England or Latics?

If you could only pick one..  

119 members have voted

1. 1. ..would you rather

• England win the 2018 World Cup
    • Latics get promoted in 2019

8 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Sorry but once in a life time, I’d have to go england

Latics have had 1 promotion the last 43 years knowone under 50 will have seen 2 and no Latics fan under 30 knows what one feels like.

Latics all day I will ofcourse celebrate wildly if England win the world cup

Just now, Sparkleking said:

And again, we cannot hope because?

Just kidding. Course we can hope for both. I day dream about both events occurring but if for some illogical reason I could select one to come true, it would be Latics all the way. I think about latics every day of the week. I give a shit about england for a few days every couple of years.

12 minutes ago, Sparkleking said:

Why is this a mutually exclusive poll?  The outcomes are totally unrelated.  Can't we hope for both?

It wasn't supposed to be that deep.

Thought the old Club v Country debate at a time when enthusiasm for Latics might generally be the lowest it's been in my lifetime, while enthusiasm for England seems to be the highest it's been generally for while might be quite interesting.

Also thought it might be something else for people to have a discussion about rather than utterly depressing rumours on other threads!

Edited by JoeP

Just now, Andy b said:

Just kidding. Course we can hope for both. I day dream about both events occurring but if for some illogical reason I could select one to come true, it would be Latics all the way. I think about latics every day of the week. I give a shit about england for a few days every couple of years.

OK, fair enough.  I also think about Latics way more than I do about England.  But I can hope they both do well!  But yes, Latics would be my preference.

55 minutes ago, Sparkleking said:

OK, fair enough.  I also think about Latics way more than I do about England.  But I can hope they both do well!  But yes, Latics would be my preference.

Only took you 17 posts to get there. Same. Always want England to do well but it doesn't have the same place in my heart. Any kind of success for Latics would trump England, all day long.

Edited by longtimeblue

8 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Only took you 17 posts to get there. Same. Always want England to do well but it doesn't have the same place in my heart. Any kind of success for Latics would trump England, all day long.

17 posts?

Wow, it has finally dawned on me why 25% of Latics supporters are so intent on complaining at the slightest mistake our players make. - Their true love lies elsewhere.  I honestly cannot understand how people put the success of the National team above the club you share so many emotions with on a weekly basis.  Yes great if England win the World Cup, but more than Latics winning promotion?  never in a million years, even if its from a NW Counties League

I will go for a Latics promotion simply because England are going to win the world cup anyway, look at this :D

Real Madrid win the European cup

Burnley qualify for Europe

Manchester city win the league

Chelsea finsh 5th

England win the world cup

Real Madrid win the Champions league

Burnley qualify for Europe

Manchester city win the league

Chelsea finish 5th

:D:scarf001::D:scarf001::D