Paddy Mac gone

7 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Shame me we never really got to see if he was much good. But with Byrne and Baxter hopefully both still here, Mceleney wouldn’t have really got a look in.

Out of interest, does everyone think Baxter will play midfield or up front? I know he's more of a midfielder, but I remember him playing (well) as a striker. And god knows we could use a goalscorer.

5 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Out of interest, does everyone think Baxter will play midfield or up front? I know he's more of a midfielder, but I remember him playing (well) as a striker. And god knows we could use a goalscorer.

The best position for both is in the hole, but one of them will probably have to play deeper if we want to accommodate them both into the same team

1 hour ago, PlayItLivo said:

The best position for both is in the hole, but one of them will probably have to play deeper if we want to accommodate them both into the same team

Wouldnt be surprised to see Byrne gone by the start of the season

1 hour ago, welshgaz said:

Is that 3 off the books now and Duffus off the wage bill for a bit? Be nice for a few more to go and a signing or two!

Dont forget we released 7 at the end of the season and all the loan players went back so there should be room to bring people in by now. 

Although with all the bad rumours still flying about who knows whats going on behind the scenes.

Edited by GlossopLatic

20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Wouldnt be surprised to see Byrne gone by the start of the season

Dont forget we released 7 at the end of the season and all the loan players went back so there should be room to bring people in by now. 

Although with all the bad rumours still flying about who knows whats going on behind the scenes.

We need some strikers!

We've 17 under contract, and 4 in negotiations.

In May we had 17 +5 so room for 1 more currently. (Baxter, Jamie Stott & Uche added)

Edited by singe

I think he’s the type of player who needs to be in comfortable surroundings to thrive. 

Unfortunately for all concerned, we are anything but comfortable. 

“The best player in Ireland” tag would have been more realistic if he had progressed to his potential. 

Pity it didn’t work out. Best of luck to him from here on in. 

9 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

If he was “the best player in Ireland” he’d have a few more than his zero senior caps 

Not the same thing as, "The best player from Ireland," though! Granted it doesn't say a lot for the League of Ireland if it's not feeding the national team when it's very short of quality