England or Latics?

If you could only pick one..  

119 members have voted

1. 1. ..would you rather

• England win the 2018 World Cup
    • Latics get promoted in 2019

38 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

I've seen England win the World Cup and Latics promoted from the fourth to the third tier. I've also married the girl at work who I fancied. So I'm not really bothered. What I don't want is Latics to be relegated out of the League, and promotion would be a reward for AL, which I would like.

It would be a reward for him - it would mean he's running the club properly, which none of us are sure about at the moment.

It would also be a reward for the players, management and, most importantly, the fans!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Should be completely optimistic and have a category for both to win. Here’s hoping. 

Doubt we'd get much insight into what people would prefer if we did this...

Always will support England and will never want to stop watching them, no matter how poor they may be. I think this is the best chance since 1966 to do something special, so I'm rooting for them in every game.

However, Latics is in my blood and has been for almost 68 years. All 4 divisions (going back to the 3rd North) in all their different guises have been enshrined in my psyche, so it's promotion for Latics first with a World Cup win for England a very close second.

14 hours ago, archiecat said:

I will go for a Latics promotion simply because England are going to win the world cup anyway, look at this :D

Real Madrid win the European cup

Burnley qualify for Europe

Manchester city win the league

Chelsea finsh 5th

England win the world cup

Real Madrid win the Champions league

Burnley qualify for Europe

Manchester city win the league

Chelsea finish 5th

:D:scarf001::D:scarf001::D

Not on tonight’s showing

England world cup absolutely no question.  If latics were to miss out on promotion but having had a go at it, they have another chance immediately the next season.  Then the next.  Not so much the case with England which would likely be once in a lifetime.

To adapt the question to Ireland to qualify for a World Cup or Latics, given where I’m from... 

i’ll always love Latics more. That was clear to me after I realised how I’d celebrated a certain FA Cup goal versus Everton more wildly than I’d ever celebrated an Ireland goal... 

So 100 per cent Latics. 

Yep, all over England.

Hate the anti-England doom and gloom cûnts. It’s usually manure fans although a few Citeh fans I know have started to follow suit in hating England.

I don’t get why you wouldn’t get invested in supporting your country at a major tournament, it’s not like it’s ever at odds with your club support.

Edited by PlayItLivo
  • Like 1

I can’t decide.

Weirdly, if we didn’t get relegated I would have said England. I wouldn’t even celebrate getting promoted, but I feel it is very important we bounce back first time.

We almost had to choose, If it was ashton united in a friendly versus World Cup semi final then I’d chose England (altho I’d want to see Latics play at a ground I have scored on so).

I don’t know. I only don’t know because there is no don’t know option. If there had have been a don’t know option, I would never have known that I don’t actually know.

Edited by Monty Burns
Spellin