England or Latics?

If you could only pick one..  

119 members have voted

1. 1. ..would you rather

• England win the 2018 World Cup
    • Latics get promoted in 2019

I've seen Latics win three promotions in my life time.  Each was much better than the last by  factor of many.  If we get another one then it won't be.

England have won one trophy in my lifetime but I don't remember it.  On this specific question at this particular time - England

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

After the world cup, can we please have a poll on which is your favourite child?

35 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Now that is taking the realms of choice to impossible extremes. Both of mine are colossal shits. 

I love both my daughters but I love my younger girl just a tad more...*

(*) Neither of them ever read this forum so I’m safe?

40 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Witnessing England win the world cup for many would be a once in a life-time experience. 

Well I have been lucky to witness it once and would love to be able to witness it again. The first time it gave a tremendous buzz to the whole country and a great feel good factor. Come on England. 

• 2 weeks later...

Winning the World Cup may be gone now but comments like this from a football has-been just wind me right up...

Mark Lawrenson

BBC football expert in Russia

This is the game nobody wants. Who remembers who finishes third in a World Cup?

When we look back at this tournament, England reached the semi-finals, not finished third or fourth.

This is England's second meaningless match with Belgium at this World Cup, and the only good thing about this game is it might be quite open, because there is no point getting everyone behind the ball.

Miserable bastard! Football "expert" who are they trying fool??

Personally, I go for this...

England manager Gareth Southgate: "We have two options. We will either go home having shown improvement and equalled every team that has left our shores or we put in a performance and go home with a medal and become the best ever team to have left our shores.

Come on England.
Shove Lawrenson's bullshit right back down his mouth.

Rant over.
:-D

4 hours ago, Wardie said:

Winning the World Cup may be gone now but comments like this from a football has-been just wind me right up...

Come on England.

Rant over.

Sorry but I agree, complete waste of time. Do we have a 3rd and 4th place in the fa cup?

6 hours ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

He has a point. I'd rather watch Djokovic and Nadal slug it out at Tennis..

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Sorry but I agree, complete waste of time. Do we have a 3rd and 4th place in the fa cup?

Well I’d rather glue my bollox to a massive firework than watch tennis , however I did go fishing instead. And I am proud of what these youngsters have done btw. I find this match pointless. I’m betting , regardless of what Southgate has said they’d all much rather have gone home. Needs fucking off imo. 

14 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Well I’d rather glue my bollox to a massive firework than watch tennis , however I did go fishing instead. And I am proud of what these youngsters have done btw. I find this match pointless. I’m betting , regardless of what Southgate has said they’d all much rather have gone home. Needs fucking off imo. 

Go fishing or watch tennis? I'll take the fireworks.

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

More into sudoku ? 

Sudoku, ken Ken, futoshiki. All more exciting, also a decent midfield for Japan. 

As a wise man once said: "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room".

Over the last 4 weeks I have felt totally engaged with this England team and it's manager. They fell short but I believed in what they were trying to achieve. In my view, for the first time in a long time the whole was more than the sum of the parts.

It has only made me too aware of how long it is since I felt that way about Oldham Athletic.

I will be there this season and I will give them my full support but I need something back from them. Togetherness and commitment would be a lovely start.

On 14/07/2018 at 2:51 PM, Wardie said:

Come on England.

Rant over.

He is right tho. Possibly for the first time ever.

Sorry folks, but England are light years behind France, Croatia and Belgum.  There is one positive though, looks as if we have found a keeeper.  

With regard to the tennis, the top pros. are far superior athletically and in mental strength to any footballer.

17 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Sorry folks, but England are light years behind France, Croatia and Belgum.  There is one positive though, looks as if we have found a keeeper.  

With regard to the tennis, the top pros. are far superior athletically and in mental strength to any footballer.

?

23 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

You may as well compare boats to planes; both means of transport but not much else in common.  Wonder how a tennis player would react to a two footed challenge?

1 hour ago, frizzell54 said:

Expected down vote from usual snowflake.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

You may as well compare boats to planes; both means of transport but not much else in common.  Wonder how a tennis player would react to a two footed challenge?

Irrelevant, talking about stamina and mental toughness.