250 miles from BP!

Also while i'm on it, why allow people to buy 4 tickets at a time?? Surely 2 would be more reasonable to allow more fans access.

I know the club is sorting out a lot of shit at the moment, and in some areas we seem to be making progress, but this sort of basic thing can be sorted out in minutes, the process clarified to the fans via the website, and ultimately it makes more fans happier and feel part of the club.

Note to AL...."alienating fans who have probably supported the club for decades but don't live around Oldham is not really the right strategy".

Rant over.

20 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

The Club need to seriously look at this for the rest of the season, or they will really piss the exiles off!

Why should fans be penalised just because they live away from BP and can't just pop down to the ticket office at the drop of a hat.

"Open sale" should mean anyone can buy at ticket from the ticket office in person, buy online or via telephone, whichever is the most convenient.

I'm fine if we allow a small window of opportunity of say 24 hours, for the local supporters who are not season ticket holders, but who go to BP regularly, to go to down to the club and get the fist chance to purchase. 

But to ONLY allow fans to buy from the ticket office in person is a farce, is unfair, and is so outdated it's ridiculous. Particularly for a game 250 miles from BP!

Also while i'm on it, why allow people to buy 4 tickets at a time?? Surely 2 would be more reasonable to allow more fans access.

I know the club is sorting out a lot of shit at the moment, and in some areas we seem to be making progress, but this sort of basic thing can be sorted out in minutes, the process clarified to the fans via the website, and ultimately it makes more fans happier and feel part of the club.

Note to AL...."alienating fans who have probably supported the club for decades but don't live around Oldham is not really the right strategy".

Rant over.

Agree 100% 

really pissed off with the club over this and suspect I won’t be getting to many games this season

I tried emailing them but no response 

I guess they don’t need my business

32 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Rant over.

"Sorry, I know you have been queuing outside for an hour but we are going to have to shut the ticket office window, phones to be answered"

Come on.

34 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Rant over.

11 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Agree 100% 

really pissed off with the club over this and suspect I won’t be getting to many games this season

I tried emailing them but no response 

I guess they don’t need my business

Same here. I emailed last week and got no reply. 

I am a season ticket holder who happens to live in Oxfordshire so cannot get up that easily during the week...

- and there is no way that I will not be at Forest Green so home end it is ?

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

"Sorry, I know you have been queuing outside for an hour but we are going to have to shut the ticket office window, phones to be answered"

Come on.

Or we could keep the ticket office open and have someone separately answering the phone...

Come on.

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

And if there are 300 people outside and say 400 tickets left?

But there wasn't was there, having been an exile myself in the past I totally get this and pissing off fans who still make hundreds of miles trips to watch us at home never mind away is nonsensical. With technology available in this day and age this shouldn't be happening.

30 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

But there wasn't was there, having been an exile myself in the past I totally get this and pissing off fans who still make hundreds of miles trips to watch us at home never mind away is nonsensical. With technology available in this day and age this shouldn't be happening.

Tell us more about this technology.

Tesco wouldn't shut the doors to take phone orders, same principle applies here, people just moaning because they are missing out.

And yes I have moaned about ticket allocations before anybody pipes up.

The annoying thing for me is the lack of clarity....if they said personal callers only I might be annoyed but at least I know that’s the situation......open sale suggests all usual channels and they even reference the phone number on the original update

i also think they should be more aware of fans and how fans think and communicate in this day and age....we all know that the FGR away capacity is 1076 according to their website so why do we only have 700? Will we get more? etc etc

basically its the usual amateurish operation of the club that is frustrating 

7 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

The annoying thing for me is the lack of clarity....if they said personal callers only I might be annoyed but at least I know that’s the situation......open sale suggests all usual channels and they even reference the phone number on the original update

i also think they should be more aware of fans and how fans think and communicate in this day and age....we all know that the FGR away capacity is 1076 according to their website so why do we only have 700? Will we get more? etc etc

basically its the usual amateurish operation of the club that is frustrating 

I think, and I'm only speculating, they might be somewhat in the dark themselves on how many we're going to get. They're at the mercy of the home club when it comes to these things.

Forest Green are currently putting up a covered section in the away end that's expected to be finished next week. Maybe they're waiting for the green light on that before sending more?

9 minutes ago, dec666 said:

I think, and I'm only speculating, they might be somewhat in the dark themselves on how many we're going to get. They're at the mercy of the home club when it comes to these things.

Forest Green are currently putting up a covered section in the away end that's expected to be finished next week. Maybe they're waiting for the green light on that before sending more?

Again, you’re probably right but if I was running the club I’d put out a message to the fans saying exactly that....”we’ve got 700 tickets for now and may get more next week depending / subject to blah blah” ...”and by the way, it’s personal callers only due to demand/staff/don’t give a monkeys or whatever”

mind you if they did things properly we’d have nothing to moan about or speculate over ?